How To Get A Little Extra Out Of A Suzuki Apv Carry 1.6L Engine ?

I was looking at reviews of these electric superchargers, and most seem to say they do very little. With limited budget, your best bet is a free flowing exhaust (1.75" pipe is adequate for a 1.6), header, twin loop muffler (to keep it quiet), either de-cat or get a high flow cat. Leave the intake unless you can get a cold air intake fabricated, then you will risk hydrolock when the roads are badly flooded. I use a washable and oilable K&N filter and have had it for many years. I also modified the airbox myself to increase airflow through it. I don't know if that is the cause, but I get a hard surge in performance from 5K rpm to redline, possibly due to increased air flow.

Does your car already have a 'header' - made of steel, or is it thick and heavy and made of cast iron? If the latter, then the header should definately help. I don;t think a piggyback would be needed with these simple mods, but it might hep with fine tuning.

Some contacts : www.mengheader.com, and do a search on "engineering tech header" - they seem to have some very nice looking headers for various cars.

Also consider some superlight allow wheels, they might help a little. Lenso have some.

Very interresting !, i did read on the header thing, but couldent find any Profesionally made one

I was looking at reviews of these electric superchargers, and most seem to say they do very little. With limited budget, your best bet is a free flowing exhaust (1.75" pipe is adequate for a 1.6), header, twin loop muffler (to keep it quiet), either de-cat or get a high flow cat. Leave the intake unless you can get a cold air intake fabricated, then you will risk hydrolock when the roads are badly flooded. I use a washable and oilable K&N filter and have had it for many years. I also modified the airbox myself to increase airflow through it. I don't know if that is the cause, but I get a hard surge in performance from 5K rpm to redline, possibly due to increased air flow.

Does your car already have a 'header' - made of steel, or is it thick and heavy and made of cast iron? If the latter, then the header should definately help. I don;t think a piggyback would be needed with these simple mods, but it might hep with fine tuning.

Some contacts : www.mengheader.com, and do a search on "engineering tech header" - they seem to have some very nice looking headers for various cars.

Also consider some superlight allow wheels, they might help a little. Lenso have some.

Very interresting !, i did read on the header thing, but couldent find any Profesionally made one

apparently the engineering tech header one is robotically welded...

Quite cool i must thank you !! i talk with the place you suggested me, they offer me 7500 for a 1-4 special performance Header. Installed !

I will go to meet up with them, and see what they can offer me, they seems to be the most proffesional i came across

Jack

Quite cool i must thank you !! i talk with the place you suggested me, they offer me 7500 for a 1-4 special performance Header. Installed !

I will go to meet up with them, and see what they can offer me, they seems to be the most proffesional i came across

Jack

Are you talking about engineering tech header? I think their shop is in Nonthaburi, or it used to be. I think they should also have a sports cat (think their quoted price was about 4000 baht, but might cost more now). Let me know how it works out and if you get a significant performance increase.

lets see.

I think a 1jz would be way tooo big for that Car, but a 4e-FTE out of a toyota Starlet makes 133BHP and you can bump up the boost a bit. I bet you could easily see 120-150FWHP

Found one for 17,000B

http://truck2hand.co...posts&id=151720

I think it will become a too large project to change the engine, the things in this car dont give much alboe room

• 11 years later...