Thai Airways Problem?

Paagai

About 11:45 saw a Thai airways flight (not sure if Boeing 777 or Airbus) apparently climbing out of CNX to the N.E. of the city with the landing gear still down some kilometers from the airport.

Could be a training flight or something but I don't believe otherwise it's normal practice? Or was it something else e.g. technical problem, emergency or (hopefully not) dopey crew?

Can't confirm for sure but sometimes on fast-turnarounds - the brakes are still hot from the landing. It is sometimes the case that the front end crew leave the undercarriage down for a while to cool off after the take-off.

Can't confirm for sure but sometimes on fast-turnarounds - the brakes are still hot from the landing. It is sometimes the case that the front end crew leave the undercarriage down for a while to cool off after the take-off.

Unlikely reason. Wheels down after take off creates a huge amount of drag and much flight instability. Cooling off the wheels, I just don't think so.

On a similar vein, I was at Airport Central last week and saw a large Airbus take off and literally loads of liquid was being expelled from the belly of it. You could see it until it went out of sight. It was not just me, a few Thai guys were also watching and curious as to what was going on! Any ideas? Just curious!

On a similar vein, I was at Airport Central last week and saw a large Airbus take off and literally loads of liquid was being expelled from the belly of it. You could see it until it went out of sight. It was not just me, a few Thai guys were also watching and curious as to what was going on! Any ideas? Just curious!

Again - can't confirm for sure but some versions of the Airbus do have a tank overflow port and an outside overflow port for fresh water overflow. Its possible that the fresh water tanks were over-filled on turn-around.

Out of curiosity what were the weather conditions like that day?

Unlikely reason. Wheels down after take off creates a huge amount of drag and much flight instability. Cooling off the wheels, I just don't think so.

You can think what you want. Sir, can you quote for me the temp in degrees C what the maximum temp "nominal" of the brakes are prior to take off is allowed on the suggest aircraft types? This is to ensure guarented breaking performance.

What is the max temp allowed before you are allowed to retract the gear after take off? They are normally two different figures.

If you have a quick turn around and the previous crew rode the brakes to much, it is not uncommon to dangle the dunlops.

http://www.pprune.or...p/t-387857.html

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You can think what you want. Sir, can you quote for me the temp in degrees C what the maximum temp "nominal" of the brakes are prior to take off is allowed on the suggest aircraft types? This is to ensure guarented breaking performance.

What is the max temp allowed before you are allowed to retract the gear after take off? They are normally two different figures.

If you have a quick turn around and the previous crew rode the brakes to much, it is not uncommon to dangle the dunlops.

Are you a pilot checked out on A330's?

Some interesting hypotheses, no other reports so assume it was nothing exceptional. Only bit I don't get is the association of "Thai Airways" and "Quick Turnaround" biggrin.png

I can only speculate.

For the period 01 MAR 30 APR - TG rated and ontime performance for BKK/CNX of 83 per cent with a delay maximum of 130 (presumably minutes)

For CNX/BKK - 72 per cent with a delay maximum of 199

With a delayed inbound the pressure can be on, without taking any short-cuts in safety, to turn the aircraft around for the outbound as soon as possible. Hence 'Quick Turnaround'

Again - can't confirm for sure but some versions of the Airbus do have a tank overflow port and an outside overflow port for fresh water overflow. Its possible that the fresh water tanks were over-filled on turn-around.

Out of curiosity what were the weather conditions like that day?

Clear and dry....so, not an atmospheric condition ie. contrails from moisture laden air being compressed.