Uk Settlement Finances

im looking at getting a settlement for my soon to be wife

i have returned to england to start back at work as i normally only work 6 months of the year. i am going to work for the next 2-3 months then i would like to apply for her visa.

so the problem i obviously have is i wont have payslips for 6 months and my bank will show only having a small amount in from the time i was in thailand with her (3 months).

if i put in my wage slips from previous years of my 6 months work and a letter confirming that i now work 12 months of the year and my now yearly income, will this be ok?

id like to have 6 months worth of income and decent bank statements to show but spending 6 months away from my partner is to long.

what does everyone think?

Although, personally, I feel that 6 months evidence of finances and income is best, MAA5 What evidence of maintenance is required? says a minimum of 3 months worth.

Explain your circumstances fully in your sponsor's letter and enclose what evidence of your current finances and income that you have.

If the employment is guaranteed and you can obtain a letter from the employer confirming so and what your income will be, then there is no reason why she should wait for you to have been working for 3 months before applying; she could apply now. MAA10 Assessing adequate means of maintenance

The following list, which is not comprehensive, is intended as a guide to the factors which may need to be considered when assessing means of maintenance:

the sponsor's current or proposed employment;

(my emphasis)

thank you for the reply 7by7

i see it says 3 months on the link yu have given buton the guidance documents it says 6 months? all very confusing

have you known people to still get settlement visa's under these cricumstance?

has anyone else on the board applied in the same manner and been successful?

thank you for the reply 7by7

i see it says 3 months on the link yu have given buton the guidance documents it says 6 months? all very confusing

As it often is, the guidance is confusing. MAA5 says minimum 3 months evidence of finances. The guidance for settlement applications says " up to the previous 6 months ", which isn't actually the same as saying that bank statements for the previous 6 months are required. So, I guess it could be failry easily argued that only 3 months evidence is required ?

Yes, and if memeory serves, yes.

thanks for the replies

im going to work for 3 months to have atleast 3 months of payslips and decent bank statements. also handing in the letter of full time work contract to make sure.

i dont want to put in a half arsed application and get it refused!

A letter from your employer and three months bank statements should be fine as your future financial situation is of more importance than your past. In the sponsor letter perhaps state that "in line with advice from the website I enclose the last three months bank statements but should you require more historic statements please feel free to contact me!"

I very much doubt the "bluff" would be called.

• 2 weeks later...

she has been offered work by a friend to start in august/september, they have said they will give a letter confirming she will get employment.

i can get a letter from my work stating i have employment.

but i wont have all the bank statements required, im still going to work and get some money in the bank but should i wait till i have 3 months of wage slips?

For me I would do what the application says, 3 months payslips then you need 3 months payslips.

You could explain in your covering letter regarding this as some1 said.

Whats 3 months to wait out of the rest of your lifes together??

We have processed applications for clients who have spouses that are unemployed entering the UK seeking work. But each case is judged on its own merits they generally have a lot of savings/assets in the UK.

Other applicants have a job offer in place + third party support.

• 3 weeks later...

im back again! due to this new ruling on visas im thinking about putting in my application now, with p60 from the previous year, wage slips from last few weeks to show i have started back at and a letter from my employer confirming i have all year round work and earn X amount of money.

i dont currently have much money in the bank (£1000+ only being in work for a few weeks) but a friend has offered to pay my flights and the visa fees so nothing will come out of my bank account. also i wont be putting the borrowed money into my account so then they wont be asking where it came from

good or bad idea?