90 Day Report - Barcode No More

Arrived at Chiang Watanna for 90 day report today at 09:55 to find 120 in current queue ahead of me. Being very lucky was processed at exactly 11:59 so avoided the lunch hour break. Used printed computer form TM.47 as usual.

Previous receipt had the new barcode but new receipt is the bottom portion of form as in the past with no barcode on it so reports of the end of barcodes seem to be true. Processing was very fast after about 11:00 and done as you waited at counter

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Maybe the bar code generator was offline the day you went there. I did my report today and got a receipt with a bar code on it. I had similar arrival and departure times because they were processing folks very quickly... about one every 15 seconds or so, it seemed.

Strange thing, they asked me for the name of my apartment complex which I was not prepared to answer. I see the sign every time I drive in and out of the complex, but it's in Thai of course. I had no way of knowing how to write it on my TM47. I ended up doing a three-way with the wife and a friend* and we finally came to some conclusion on how to write the name of the apartment complex in English. The lady behind the counter frowned at this and then told me to go sit down. I had my receipt a few minutes later. So folks who live in an apartment or condo complex may want to make a note of that in case it's asked.

Stranger still, the receipt says that it should be kept in the passport. I'll have to fold it at least twice to get it to fit. That will become unwieldy when I start to accumulate more than a few.

A three-way call, you pervs wink.png

My report was several months ago - things change. It seems they are back to using barcode from recent reports. It is easy to fold and stable to last page in passport and on next report it is removed so will only be one in passport at any time.