The Premiership Title Is Going To Manchester

OldeBellPedr

This Sunday, 13th May, Is the final day of the English Premiership Season, but will United or City be raising the trophy at 11pm?

Watch the drama unfold at The Olde Bell. The Sunderland v Man Utd game will be on the big screen and the Man City v QPR match will be on the screen above the bar. Both games kick off at 9pm

There'll also be a BBQ - ( come rain or shine: we Brits aren't put off by a bit of rain!!) with Steak and Chicken; Burgers and Sausages; Livers, Fish and Seafood; plus Potato Salad, Crabstick Salad, and Coleslaw. This will cost just 150 Baht or for 250 Baht you get two pints of Chang or 2 bottles of Archa or Cheers in addition to the BBQ. The BBQ will start at 7pm and run until after the football.

A full a la carte menu is also available and Sunday Lunch will be served until 9pm

Before the big games we'll be showing the Spanish Grand Prix from the Curcuit de Catalunya in Barcelona where flag drop is at 7pm. (if there are any delays in the race though, we will be switching to the football at 8.55pm, even if the race hasn't been completed).

It is VERY rare I say this but tonight I wish I wasn't in a small village but in a big town.. I hope you all have a marvelous night with a great BBQ and may the team from Bradford win!!!

Most people's money will be on City given the opposition but its been a strange season, so you never know!!

Thanks for your good wishes!

It is VERY rare I say this but tonight I wish I wasn't in a small village but in a big town.. I hope you all have a marvelous night with a great BBQ and may the team from Bradford win!!!

Most people's money will be on City given the opposition but its been a strange season, so you never know!!

Strange indeed. I lost my money on Manu in their last game against City. Still suffering. crying.gif

Edited by Semper

I was of course so drunk that I didn't realise the games are today!!

Shame you didn't pick up on the Bradford bit as you are obviously in the know...I have gained many a free beer when I insist that Bradford is in Manchester...Indeed my exwife was brought up in Corrie style streets there before they were bulldozed down in the late 60s and early 70s...It is now where City's ground is...

Wow is the only comment after that game. Unbelievable

Yeah, a full season of football, 36 games, and then it comes down the the final minute of extra time.. If it was a movie plot you'd think 'Naaahhh'. ;)

It's interesting by the way that one guy in QPRs coaching team was signalling to his team that they would stay up due to the Bolton result. Why would anyone do that, while their own game is still in progress, why distract them with that news? (I can't raise that sort of question on the BBC / 606 forum, their moderation is more draconian than here which is saying something.)

Yeah, a full season of football, 36 games, and then it comes down the the final minute of extra time.. If it was a movie plot you'd think 'Naaahhh'. wink.png

It's interesting by the way that one guy in QPRs coaching team was signalling to his team that they would stay up due to the Bolton result. Why would anyone do that, while their own game is still in progress, why distract them with that news? (I can't raise that sort of question on the BBC / 606 forum, their moderation is more draconian than here which is saying something.)

Do you think QPR stopped trying once they heard the result and that's why Man City scored two in extra time? wink.png

We'll know when a whole lot of remarkably affordable on-loan players show up in their squad next season, courtesy of Sheikh Mansour. wink.png

But seriously, I don't think it does much good to jolt their brains in the dying minutes of a game when they're really going for it at hanging on for a rare win/draw. Telling them 3 minutes later after finishing the game sounds like a better option.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

We'll know when a whole lot of remarkably affordable on-loan players show up in their squad next season, courtesy of Sheikh Mansour. wink.png

But seriously, I don't think it does much good to jolt their brains in the dying minutes of a game when they're really going for it at hanging on for a rare win/draw. Telling them 3 minutes later after finishing the game sounds like a better option.

Agreed, but the players will pick it up from the fans anyway, the QPR fans would have know through smart phones etc, so this is usually past along to players with their reactions.

Yeah, a full season of football, 36 games, and then it comes down the the final minute of extra time.. If it was a movie plot you'd think 'Naaahhh'. wink.png

In the interest of accuracy it's a 20 team competition so 2 rounds, home and away, 38 games. Manchester United supporters will still remember, in May 1999, they defeated Bayern Munich 3-1 in the old Uefa Champions League competition with, you guessed it, 2 goals in injury time courtesy of Teddy Sheringham and Ole Gunner Solskjaer. Hard to forget when MUTV show the clip over and over and no doubt Man City will do the same.

• Like 1

In the interest of accuracy it's a 20 team competition so 2 rounds, home and away, 38 games. Manchester United supporters will still remember, in May 1999, they defeated Bayern Munich 3-1 in the old Uefa Champions League competition with, you guessed it, 2 goals in injury time courtesy of Teddy Sheringham and Ole Gunner Solskjaer. Hard to forget when MUTV show the clip over and over and no doubt Man City will do the same.

In the interest of accuracy, the Man Utd Vs Bayern game finished 2-1 wink.png