Thailand Needs Cricket

^^ Well SC, I have to say that my investigative powers have disappointed me on the occasion.

The best I could come up with was this ...

[media=]

[/media]

Catchy in it's own way ... especially if you interchange the word Dancing with the word Cricket !

One for you phuturatica?

I think "cricket" was the original; this is just the re-mix version

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With the exitement of cricket who needs coffee to keep awake!!!

Until phuturatica has joined into the thrill and spirit of the game, she may need a coffee to conteract the drowsiness of her alcoholic beverage...wink.png

She'll be too busy shuttling to and back delivering our drinks and sandwiches between overs to be bored. That isn't sexist....it is meant to teach her what an over is......

Now that I understand your way of thinking.....thats OK.......gives me more coffee to wash down my cucumber and cricket sandwiches.

Sorry to repeat myself but... cricket sandwiches are cucumber sandwiches...

You can all make your own bloody sandwiches and get your own drinks! tongue.png This post is brought to you by me who is slightly intoxicated. However maybe your age is rubbing off on me as I am home already after barely drinking and dancing. Am I getting too old or am I getting in the mood for cricket? (sorry if this makes no sense, but it did in my own little head!) HICCUP! burp.gif

I just have this image of a bunch of old men sipping tea and eating sandwiches whilst watching a game of cricket.

Just for your information, some contributors to this thread will soon will representing the Australian national cricket team. That is if they follow my advice and cross the picket line when the current squad goes on strike.

I have particularly high hopes for kevjohn; he likes to build an innings by hitting many singles into the gaps, he rarely tries any risky strokes but, importantly, he tries to score from every ball, which keeps the scoreboard ticking. In fact, he reminds me of Neil Fairbrother (you must remember sitting on your wall and watching Neil batting for Lancashire).

However my brain clearly doesn't work after double posting. rolleyes.gif

What double post?

Are you trying to confuse me on purpose?!

laugh.png

Yes. An attempt at humour. tongue.png

I really need to go and do some work....

I thought it was very funny... don't waste time working... we have a nation to rescue

brit1984 said

I have particularly high hopes for kevjohn; he likes to build an innings by hitting many singles into the gaps, he rarely tries any risky strokes but, importantly, he tries to score from every ball, which keeps the scoreboard ticking. In fact, he reminds me of Neil Fairbrother (you must remember sitting on your wall and watching Neil batting for Lancashire).

Yes..Yes here is my next single...wait...wait......wait a little longer.....my..how far is it between wickets?

Edited by kevjohn

brit1984 said

Yes..Yes here is my next single...wait...wait......wait a little longer.....my..how far is it between wickets?

Unfortunately for you, runners are no longer allowed at international level

I personally agree with this change in the law by the ICC

Now (of course) they should focus on reintroducing fast leg theory bowling

Edited by brit1984

brit1984 said

Here is my next run.......slowly but surely....yes...good one..thumbsup.gif

Note...I am applying the same principle, to my game of cricket, that I used to make my millions...whistling.gif

brit1984 said

No Boss...don't want a runner...just so long as you don't want me to try for 2..smile.png

brit1984 said

Here is my next run.......slowly but surely....yes...good one..thumbsup.gif

Note...I am applying the same principle, to my game of cricket, that I used to make my millions...whistling.gif

Good old-fashioned hard work?...

brit1984 said

No Boss...don't want a runner...just so long as you don't want me to try for 2..smile.png

No need to take any big risks

Surprisingly... I am not that hungover. I think the 1 litre of water before bed and chicken BBQ sticks helped with that. smile.png

I'll not bore you with the full joke - you can find it elsewhere on these fora

"oh; that's strange, you must have a double"

"Allright. Jamiesons"

SC

brit1984 said

No need to take any big risks

No way Boss...did that in the early part when I accepted position of "Cheer Squad Coach"....coffee1.gif

... when I accepted position of "Cheer Squad Coach"....coffee1.gif

Hummm ... kevjohn, I am starting to question the lack of focus on your appointed task ... maybe you are a little distracted like myself at the moment?

Bookman is suggesting new blood (new Cheer Leading Group) and nary a peep out their potential coach.

Maybe a review is necessary?

The reason I bring this your attention is that, while I am sure they have the athletic ability, they offer little in the way of variety to the current squad with the exception of their ethnicity.

Plus costume design looks great on TV, however maybe suitable for night games only.

post-104736-0-22576500-1338783537_thumb.

Body length latex licklips.gif ... but in the Thai sun?

Disclaimer: If I have missed the appropriate comment by kevjohn, I do apologise as my focus has been / will be the Aust vs. Scotland Union test this Tues night. Thread is here.

Edited by David48

... when I accepted position of "Cheer Squad Coach"....coffee1.gif

Hummm ... kevjohn, I am starting to question the lack of focus on your appointed task ... maybe you are a little distracted like myself at the moment?

Bookman is suggesting new blood (new Cheer Leading Group) and nary a peep out their potential coach.

Maybe a review is necessary?

The reason I bring this your attention is that, while I am sure they have the athletic ability, they offer little in the way of variety to the current squad with the exception of their ethnicity.

Plus costume design looks great on TV, however maybe suitable for night games only.

post-104736-0-22576500-1338783537_thumb.

Body length latex licklips.gif ... but in the Thai sun?

Disclaimer: If I have missed the appropriate comment by kevjohn, I do apologise as my focus has been / will be the Aust vs. Scotland Union test this Tues night. Thread is here.

After much trouble getting these lazy pigeon to carry a little extra load,sad.png ... I have been able to review the proposal put forward by BookMan and, I find that, even though the TV appeal is there, that attire would not fit in with our standads set for our cheer squad.ermm.gif

The main reason being...lack of freedom to move....smile.png

Edited by kevjohn

JUST AN AFTER THOUGHT

Maybe these young ladies could fill the positions of team maseurs

post-104736-0-22576500-1338783537_thumb.jpg

As I said....just an after thought...wink.png

Edited by kevjohn

JUST AN AFTER THOUGHT

Good thinking but are you sure they have all been trained at Wat Po Buddhist medical school of massage in Bangkok?...

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

JUST AN AFTER THOUGHT

Good thinking but are you sure they have all been trained at Wat Po Buddhist medical school of massage in Bangkok?...

Maybe either BookMan or David48 can answer that. They seam to be more of an authority on these topis than me...smile.png

Edited by kevjohn

I do have some issues I am hoping Cricket can help Thailand with actually.

I am reasonably sure they haven't yet been addressed.

The issues are all food .

The first issue is Donuts. In particular Mister Donuts. I find the dough not to my liking, Is it baked or something? I really don't know but they just aren't right. Also, and I cannot be 100% certain, but the inside Donut hole might be slightly skewed to one side of the Donut, creating and uneven circumference of dough.

You can see the problems with that if you are sharing the Donut, obviously: Someone loses out with the smaller half of the Donut.

The question is. How can Cricket fix this Thailand food problem?

more dough on one side of the donut.

Cricket will help you see the big picture; come up with a holistic, complete solution to the hole problem

SC

This one really has me stumped.

Quite simple, The important thing in a donut is a hole. That is what makes it a donut and not a fried thick pancake. Cricket is concentrating on a lot of long lasted nothing...the hole = nothing THerefore donuts and cricket must go together.

I do have some issues I am hoping Cricket can help Thailand with actually.

I am reasonably sure they haven't yet been addressed.

The issues are all food .

The first issue is Donuts. In particular Mister Donuts. I find the dough not to my liking, Is it baked or something? I really don't know but they just aren't right. Also, and I cannot be 100% certain, but the inside Donut hole might be slightly skewed to one side of the Donut, creating and uneven circumference of dough.

You can see the problems with that if you are sharing the Donut, obviously: Someone loses out with the smaller half of the Donut.

The question is. How can Cricket fix this Thailand food problem?

more dough on one side of the donut.

Cricket will help you see the big picture; come up with a holistic, complete solution to the hole problem

SC

This one really has me stumped.

Quite simple, The important thing in a donut is a hole. That is what makes it a donut and not a fried thick pancake. Cricket is concentrating on a lot of long lasted nothing...the hole = nothing THerefore donuts and cricket must go together.

Your onto something there Harry......When practicing your bowling, aim for the hole in the donut. Put the ball through the hole...your spot on.....if yah don't, back to the practice nets....who said donut were made for eaten.

Your onto something there Harry......When practicing your bowling, aim for the hole in the donut. Put the ball through the hole...your spot on.....if yah don't, back to the practice nets....who said donut were made for eaten.

I prefer to eat them

I prefer to eat them

Yeah...well, so do I. wink.png

But this being cricket, you have to support your fellow team members...clap2.gif .

Anyway.....What's wrong with eaten em after ya finished the bowlen practice.whistling.gif

I prefer to eat them

But this being cricket, you have to support your fellow team members...clap2.gif .

Anyway.....What's wrong with eaten em after ya finished the bowlen practice.whistling.gif

they will be batter-ed

I prefer to eat them

they will be batter-ed

Harry........ your realy on the donut ball, there

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Some out of the box thinking! I like it. thumbsup.gif

JUST AN AFTER THOUGHT

Maybe either BookMan or David48 can answer that. They seam to be more of an authority on these topis than me...smile.png

To be frank, and I think David48 will concur, I don't think it matters at all if they have been trained in anything... we will be accepting them open armed!

I prefer to eat them

they will be batter-ed

+1

I have the kevjohn curse for the moment ... Admin informs me that "I have reached my quota of positive votes for the day"

JUST AN AFTER THOUGHT

Maybe either BookMan or David48 can answer that. They seam to be more of an authority on these topics than me...smile.png

To be frank, and I think David48 will concur, I don't think it matters at all if they have been trained in anything... we will be accepting them open armed!

Standards Bookman ... Standards.

I don't thrust my spare knee out for just anyone!

They will be subject to the same selection process as those Lassies we have chosen from within Thailand and South-East Asia

I believe that this process would show Thailand that we treat both Foreign and Local (Thai) candidates in the same professional manner with no apparent bias.

Maybe another lesson for what Cricket can teach Thailand?

OH ... if you are going to quote ... you might have to delete a few others or use the @ symbol.

Just saying like ...

Edited by David48