Thailand Needs Cricket

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They say that you should never ask a question to which you do not already know the answer to ...

BTW ... congratulations to brit1984 (I would have bolded that member name in a longstanding tradition but I was warned today that it is not net etiquette ... so I formally and unequivocally apologise if any member here has taken offence by this seemingly innocuous action of mine) for being the most prolific poster today ... even beating any of the TVF staff and Mods with an outstanding 65 posts today accounting for 2.50% of the total number of posts made today on TVF.

Daylight was second.

Then came in Lite Beer limping home with a measly 55 posts ... smile.png

BTW .. kevjohn was 3rd with 46 posts over the past 24 hours, or 1.77% of the total number of posts.

OH ... I know you are desperate to know ... I came in 4th with a still impressive 41 and StreetCowboy was 5th with 37 posts.

Solid Batting line-up I dare say team ... wai.gif ... and we even got some Cricket talk done today!

Great statistics; did you make them up?

If not, where can I find the scoreboard?

Any newcomers to the thread?

What are your thoughts?

Thailand Needs Cricket doesn't it?

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

I have been following you guys for some time...but just can't keep up.

To be honest I haven't read every post, but I can get the gist of what's going on......a regular good to and fro amongst some very funny and witty caught behinds, cover drives, lbw's and of course I am so embarrassed to mention......the underarm delivery.

But as far as Thailand needs cricket......at first I thought no...but after 2,375 posts...who am I to argue.

Bowl me a googly......I'll smash it for a six with my 3 wood! thumbsup.gif

Thanks for your support for the thread and our noble cause

Please feel free to post any further relevant or irrelevant thoughts

Hey Boss ....did ya notice that our new team member said we wont argue.....wink.png

What do yah say we have some fun, then we'll see if he's a good sport...clap2.gif

He seems to have a natural appreciation for the game, I think we should promote him up the batting line-up

Maybe he can open as a pinch-hitter, like that now-retired Aussie wicketkeeper cum batsman (slogger)

Welcome also to rsquared ... I would have 'Liked' your introduction rather then commented ... but I have no 'Likes' left to give today ... crying.gif

You will notice the low "like" allocation is one of the key recurring themes of this thread...

^^^ Apparently I used all my likes over in the General Forum on my thread entitled Thai Signs Make Me Tink Too Mutt.

Now I would have 'Hot Linked' that unashamed cross promotional Advertisement ... but I also got a 'tap on the shoulder' about that also.

You are becoming quite a forum rogue... or should I say an erratic bowler... maybe you should focus on bowling a consistent line and length and wait for the batsman to make a mistake...

They say that you should never ask a question to which you do not already know the answer to ...

BTW ... congratulations to brit1984 (I would have bolded that member name in a longstanding tradition but I was warned today that it is not net etiquette ... so I formally and unequivocally apologise if any member here has taken offence by this seemingly innocuous action of mine) for being the most prolific poster today ... even beating any of the TVF staff and Mods with an outstanding 65 posts today accounting for 2.50% of the total number of posts made today on TVF.

Daylight was second.

BTW .. kevjohn was 3rd with 46 posts over the past 24 hours, or 1.77% of the total number of posts.

OH ... I know you are desperate to know ... I came in 4th with a still impressive 41 and StreetCowboy was 5th with 37 posts.

Solid Batting line-up I dare say team ... wai.gif ... and we even got some Cricket talk done today!

Don't forget Harry......he was only a little further down on 23.

Must have hit 3 6's a 4 and a single...see, they all add up......clap2.gif

or maybe 3 6's and a 5

Good night guys...I...me...myself...are off to snuggle up to the scorekeeper.

Thanks for inviting me to play.

Will try not to make a golden duck...or is that...no wait.. I must be tired,

Stumps!wai.gif

Well batted! Or should I say good luck with the batting?....

Remember always try to keep your bat straight...

Daylight was second.

Don't forget Harry......he was only a little further down on 23.

Must have hit 3 6's a 4 and a single...see, they all add up......clap2.gif

You are making that up ... I knew the answer to my question before I even asked it!

OR ... do you have ADMIN rights that we would dream of .. a question that I don't know the answer to!

So many questions, so few question marks...???

But I didn't keep it a secret from you.....wink.png

Playing mind games now...

Very clever...

Don't just take the sledging...

Answer back with a riddle...

Make him angry...

He will drop it short...

Then you can flick it down to fine leg for another single

enough of this flicking down a fine leg.....where do you think you are....Pattaya?

I don't think so but I did take a short-cut home from Terminal 21 via Soi Cowboy (with my daughter in the avatar) earlier this evening... some seriously ugly birds down there... not pigeons

Wow..as I mentioned before..you guys throw down some fast deliveries.

I just went for a peak over the boundary at a few spectators...when I came back..3rd drop was caught behind, 4th was run-out by his best mate..and here I am staring down the barrel of a snick off the inside edge (french cut?) balanced on my big toe of my outside left foot reaching with my right hand....hopefully for a coldie.

Can't keep up! blink.png

We don't throw, we bowl

Unless by "we" you are including JT

He has an unorthodox technique

But I didn't keep it a secret from you.....wink.png

Playing mind games now...

Very clever...

Don't just take the sledging...

Answer back with a riddle...

Make him angry...

He will drop it short...

Then you can flick it down to fine leg for another single

enough of this flicking down a fine leg.....where do you think you are....Pattaya?

Did ya like that did ya........that was just for you.wink.png

Thank you but lets not forget this thread is about helping Thailand (or helping them to help themselves)...

If not, where can I find the scoreboard?

An Update ( *sigh* ... now I am wishing I had never mentioned this), brit 1984 topped the days scoring with controversial run getting method when the sun was in Fielders eyes with many unchallenged singles late in the day. Me ... I still call them cheap shots.

brit1984 claimed the day scoring a neat century or 3.84% of the total postings, overtaking kevjohn with 62 posts runs .. 2.38%.

The surprise bolter was harry with 28 runs or just of 1% of the total 24 hour posts here on TVF.

I play with a straight bat ... you, of all people, should know that!

Edited by David48