Uk Visa Requirements For The Spouses Income,Any Changes ?

I know I read a few months back that there was going to be changes with regards to the sponser of the wifes income(meaning me),the general info I have picked up in the past has confirmed that its a safe bet to have £600 clear funds in your account each month,then after three months this would be enough to get the visa granted (passed purely on the income side of things)

Has anyone been given any new information with regarding this issue ?

At present there is no actual minimum income required. MAA4 Maintenance: General requirements

There is no explicit minimum figure for what represents sufficient maintenance. If dependants of the main applicant are going to accompany him / her to the United Kingdom, resources must be available for the whole family unit to be maintained.

The ECO should bear in mind the position taken by the UK Asylum and Immigration Tribunal (UKAIT):

In 2006, the UKAIT in UKAIT 00065 KA and Others (Pakistan), strongly suggested that it would not be appropriate to have immigrant families existing on resources that were less than the Income Support level for a British family of that size.

However, the government are currently considering various changes to the immigration rules, one of which is to introduce a minimum income requirement. Various figures have been suggested, from about £16K p.a. up.

But, the government have not yet decided what the figure will be, let alone whether or not to introduce one.