Anyone Living In Sakon Nakon?

westbounder

I've been through Sakon Nakon last year.

It looks very nice, quiet and clean.

It also looks like it has an airport, good hospital, Catholic Church, and good shopping such as BIG C and Makro.

Can I buy 4 or 5 rai of land there to make a house about 10 kilos outside the Cityfor a reasonable price?

Does it sound like a nice place to live for me and my Thai wife.

I don't need the bars or farang food.?

I am looking for a quiet life in an area with paved or cement roads, electricity, good internet and water.

Joe :)

I have a house just outside Sakon Nakhon City (SN). I am there two times a year for about 4 weeks.

Love to be there and look forward to arrive mid july for 4 more weeks.

All you say is correct but SN is expanding a lot these days. New big Home Pro center opened earlier this year. Robinson coming sometimes this year and also two more big shoppingcenters. They are all placed by the main roads leading to SN.

Ofcourse all this makes the city more attractive to people. Good luck in finding a nice place outside the city. May be we meet some day.

I live North of NSN and It is perfect for me as I am equidistant from both NSN and Kamphengphet. I have the advantage of the privacy and quiet life of the village but proximity to major cities for a release if ever I need one....which is rare.

As an example we went to Pizza Hut in KPPT for the first time since it opened a couple of years ago...Pizza followed by Swensons icecream delivered from the shop next door. Washed down with a bottle of wine bought from BigC upstairs...drank out of a pint glass cos thats all they had..LOVELY TOUCH!

NSN is also home to the Immigration centre which makes the 90 day reporting a doddle....

Ilived in Isaan for 8 years before changing wives and locations and have lived here for 9 years and I bloody LUVVIT!!

By the way NSN isn't in Isaan...

I live North of NSN and It is perfect for me as I am equidistant from both NSN and Kamphengphet. I have the advantage of the privacy and quiet life of the village but proximity to major cities for a release if ever I need one....which is rare.

As an example we went to Pizza Hut in KPPT for the first time since it opened a couple of years ago...Pizza followed by Swensons icecream delivered from the shop next door. Washed down with a bottle of wine bought from BigC upstairs...drank out of a pint glass cos thats all they had..LOVELY TOUCH!

NSN is also home to the Immigration centre which makes the 90 day reporting a doddle....

Ilived in Isaan for 8 years before changing wives and locations and have lived here for 9 years and I bloody LUVVIT!!

Where are all these places? In full name!

Where are all these places? In full name!

Just realised I had my beer goggles on..I was refering to Nackon Sawan and Kampkaengphet....NOT Sakon Nakon....SORRY!!

• 3 weeks later...

I am living about 40km's away from Sakon Nakhon. For me it is one of the greatest provinces in Isaan Everything is near by. HomePro, Macro, Tesco is around 40 minutes away and their is also a big Tesco at Sawang Daeng Ding which is about 30 minutes away. We are based around Phang Khon.

We have around 8 Rai of land and we just moved into our new house. We build the house below 1 million Baht but my FIL runs a construction business so he didn't made a mark-up.

If you ever pass through Phang Khon, let's meet.

I am living about 40km's away from Sakon Nakhon. For me it is one of the greatest provinces in Isaan Everything is near by. HomePro, Macro, Tesco is around 40 minutes away and their is also a big Tesco at Sawang Daeng Ding which is about 30 minutes away. We are based around Phang Khon.

We have around 8 Rai of land and we just moved into our new house. We build the house below 1 million Baht but my FIL runs a construction business so he didn't made a mark-up.

If you ever pass through Phang Khon, let's meet.

I live near Sawang but in a village 20 kilos south. Wish I was closer. Agree Sawang PK area good and Sawang has three farangs wanting to open restaurants soon. Very good restaurant up the road from7/11 near BKK Bank on right near the temple and Thai owner speaks English and plays golf. Forgotten name but has a car park opposite about 100-200 metres from temple entrance up this road right at the end. Recommend. Don't really know PK but been to Tesco there and go Waritchapum sometimes for market.

Very few faranf where I live, none for 6 kilos thta I know. A few farang meet in Tesco Sawang sometimes with partners in the Thai restaurant which serves Leo midday saturdays.