Thailand Needs Cricket

Harry...You amase me how you are always on the ball...thumbsup.gif

And I would like to point out that we have well and truly exceeded the Aussie pensioer score

http://www.thaivisa....n/page__st__700

And the UK pension score

http://www.thaivisa....on#entry5361976

So guys, all we need to do now is address the Financil Crisis,

http://www.thaivisa....ld#entry5361878

and with help of cricket we will be well on the way to being up there near the top.

So just to add.....when cricket has achieved all for Thailand, then we can take on the world.clap2.gif

In this regard, any suggestions what we should call my (soon to be born) son?...

Al ideas will be considered, and the best names will be discussed with the wife

Knobby - for the knees. You might choose to give him a prestigious and auspicious name, though, regardless of what you call him

How about Constantine Compton-Brit

SC

A brilliant suggestion; this definetely makes the discuss with the wife list

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boss...take ya pick...but not necessarily in this order

Harry

Streetcowboy

David48

BookMan

theblether

smokie36

Boss, tell your wife to hang off for a week or a month, so that I can compile a complete list.

Harry

Streetcowboy

David48

BookMan

theblether

smokie36

Boss, tell your wife to hang off for a week or a month, so that I can compile a complete list.

Do you mean "harrry"?

Harry

Streetcowboy

David48

BookMan

theblether

smokie36

Or maybe he could be Kev, with John as a middle-name

Harry

Streetcowboy

David48

BookMan

theblether

smokie36

Streetcowboy would make him the coolest kid in the school playground, but may cause some issues when applying for Oxford

Harry

Streetcowboy

David48

BookMan

theblether

smokie36

Or maybe he could be Kev, with John as a middle-name

Boss, I am so proud that you would not only consider me 1 time but 2

and just off topic for a moment......where do you get all these "Likes" that you give.

Do you have a deal going with my mate George?

Edited by kevjohn

Harry

Streetcowboy

David48

BookMan

theblether

smokie36

Streetcowboy would make him the coolest kid in the school playground, but may cause some issues when applying for Oxford

Excuse my ignorance....but what or were is "Oxford"..sad.png

Harry

Streetcowboy

David48

BookMan

theblether

smokie36

Do you mean "harrry"?

+1 thumbsup.gif

Harry

Streetcowboy

David48

BookMan

theblether

smokie36

Oxford is the first, and still the best, university in the English speaking world.

I would like to bring to the attention of all our noble cricket team members, some great information that I Googled, whilst waiting for the next post on

“Thailand Needs Cricket”…….I do do this sometimes.

Anyway, when I put “Thailand Needs Cricket” in the search bar and hit enter ..WOW

There is our topic sitting at the top of the page.

But that’s not all…It was the only topic sitting on that page.

Boss, I am so proud of you and all our team especially me for such a great effort promoting why “Thailand Needs Cricket”

If I can ask all our team members to stand, charge their glass….some may wish to charge more than one….. and repeat after me….O! were am I….that last cup of coffee has completely cleared my mind.

Anyway guys, you all know what I am on about so, repeat after me

“We are the best cricket team in the world”

and have a great cricket day.

ps I just noticed that information on "Oxford"

Learn something new every day....wink.png

Harry

Streetcowboy

David48

BookMan

theblether

smokie36

Oxford is the first, and still the best, university in the English speaking world.

By the way, I used to eat my breakfast beneath a painting of Bob Hawke (in the college dining hall)

I would like to bring to the attention of all our noble cricket team members, some great information that I Googled, whilst waiting for the next post on

Anyway, when I put “Thailand Needs Cricket” in the search bar and hit enter ..WOW

Boss, I am so proud of you and all our team especially me for such a great effort promoting why “Thailand Needs Cricket”

If I can ask all our team members to stand, charge their glass….some may wish to charge more than one….. and repeat after me….O! were am I….that last cup of coffee has completely cleared my mind.

I am proud of you too

In fact, I am proud of the two of you too

I am proud of you too

and I am proud of your two knees too

I am proud of you too

and I am proud of your two knees too

I am proud of Kev's two knees and John's two knees too

brit 1984 said

By the way, I used to eat my breakfast beneath a painting of Bob Hawke (in the college dining hall)

Yeah.. he's the bloke that tried to get rid of my pigeons before plopmeister come along.

I am proud of you too

+2

brit1984 said

+1 runout of "Likes"

So you both learnt to drink at the same establishment.

I am proud of you too

+2

I would like to +2 too to please the two of you

brit1984 said

+1 runout of "Likes"

Bob's alcohol consumption is legendary and was often referred to in speeches my old boys

I am proud of you too

+2

Does that = 5 or 6.....sad.png

Just to add more 'Likes"

+3

+4

+5

What is next?

Thanks Boss...just so long as we don't go above 10 as

I've not been able to fathom out how to use a combination of fingers and toes...sad.png

brit1984 said

+1 runout of "Likes"

Bob's alcohol consumption is legendary and was often referred to in speeches my old boys

Just to add some more info re my mate Bob....it was him who taught our Thai Lady PM how to cry...yes

Edited by kevjohn

I can't help thinking that we may have lost the focus of the original thread - "Thailand needs Cricket". Phuturatica, in an earlier post, challenged us to explain to her the wonders of the game, and we're not doing that. Then there's those Thais, young Somchai and little Lek, eager to learn why it is that Thailand needs cricket and indeed, what cricket actually is, (other than a nourishing snack, that is). We're not helping them with the basics.

We have forgotten that for nine months of our lives, we too, were ignorant of "The Noble Game" but upon our emergence into a world of sporting beauty we learned swiftly and effortlessly and by the age of five could doubtless recite the names of every county player, together with their batting, bowling, wicket keeping and fielding statistics as well as the details of all the famous umpires of their day.

Because we already know most of what needs to be known, we forget that the peripherals now under discussion, such as cheer leaders uniforms and team logos mean little to the new initiates. They need the basics. In my next post, if you think it a worthy idea, I propose to offer a course designed to inform and educate - none of this multiple choice nonsense so prevalent in the nation's education and graduation process today.

Don't mis-understand, I'm as interested in the cheerleaders, their uniforms and personal habits and preferences, as any other red-blooded male, but we owe a duty to those enquiring faces surrounding us, don't you think?

I thought my next post might start with an explanation of "The Ground" - what it encompasses, how it's laid out and its purpose, for without a ground, we are without cricket. It would be a start.

If you have a rope all the way around the world and you want to raise that rope 1 meter above the ground, how much longer will the rope need to be?

(if, at the age of 18, I had not known the answer to this university interview question, life may have been a struggle)

I can't help thinking that we may have lost the focus of the original thread - "Thailand needs Cricket". Phuturatica, in an earlier post, challenged us to explain to her the wonders of the game, and we're not doing that. Then there's those Thais, young Somchai and little Lek, eager to learn why it is that Thailand needs cricket and indeed, what cricket actually is, (other than a nourishing snack, that is). We're not helping them with the basics.

We have forgotten that for nine months of our lives, we too, were ignorant of "The Noble Game" but upon our emergence into a world of sporting beauty we learned swiftly and effortlessly and by the age of five could doubtless recite the names of every county player, together with their batting, bowling, wicket keeping and fielding statistics as well as the details of all the famous umpires of their day.

Because we already know most of what needs to be known, we forget that the peripherals now under discussion, such as cheer leaders uniforms and team logos mean little to the new initiates. They need the basics. In my next post, if you think it a worthy idea, I propose to offer a course designed to inform and educate - none of this multiple choice nonsense so prevalent in the nation's education and graduation process today.

Don't mis-understand, I'm as interested in the cheerleaders, their uniforms and personal habits and preferences, as any other red-blooded male, but we owe a duty to those enquiring faces surrounding us, don't you think?

I thought my next post might start with an explanation of "The Ground" - what it encompasses, how it's laid out and its purpose, for without a ground, we are without cricket. It would be a start.

I would recommend to start at the unloading bay, behind the bar in the clubhouse, and take it from there, when describing the ground. You might try to make clear the difference between a round, and an oval, which one is much less likely to be bullied into buying.

SC

If you have a rope all the way around the world and you want to raise that rope 1 meter above the ground, how much longer will the rope need to be?

(if, at the age of 18, I had not known the answer to this university interview question, life may have been a struggle)

The same length as a rope that goes around the world 1 meter above the ground..biggrin.png