Interesting Doco My Thai Bride, Where Can I See It.

ShanePashen

WOW..I watched it...wonder if it lasted?

Ronnie's 4 th marriage lasted 8 daysclap2.gif .

Really hope that the other guy's marriage lasted and that kept him sabai sabaiwub.png

It didnt last she couldnt get a UK visa as she was already maried to another Farang and not divorced but she then buggered off with a Belgian after first getting 12k out of the UK guy who then had depression.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really hope that the other guy's marriage lasted and that kept him sabai sabaiwub.png

It didnt last she couldnt get a UK visa as she was already maried to another Farang and not divorced but she then buggered off with a Belgian after first getting 12k out of the UK guy who then had depression.

Straight up? Did you see the sequel to this then?

Perhaps there'll be a III, IV, V....this may have more legs than Rocky.

I guess he has forgotten whose name is on that brand new house he has built in the village for he and his wife's family.

I read on TV not long ago that the marriage ended and Mee wound up with the home. Imagine that.

Do you have a link for that information?

Sorry dont have a link but I read about it later, a Google search would probably turn up the info............. ok here http://wikibin.org/articles/lake-palmer.html

• 4 months later...

"On awarding the prize the jury said, “My Thai Bride is a film that takes the story of an unlikely couple and through subtle analysis extends their human dramas into a moving examination of political, cultural and economic power dynamics. It is a film that destabilises its viewer’s empathy through a nuanced and even-handed portrayal of charged, contradictory terrain, and reframes who exactly is the conqueror and conquered.”

What??? It seemed no more than a bar girl conning a gullible foreigner who thought "he could be anything he wanted to be in Isaan". I didn't realize the film maker was taking me through such a range of emotions, but it sounds like **** to me. Sounds like that great lime from Blazing Saddles, "He uses that mouth better than a $20 whore!!"

One day I'm going to make a Thai bride documentary for the successful marriages. It will be dull and normal, but some balance really is needed. Many Thai farang marriages are happy and balanced and the type of relationships that docos tend to show are just for titillation and reinforcing the negativity that Thailand has amongst those that have never been or just go on sexpat tours.

When I first went to the uk with my 'Thai bride' I felt I needed to justify my marriage. Now really, what is up with that!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

@MJJ

Don't worry about what other people think. My wife is from Ubon and we been married since 1994.

If my monthly income was to stop, it would definitely put a strain on out marriage.

There are monthly bills that have to be paid and we do need to eat and drink also. If I was married to

a western woman back in my home country, I'm pretty sure not having a job would be a pretty big

reason for divorce.

I dont think it is just film makers. It seems every other topic on here leads there.

It all revolves around sex... just as most movies are, and sensational news stories. Humans are obsessed with sex and all the interplay that goes on between lovers, and that includes the nasty stuff that goes along with it. The more sensational the better is the theme most magazines and news papers. People were more interested in Bill Clinton and John Kennedy's love affairs than what they actually did while running the USA at the time of their presidency.

• Like 1

Least he's not been fed to the pigs...

My Thai Bride

by David Tucker

Showreal Productions

| 55' | Australia | 2011 | HD |

Ted is a 46 year-old salesman from Wales. He is divorced, feels marginalised by middle age and is tired of life in the ‘nanny state’.Ted is a frequent visitor to Thailand as a result of his job in an import business. He revels in the freedom he finds in a country where everything is for sale at the right price; including the beautiful young women who want to be with him.

Ted meets Tip who is working in the Rooster Bar. She is in her mid thirties, from the northeastern Issan region, the poorest part of Thailand. Like many Issan women, Tip is uneducated and could never earn enough to own her house or educate her child. She hates the thought of her daughter growing up to be involved in prostitution. When she meets Ted, she thinks she has finally found a foreigner who will take care of her and her daughter.Ted returns to the UK, but stays in contact with Tip by telephone. He sends her money so she can give up her bar job and return to her family’s farm in her village, Krasang.

After a few months, at Tip’s request, Ted returns to Thailand and marries her. Ted liquidates his assets in Wales and sinks his money into building a house and piggery on Tip’s family farm. He soon discovers there are many other foreign men who have married and settled in northeast Thailand. For many Issan women, marriage to a foreigner provides a way out of debt and a lifetime of difficult work. In northeast Thailand, marriage to a foreigner has become an industry.

John, an Australian, says that there are about 90 foreigners living within a five-kilometre radius and that new foreigners arrive every week. Larry, an American, built his wife a large, luxurious house in Krasang. Larry believes she does love him, even though she tells him she doesn’t. Grant’s wife Pon says that when she took Grant home to Krasang, her friends and relatives all came over to her house to see the foreigner, because they couldn’t believe she got one.

Within 12 months, Ted’s hopes for a better life have been dashed. His money has disappeared much faster than he expected. Tip and her family don’t seem to want him around the farm anymore. When Ted asks Tip if she loves him, she says: “I can’t eat or drink your love.” Ted leaves the farm destitute and wonders whether it had been a con all along.

Ted rents a room in a nearby town. After surviving on credit for several months, Ted begs Tip to give him some of his money back. But she is only willing to buy him a one-way ticket back to the UK.Economically, Ted and Tip have traded places and Ted has learned what his Thai wife already knew: without money, you lose everything.

My Thai Bride is about the power of money to save and destroy – and the harm that ensues when people are reduced to commodities. While there have been other films about prostitution in Thailand, My Thai Bride explores the lesser known story of the foreign marriage industry and the consequences for the men and women involved.

Said it before an' I'll say it again; this type of shit only happens to guys who don't know their way around women. No sympathy whatsoever. Chump should've known better.

Poor him , nahhhhh !!! How can someone be that stupid and after they all say ( bcz a majority of farang think ) that Thai girls are dumb with no education whistling.gif

I met so many guy's like him in thailand it's just ridiculous....

My first thai gf was working for the goverment and making 15 000 baht a month ... I found quickly that she loved more my $$$$ then me. So he didn't take long for me to say bye bye .... After that I told myself he I have to get a gf in thailand she will have education a good job and $$$. I was not even looking when my future wife pick me up on the beach, one of the first thing i want to know it's what she was doing in life and i couldn't get a better answer then that smile.png

Edited by LburtonL

@MJJ

Don't worry about what other people think. My wife is from Ubon and we been married since 1994.

If my monthly income was to stop, it would definitely put a strain on out marriage.

cheesy.gif

Are you trying to say you're OK with having the matrimonial equivalent of a sword of Damocles dangling above your head??

Forget worrying about what others think, what do you think??!!

• Like 1

I am an Australian and have been married for a year to my thai wife we live in sydney.i met my thai wife through a mutual friend in koh phangan,my wife makes jewellery and had 2 shops in koh phangan both making an average of 200,000 baht each per month because of the popular full moon party bringing all the irresponsible farangs,my wife gave this up to come and live with me in Australia although her sister now runs the shops,my wife now sells jewellery in a market every weekend where she makes really good money and always hands it to me at the end of the day so I can pay all the bills and put money away to save to buy a unit for us,her sister always sends us the jewellery material from thailand whenever we need more stock and we pay her no money to do this,might I say that I am just a blue collar worker and on an average wage,I am 34 and my wife is 32.so there are really good stories to be heard not all thai girls are after a man with money although if you do go looking in the wrong place for a thai girl ie bar good chances are you will end up with the wrong girl,I am tired of hearing all the bad stories about thai girls and never hearing too many good ones that's why I felt I had to post my story

Oh there are many good ones but not many here want to hear it, what many of these people dont know is some of the girls my Wife works with are earning in excess of 300k a month and visiting customers who talk down to them renting 10k a month rooms through them and probably thinking these girls are on 7-8000 a month. Its quite hilarious sometimes.

Seems every "filmmaker" that comes to Thailand is obsessed with bargirls.

History and culture, the filmakers could have an absolute fielday here if they wised up.

1001 stories to be told and they focus on bars, boring as its the same old stories the same fools.

I got a mate who's story is so pathetic it would not make it into the non fiction section.

my wifes father left school at ten to look after his sick mother,washing dishes, he became a chef in dubai and various parts of Europe, sent his children to uni, now thats a story.

my friend was raised in a slum, won several gold medals in the Asian games and does alright now, thats a story and there are many more.

• Like 1

History and culture, the filmakers could have an absolute fielday here if they wised up.

1001 stories to be told and they focus on bars, boring as its the same old stories the same fools.

I got a mate who's story is so pathetic it would not make it into the non fiction section.

my wifes father left school at ten to look after his sick mother,washing dishes, he became a chef in dubai and various parts of Europe, sent his children to uni, now thats a story.

my friend was raised in a slum, won several gold medals in the Asian games and does alright now, thats a story and there are many more.

I personally am fascinated by the Chinese diaspora. I had the chance to visit with a Cambodian friend the village where his family comes from and to follow the family history from sheer poverty to success in Cambodia before the Khmer Rouges, then exile to France, then back to Cambodia.

I wish I could follow like this the history of my wife family. They were Chinese traders who established themselves in Thailand at the beginning of the last century and then progressively integrated the Thai society. But it seems they have no interest in revisiting their family history. What a shame.

Edited by JurgenG

Just watched the Theroux program again. My God, that Blake fella's so desperate it ain't legal. Not surprised though seeing how he lost his rag with the agent during his pre-date preparation.

Did he really expect the first girl to hold his hand after 2 minutes flat?

What a loser

• Like 2

If your Thai girl friend has a tattoo make sure she is never anything more than a casual fling. Thai girls and tattoos are a bad sign, almost always. Possibly good to rent but nothing else.

Why didn't you tell me sooner? My now wife has 2! Only been together nearly 10 years with a son and no problems. What should I do now??

You're facked! Pack bags in the night and run for them thar hills

If your Thai girl friend has a tattoo make sure she is never anything more than a casual fling. Thai girls and tattoos are a bad sign, almost always. Possibly good to rent but nothing else.

Why didn't you tell me sooner? My now wife has 2! Only been together nearly 10 years with a son and no problems. What should I do now??

show her who's the boss. get three tattoos!

Both those stories are deadly dull ...... nobody would want to see them.

What makes a story worthwhile is stuff that is considered unusual in the west, prostitution, elephants, tigers, jungle ..... get the idea?.

Not at all. In fact, there are plenty of "filmmaking" in Thailand that doesn't involve bar girls. Having said that, there is a large number of documentaries out there that highlights prostitution and the endless number of human tragedies that follows in its footstep. Some of them involves Thai girls, others highlight the tragedies when love-seeking westerners are taken to the cleaners.

Human tragedies. Emotional rollercoasters and a view on a world not known to many; give me one reason bar girls wouldn't be on top of the list of topics covered in a documentary? Because you and I already know what "short time" is and what "the family buffalo is sick" means...?