Rally Navigation

Most people may not be familiar with rally navigation, but it basically is a rally for cars on public roads, that is not about speed, but finding the right directions, based on given clues. It is all about navigational and problem solving skills. It was quite popular in the past in the UK and Holland. I think the roads of Samui would be perfect for such an event on a montly basis, moreso beacuse now more and more mountain roads are having a hard surface. My questions is if anyone having experience with this would like to join in setting it up. And of course if there is any interest in participating in such a 'rally'. It would be a great way to meet other people, discover all of Samui, and learn about your (or your partner's) navigational skills!

212 views actually, as of this post, but, yes, it would appear no one is interested.

I personally think another bunch of disoriented drivers is the last thing Samui's roads need. They're busy and treacherous enough as they are.

Maybe your technical description/title put people off. saai.gif

In the 70's and 80' in the UK we called them 'Treasure Hunts'. w00t.gif

We gave people a list of dodgy/cryptic descriptions of places to visit and items to collect. We always finished up at a pub somewhere and for the frustrated and the dumb there was a sealed envelope with the name/location of the pub (so that they did not miss out on the best bit - the drinking.) drunk.gif

Prizes were awarded for the nearest correct mileage plus having collected everything on the list. Time penalties if you completed it quicker than the people who set the course. crying.gif

Can be done on bike or car.cool.png

• Like 1