Unofficial Pissup At Blues Factory

britmaveric

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote=gharknes

i simply couldn't afford to get drunk in the BF, i could spend 2,000baht and walk out sober, 

small measures and expensive, don't get me wrong this is OK as there is free entertainment on but it's not a place to get pissed every night

Small Measures? No there is'nt.

The bottles with that stupid plastic pourer thing are poured into a measure first then into the drink, standard measure, same as all other bars.

Bottles without the plastic pourer thing have an automatic measuring device on the top that cost 400bht each, fool proof as the pouring stops automatically when the coorect measure is reached.

No copy or cheap alcohol is used, only brand names.

I'll stand by both of my statements :o

Edited by davethailand

I have to agree with you Dave.

Last night was the second time in a week that I've got bladdered in your club and I didn't have to pay a bill,cool :o  :D

3rd time lucky mate?

I must have missed you Kurgen. I was in on Monday and Tuesday, me and the better half had a good night last night. That Farang Bass player is excellent :D

No Davethailand to be seen either night though :D Don't worry Dave, it was only me asking for you, if one of your waiters told you :D

I normally have monday and tuesday off :D

Sorry mate :D

well dave where i come from the standard measure is 35ml, the standard english measure is 25ml, it seems unfortunate that some bars here have adopted 25ml, it's no offence meant to you or the BF but i like what i'm used to, we are talking measures here not prices, the BF charges a little extra as the entertainment is free, that is fine by me and so it should be, don't know what you buy a bottle of 1.0ltr spirit for but I would estimate around 500baht (i can buy 1ltr smirnoff for 650baht) out of which you can get 40 measures if i'm not mistaken, that is one hel_l of a mark up.

Edited by gharknes

I have to agree with you Dave.

Last night was the second time in a week that I've got bladdered in your club and I didn't have to pay a bill,cool :o  :D

3rd time lucky mate?

I must have missed you Kurgen. I was in on Monday and Tuesday, me and the better half had a good night last night. That Farang Bass player is excellent :D

No Davethailand to be seen either night though :D Don't worry Dave, it was only me asking for you, if one of your waiters told you :D

I normally have monday and tuesday off :D

Sorry mate :D

Nice to finally meet you and the Mrs last night Dave, look forward to the 14th if not before. :D If we know the numbers, is there a chance of reserving a few tables in a spot where we can chat as well as listen to the music? It was packed to the brim last night by 10:00 pm and we'll struggle to get a spot together.

well dave where i come from the standard measure is 35ml, the standard english measure is 25ml, it seems unfortunate that some bars here have adopted 25ml, it's no offence meant to you or the BF but i like what i'm used to, we are talking measures here not prices, the BF charges a little extra as the entertainment is free, that is fine by me and so it should be, don't know what you buy a bottle of 1.0ltr spirit for but I would estimate around 500baht (i can buy 1ltr smirnoff for 650baht) out of which you can get 40 measures if i'm not mistaken, that is one hel_l of a mark up.

Blimey gharkness, it's a business he's trying to run and from my view of my first visit there, i think he's doing a great job of it. Look at the competition he's up against and see how full the BF gets. Must be doing something right me thinks. If the measures that everywhere serves are too small for you, buy a double :D

My spirit prices are the same as most gogo's in pattaya, also alot cheaper than Tonys, Lucifers etc.

Where are you from?

where i come from the standard measure is 35ml, the standard english measure is 25ml, it seems unfortunate that some bars here have adopted 25ml, it's no offence meant to you or the BF but i like what i'm used to,

You'll have to adapt then as most bars use the same measures. :o

14th is good for me too... I'll be there with my new mia!!!

Although I've already met a lot of the TV members in Pattaya, it'll be good to put a few more faces to some other names.

:D

i simply couldn't afford to get drunk in the BF, i could spend 2,000baht and walk out sober, small measures and expensive, don't get me wrong this is OK as there is free entertainment on but it's not a place to get pissed every night

I just like the shark bar, it is currently under used and it's a shame.

Like I said before sharky you should get marks for trying....but knocking a successful very popular business as the Blues Factory will not get more customers through your door.

Best if you analyze your business to discover why it is underused..........You do realize that the location where you are has never been good for busnesses and very few bars are visited....maybe you should relocate to where it is all happening mate and then you could afford to get pissed every night :o

Although I've already met a lot of the TV members in Pattaya, it'll be good to put a few more faces to some other names.

i simply couldn't afford to get drunk in the BF, i could spend 2,000baht and walk out sober, small measures and expensive, don't get me wrong this is OK as there is free entertainment on but it's not a place to get pissed every night

Like I said before sharky you should get marks for trying....but knocking a successful very popular business as the Blues Factory will not get more customers through your door.

Best if you analyze your business to discover why it is underused..........You do realize that the location where you are has never been good for busnesses and very few bars are visited....maybe you should relocate to where it is all happening mate and then you could afford to get pissed every night :o

Funny all this, I thought this forum was about information

to benefit people.

But as we all see time and time again its about people promoting there businesses in Thailand.

<deleted> me!!!!, I know I will open a bar and join the elite club.

of people who have ulterior motives on this forum.

Not, I've got to many important things to do.

Just Remember all publicity is good publicity, just make sure they spell the name right.

Happy new year.

Funny all this, I thought this forum was about information

to benefit people.

But as we all see time and time again its about people promoting there businesses in Thailand.

<deleted> me!!!!, I know I will open a bar and join the elite club.

of people who have ulterior motives on this forum.

Not, I've got to many important things to do.

Just Remember all publicity is good publicity, just make sure they spell the name right.

Happy new year.

:D:D

Sharky,

On your recommendation I have visited the Shark bar twice with the missus.

On one occasion there was only one other customer (you?)

On the other occasion we were alone with a young male thai barman you scowled at the falang with the pretty Thai wife. I am sorry but I just do not see the attraction in a town with so many good bars.

I am sure that if you pop down to the BF and introduce yourself to Dave that he will probably buy you your first drink, even if only for the novelty factor.

Happy New Year

I like the BF and have been there many times, if you read my posts carefully you will find i was making a general point and not slating the BF, my original point was that I would not like to have a piss up there as it would cost too much, I don't know what you guys mean by a piss up, but it mustn't be the same as my meaning, add up about 25-30 25ml vodka's, it comes to a very tidy sum - over 3000baht. Plus conversation is kindoff out the window also - way too noisey, lets go out with a bunch of strangers and stand and look at eachother all night, hardly the best way to get to know people is it ?.

Like I said and my original point, the BF is not the best venue for a piss up,

""""""""""""""And just to clarify, I have no connection with the shark bar other than being a customer""""""""""""

Oh and John, I have never found a happy Thai barman ---- ever, you have made the point several times. Maybe you frightened him. lol

Edited by gharknes

""""""""""""""And just to clarify, I have no connection with the shark bar other than being a customer""""""""""""

I have never suggested otherwise

Oh and John, I have never found a happy Thai barman ---- ever, you have made the point several times. Maybe you frightened him. lol

Being seven feet tall and spitting flames has that effect sometimes

And to be honest, about the noise affecting conversation, you do have a point.

I like the BF and have been there many times, if you read my posts carefully you will find i was making a general point and not slating the BF, my original point was that I would not like to have a piss up there as it would cost too much, I don't know what you guys mean by a piss up, but it mustn't be the same as my meaning, add up about 25-30 25ml vodka's, it comes to a very tidy sum - over 3000baht. Plus conversation is kindoff out the window also - way too noisey, lets go out with a bunch of strangers and stand and look at eachother all night, hardly the best way to get to know people is it ?.

Like I said and my original point, the BF is not the best venue for a piss up,

I sencond that. Nothing against the BF, not cheap but value for money. As for the purpose of getting to know each other I am not so sure, you can hardly understand your neighbour unless he screams in your ears.

Shark Bar: What ever happened to Kai, the German manager? I haven't seen him for ages.

Not been on for a few day's as i've been up in the sticks with the other half's mum and dad :o

So what's the score, we all just arrive at 10pm and stand at the bar or what ?

:D:D

I made the same point about 10 posts ago johnh101 but no one answered.

Apparently the piss up in Bangkok wasn't a big success cos people didn't know each other etc.

So I have a suggestion. Dave will be the only Farang in the BF with a Blues Factory T-Shirt on. If he is available in the DJ box (on the left as you enter) or even around the entrance, he could point us to where everyone is sitting. Either that or Dave tells one of his staff at the door and as we arrive we just say "where is the Thai Visa party"

Dave, are you going to reserve a small area? If it's as full as the other night at 10:00pm we'll never get to sit together anyway