Mac Computer Repair On Samui Wanted

I have been searching for a mac expert to repair my nearly new 27" mac desktop. Still under warranty. Apple warranty repair in Thailand appears to be nearly useless, as I have tried that route. 13 year olds doing mans job! Please let me know if you know of anyone who does home visits.

Thanks

Please contact via PM.

Edited by Rooo
email & phone # removed as per forum rules.

I saw a shop yesterday, quite by accident, driving on the ring road from Tesco Lotus towards Big C. Maybe about half way a small sign that says "Mac Service and Repair" or similar. It's on the left hand side. No idea about quality or proficiency, but maybe worth a look.

If it is the orange sign as you are heading towards Bophut then he is good. His name is Boyd and there is another thread on here recommending him, I took my out of warranty iMac to him and he sorted it out for me no problem at all. I know you have the warranty for a reason but if it's a choice of sending it off to BKK for god knows how long or getting it sorted here then it's up to you. I don't think he can offer to cover it under the Apple warranty but has been good and honest in my experience.

I saw a shop yesterday, quite by accident, driving on the ring road from Tesco Lotus towards Big C. Maybe about half way a small sign that says "Mac Service and Repair" or similar. It's on the left hand side. No idea about quality or proficiency, but maybe worth a look.

Posted 2012-03-15 03:23:48

samuijimmy

• photo-thumb-85461.jpg
  • Advanced Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 1,214 posts

Posted Yesterday, 21:07

The former manager of Ibeats & BananaIT shops, has gone out on his own repairing Macs and PC's ... Also mentions, Ipad, Iphone, Hardware, Software on his card.

I've dealt with this guy several times and always found him to be honest and helpful.... His name is Boyd & English is pretty good....

Sign orange and black N@Net Mac & PC repair.

Phone 083 388 4422

Located just about opposite Sirisin Appliance shop in Chawang... before Tesco. (coming from Maenam)

I would go talk to Boyd at NT computers, first or call him, number listed above... as far as I now he's the only technical person on Samui for Mac's. If an easy fix he'll help you, ASAP.

I am not sure if he still does "house calls" ...

If not fixable he's not one to "BS" you...from my experience anyway,

BananaIT is usually pretty hopeless in Chawang, the Lamai Store (at Tesco Lamai) sometimes better.

Ibeats in Tesco Chawang, is part of the same chain as BananaIT, but don't think they have a Mac tech, since Boyd left there to set up his own shop.