Vientiane Accommodation

Jonny B

looking to spend two nights in vientiane soon, most likely 1 night near the thai embassy as will arrive late night and have to do visa the next morning then another night somewhere else.

any recommendations on decent, clean rooms up to 1000 baht per night would be appreciated

ive read a couple on here already but no that recent and as new accom is always popping up was hoping to hear some more recent recommendations.

thanks

There are a few hotels very near the Thai embassy, one of them, on the other side of the road from it, is quite nice, I think they charged about 800 a night when I was there last year but are you really sure you want to stay in that part of town? There's not much to do and at night, you would surely want to go to the riverside? Of course its up to you, you have your own agenda but I can't recommend staying near the embassy.

hey deserted, thanks. yeah, i was only thinking of staying near the embassy as il arrive after 10pm and then want to do my visa in the morning so thought it would make it a bit easier, then after doing my visa would move to a better place. any place you recommend for that? somewhere walking distance to some bars/restaurants etc. ta

Inter hotel is in the perfect location on Fa Ngum Road (Mekhong river road) not sure of the prices nowadays but should be able to get a room for around 1000 Baht. I agree with 'deserted' there isnt much near the embassy after dark except a few small bars. If you want to go downtown Inter is a good choice for walking to restaurants/bars and the last time some friends of mine came over they stayed there, nice rooms and staff were good.

can recommend the Mali Namphu Guest House very nice near to the river road few bars and restaurants around and about

and only a 5 -10 min tuktuk ride to the embassy

Edited by dazk
  • Like 1

Inter hotel is in the perfect location on Fa Ngum Road (Mekhong river road) not sure of the prices nowadays but should be able to get a room for around 1000 Baht. I agree with 'deserted' there isnt much near the embassy after dark except a few small bars. If you want to go downtown Inter is a good choice for walking to restaurants/bars and the last time some friends of mine came over they stayed there, nice rooms and staff were good.

Its really showing its age now. I've been going there for years and 3 months ago I got a room for $30, but I think I'm going to move next time as its getting just too shabby in the rooms. The showers have always been awful, but they obviously spend nothing at all on maintenance or refurbishment. I like the staff and the wifi is OK and free.

But it really is getting too shabby. The same group have other hotels at about the same price and they're a bit better.

Its really showing its age now. I've been going there for years and 3 months ago I got a room for $30, but I think I'm going to move next time as its getting just too shabby in the rooms. The showers have always been awful, but they obviously spend nothing at all on maintenance or refurbishment. I like the staff and the wifi is OK and free.

But it really is getting too shabby. The same group have other hotels at about the same price and they're a bit better.

Shame, used to be the best hotel in VTE. Spotted a few Thai actresses staying there a few years ago wub.png

AV Hotel on Samsenthai Road might be worth a look, newly refurbished and in between river and embassy.

Hello

Last time I was there I stayed at the Asia Pavillion, unfortunately rooms very tired/worn, staff good and handy location near Riverside.

500 baht a night, wifi didn`t work.

I looked at a room at Intha Hotel, 88 Ban Watchan, small but clean, no in room fridge and view from window was a brick wall. 600 baht.

They might have had better rooms, not sure but it was almost full at the time.

Then looked at Vayakorn House, seemed OK, was either 600 or 800 baht a night, good location near Riverside.

They have a website, hope OK to post www.vayakorn.biz

To get to the embassy from Asia Pavillion I hired a taxi, which took me there, waited(maybe 1 hour) and then returned to hotel, about 400 baht I think.

Visit was last year.

I enjoyed Vientiane and would like to visit again, made a nice break.

can recommend the Mali Namphu Guest House very nice near to the river road few bars and restaurants around and about

and only a 5 -10 min tuktuk ride to the embassy

I stayed there in February 2009 and the place had bedbugs.

i stayed there end of last year and this year, the place has recently had a refurbishment all brand new very clean and smart no bed bugs

They all are talking about downtown hotels when the consulate is at 10 mns TUK TUK from there at least.

If you want to stay at a place near consulate just ask your driver to go there and you will find hotels around on the main road. Less than 1000 thb for sure.

The taxis from the airport to anywhere are a complete rip off. They ask for 500 Baht to get you into town. If you can be bothered, walk to the exit where there will be tuk-tuks lingering around. I wouldn't pay more than 150 Baht to the embassy from there.

• Like 1