Thailand Needs Cricket

On reflection Cricket may be just the thing for Thailand. Not that fancy coloured pyjama stuff but the real white thing.

When you don all white clothes here everyone thinks you are going to the wat and nobody, even she who must be obeyed questions it.

of course you would have to be careful of grass stains when returning days later.

An excellent point; well thought out and beautifully articulated

Yes and lets have less of it do you hear!!

Sorry guys for taking so long to comment

First... I must agree with Harry, re the benefits of cricket, to Thailand

and also his reasoning behind the use of the all white uniform....good one

and also brit1984's comment re Harry's post raising an excellent point; being well thought out and beautifully articulated

but I must also agree with my assistant, Plopmeister, that me do need less of this as I do not wish to have other members of our team confused........wink.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On reflection Cricket may be just the thing for Thailand. Not that fancy coloured pyjama stuff but the real white thing.

When you don all white clothes here everyone thinks you are going to the wat and nobody, even she who must be obeyed questions it.

of course you would have to be careful of grass stains when returning days later.

An excellent point; well thought out and beautifully articulated

Yes and lets have less of it do you hear!!

Sorry guys for taking so long to comment

First... I must agree with Harry, re the benefits of cricket, to Thailand

and also his reasoning behind the use of the all white uniform....good one

and also brit1984's comment re Harry's post raising an excellent point; being well thought out and beautifully articulated

but I must also agree with my assistant, Plopmeister, that me do need less of this as I do not wish to have other members of our team confused........wink.png

Well said, mostly

All very nice guys ... pats on the back all round ... character030.gif

No can we refocus in the subject at hand.

The OP introduced the thought that "What can Cricket do for the future of Thailand" (I am paraphrasing)

Before I mentioned earlier that "What can Thailand do for Cricket"

Or maybe the question of "When Thai Culture clashes with Cricketing Culture what would be the outcome?"

The OP introduced the thought that "What can Cricket do for the future of Thailand" (I am paraphrasing)

Or maybe the question of "When Thai Culture clashes with Cricketing Culture what would be the outcome?"

Lots of run-outs I expect

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

David48

Thank you for that pat on the back all round….don’t forget yourself.

Now, to refocus on the subject at hand, and as all can see, we have progressed from the main topic 1 up to you 4

(1)Thailand needs cricket.

(2)"What can Thailand do for Cricket"

(3)"What can Cricket do for the future of Thailand"

(4) "When Thai Culture clashes with Cricketing Culture what would be the outcome?"

Now to suggest an answer for our 4th point, I have done a considerable amount of research and have come to the conclusion that the most likely outcome of this 4th point, most graciously suggested by our esteemed Promotions Manager, would be

Thai Cricketing Culture

However, if other members can offer more suggestions, then please do.

David48

Now, to refocus on the subject at hand, and as all can see, we have progressed from the main topic 1 up to you 4

(4) "When Thai Culture clashes with Cricketing Culture what would be the outcome?"

Now to suggest an answer for our 4th point, I have done a considerable amount of research and have come to the conclusion that the most likely outcome of this 4th point, most graciously suggested by our esteemed Promotions Manager, would be

Thai Cricketing Culture

An excellent summary kevjohn; thank you for that; indeed, Thai Cricketing Culture is a new concept that we should discuss further

There will also be variants (with their own idiosyncracies) such as North Thailand Cricketing Culture, South Thailand Cricketing Culture, Bangkok Cricketing Culture, Isaan Cricketing Culture and Pattaya Cricketing Culture

Another reason Thailand needs cricket is to help ease the tensions with Cambodia to the East and with Malaysia to the South. Setting up cricket leagues in the border provinces, and inviting teams from across the border to participate, would lead to peace and harmony in both regions.

David48

Thai Cricketing Culture

An excellent summary kevjohn; thank you for that; indeed, Thai Cricketing Culture is a new concept that we should discuss further

There will also be variants (with their own idiosyncracies) such as North Thailand Cricketing Culture, South Thailand Cricketing Culture, Bangkok Cricketing Culture, Isaan Cricketing Culture and Pattaya Cricketing Culture

And don't forget "Thaivisa Forum Cricketing Culture" thumbsup.gif

David48

Now to suggest an answer for our 4th point, I have done a considerable amount of research and have come to the conclusion that the most likely outcome of this 4th point, most graciously suggested by our esteemed Promotions Manager, would be Thai Cricketing Culture.

Now, My esteemed Manager, by the way boss, do you mind if I call you “ brit ”.

My spell check runs hot every time I write your full “ title “

Well brit, as I was going to say, Oh!, you can call me kev too,

yeah, well, as I was saying before going off track, I do amble believe that you have something there re “Setting up cricket leagues in the border provinces, and inviting teams from across the border to participate, which would lead to peace and harmony in both regions”

Isn't that a mouth full.

Maybe we could organize a Prime Ministers 11, or what ever, and get this harmony thing that you mention moving between the “Top Brass" Now we need someone a little higher up the change of command to talk to these Top Brass.

Who. Well there is someone on this forum who has mentioned in another topic on cricket, that he owns a Sir Donald Bradman bat, but wait, all he does is look at it. Yeah, that’s what he said......whistling.gif

As he is high up the chain, here on this forum, maybe he might be available to approach the Top Brass.

Anyway boss, I leave that decision up to you....thumbsup.gif

Edited by kevjohn

Maybe we could organize a Prime Ministers 11,

If required I'd be availabe to play under the current Thai Prime Minister ... licklips.gif

However, should there be a leadership change at the top, I reserve the right to nominate others to fullfill that role for me ... unsure.png

If required I'd be availabe to play under the current Thai Prime Minister ... licklips.gif

However, should there be a leadership change at the top, I reserve the right to nominate others to fullfill that role for me ... unsure.png

Thanks for that David48...thumbsup.gif

However, if there is a leadership change, then maybe the Boss could fullfill that role.....smile.png

However, if there is a leadership change, then maybe the Boss could fullfill that role.....smile.png

*sigh*

*sigh*

Yes........I Know the feeling....sad.png

This has got me thinking... Abhisit's Bangkok residence is just across the road from me... maybe we could draft a letter, explaining our plans for the future of Thailand, and I could deliver it to him... he could adopt our ideas as party policy and use them as part of his campaign to regain power... I can see it now, an image of Abhisit holding a cricket bat on a huge billboard with the strapline "Thailand Needs Cricket"... do you think the red-shirt supporters would be won over?

Again, I would like to thank and congratulate all contributors to this thread so far

To my knowledge no posts have been deleted so far, which is in itself quite an achievement

...and (of course) thank you to all the mods, who have (obviously) been following this important thread, for not deleting any posts... this is (without question) an extremely serious thread and each and every post, however seemingly trivial on a standalone basis, is vital in achieving our end goal of an even more Amazing Thailand

This has got me thinking... Abhisit's Bangkok residence is just across the road from me... maybe we could draft a letter, explaining our plans for the future of Thailand, and I could deliver it to him... he could adopt our ideas as party policy and use them as part of his campaign to regain power... I can see it now, an image of Abhisit holding a cricket bat on a huge billboard with the strapline "Thailand Needs Cricket"... do you think the red-shirt supporters would be won over?

Hey StreetCowboy, goin to haft ta organize some more busses for all the cheer squad members.

This could become a really big thing.thumbsup.gif

And Boss, I just noticed your grateful thanks to our mods……that was also a concern of mine....smile.png

And also, my thanks to all the contributors, especially one,

but sorry, I can’t put a name to him (or her) at the moment. Good one mate....clap2.gif

Again, I would like to thank and congratulate all contributors to this thread so far

To my knowledge no posts have been deleted so far, which is in itself quite an achievement

...and (of course) thank you to all the mods, who have (obviously) been following this important thread, for not deleting any posts... this is (without question) an extremely serious thread and each and every post, however seemingly trivial on a standalone basis, is vital in achieving our end goal of an even more Amazing Thailand

The OP ... that is the closet thing that I have ever read here as a curtin call ...

post-104736-0-15619500-1337340129_thumb.

Bring on the cucumber sarnies.

I feel a silly mid on coming. I shall have to slip off and see whether my maiden is over her tantrum. Looking forward to a sticky wicket this evening, but will probably end up getting a duck or a smack in the googlys. Before broaching the subject I shall make sure I am well boxed.

Well dear friends

With great sadness, I have to announce my retirement from the position of Cheer Squad Coach.clap2.gif

Reason being, that one of my daughters and husband, plus 2 grandsons, are moving to a small village called “ Yackandandah” and I have been asked to help with the move. crying.gif

“So what” you may ask. What does this have to do with my retirement as coach.

Well, so that you understand, this village is in a very remote part of Victoria, Australia and the only means of communication is " via courier pigeon ". wink.png

Because we don’t have an ISP Courier Pigeon, then I have no means of connecting to the Internet.ermm.gif

So dear friends, I sadly have to bid you farewell.wai.gif

Just one last request that I ask to make…. If you see a pigeon, please don’t think of pigeon pie.

Thank you

kevjohn.....wai.gif

Edited by kevjohn

Well dear friends

With great sadness, I have to announce my retirement from the position of Cheer Squad Coach.clap2.gif

Reason being, that one of my daughters and husband, plus 2 grandsons, are moving to a small village called “ Yackandandah” and I have been asked to help with the move. crying.gif

Well, so that you understand, this village is in a very remote part of Victoria, Australia and the only means of communication is " via courier pigeon ". wink.png

Because we don’t have an ISP Courier Pigeon, then I have no means of connecting to the Internet.ermm.gif

Just one last request that I ask to make…. If you see a pigeon, please don’t think of pigeon pie.

Thank you

kevjohn.....wai.gif

Is it a fat plump breasted pigeon....??

Well dear friends

Thank you

kevjohn.....wai.gif

Please...Please.....Don't make me cry.crying.gif

You dinn't eat him for lunch, while at Immigration today, did you?..sad.png

Well dear friends

Thank you

kevjohn.....wai.gif

Please...Please.....Don't make me cry.crying.gif

You dinn't eat him for lunch, while at Immigration today, did you?..sad.png

The Kamphaengphet Pigeon MURDERER!!

kev, john... can't at least one of you stick around?

My esteemed manager

If you can keep a secret then……. Yes, I am working on something.wink.png

If I can get kev connected, via the pigeon, to john, who will be connected to the ISP

via dial up and a party line, then maybe I will still be able to partake.smile.png

Mind you, my replies may be a day to a week late but don’t worry , Thaivisa has the know how, so that my replies drop into place.thumbsup.gif

The courier that I was just speaking to, re this problem, seam to think that because this topic has much to do about cricket , then we will be able to overcome this hiccup.clap2.gif

See….. It is just unstoppable when it comes to finding reasons why

“ Thailand needs cricket ” wai.gif

ps I may only be able to post in daylight hours as I don't know if pigeons fly at night.

I have never seen them carry any of those red flashing lights but maybe some retired pilots can update.

Edited by kevjohn

My esteemed manager

If I can get kev connected, via the pigeon, to john, who will be connected to the ISP

via dial up and a party line, then maybe I will still be able to partake.smile.png

Mind you, my replies may be a day to a week late but don’t worry , Thaivisa has the know how, so that my replies drop into place.thumbsup.gif

The courier that I was just speaking to, re this problem, seam to think that because this topic has much to do about cricket , then we will be able to overcome this hiccup.clap2.gif

OMG............... We didn't receive any messages and Plopmeister definitely did

not shoot the delicious plump breasted pigeon, sir.

My esteemed manager

OMG............... We didn't receive any messages and Plopmeister definitely did

Am I relieved to hear see that.smile.png

My esteemed manager

My dear Plopmeister

You jumped the gun, or should I say ISP Courier Pigeon, re your reply to my post #477whistling.gif

Please wait until the pigeon has delivered the complete post….Thank you....wink.png