Gin & Tonic

ysamui

post-80398-0-94254900-1336852653.jpg Tonic Water is as scarce as hens teeth in Koh Samui. Is this the same throughout Thailand?

Not only are the sales of Gin down 90% over the last 5 months.

More importantly, I am being deprived of enjoying one of my favourite drinks.

Does anyone know the real reason for these constant stock shortages of Tonic Water that we are experiencing?

Attached Thumbnails

• post-80398-0-73426700-1336852247.jpg
  • post-80398-0-32937300-1336852333.jpg

I a bit partial to an occassional G n T.

But only when the weather is hot, and the duty free that I bought coming back into Australia was a bottle of Bundy Rum post-104736-0-07882500-1336857516_thumb.jpg

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

The supply of Schweppes went wrong during the floods and took a long time to re-establish itself. As far as I know there is only one factory and so I suppose if there are any problems with it all production grinds to a halt.

No current shortage of Schweppes in Pattaya though so maybe it's just a Koh Samui distribution problem.

The supply of Schweppes went wrong during the floods and took a long time to re-establish itself. As far as I know there is only one factory and so I suppose if there are any problems with it all production grinds to a halt.

No current shortage of Schweppes in Pattaya though so maybe it's just a Koh Samui distribution problem.

It has been in and out of stock for 5 months here in Samui. I was told that it had something to do with a supply problem with the cans??

I think Samui is one of the last drop off points due to the additional cost involved in shipping it across the water. The profit is higher for Schweppes to sell the limited amount of product closer to their distribution and factory sites.

Plentiful in Chiang Mai at the moment.

My local Macro store DID run out 2 weeks ago, but have plenty again now

Unfortunately, it is a bit out of the way to get there :)

It has been in and out of stock for 5 months here in Samui.

You chose to live in Samui not us.

When in Rome......

You could drive to Surat Thani and see if there is any there or contact the agent or...

Edit: Go to the best hotel on Samui. Go to the bar order a gin and tonic. While sipping it ask if you can talk to the F&B manager. Ask him/her where he/she buys his tonic because it is your favorite drink and you can find any on the island.

Where's the slap myself on the side of the head emoticon? Some people should not leave home.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

That is a very helpful comment for someone living in Samui wink.png

Aaheem....he asked if anyone else had problems getting it in other parts of THAILAND

Couldn't find it in Ubon tesco, Korat tesco, Kanchanuri tesco - they all had a place for it on the shelf - had more luck buyin limited amounts @ smaller alcohol shops near major hotels

It is in scarce supply at times in Patong. Have found it in some Family Marts. One day there were a few cans at teh Big One, then wham, sold out. 7-11, Big C didn't have it.

I note the scarcity in Samui. This suggests to me this region is suffering a shortage and I dare say selective discrimination. :P

Why is it Beefeater is difficult to find, Tanqueray is available at the airport and some shps, and the lacklustre Gordon's is all around?

The worst is that horrible Geneva Gin or Saphire Blue bottle poison.

Aaheem....he asked if anyone else had problems getting it in other parts of THAILAND

Aaheem.. goof.gif Note to self: read all of a post before even trying to suggest that another TV member is being anything less than helpful ! sorry.gif

It has been in and out of stock for 5 months here in Samui.

You chose to live in Samui not us.

When in Rome......

You could drive to Surat Thani and see if there is any there or contact the agent or...

Edit: Go to the best hotel on Samui. Go to the bar order a gin and tonic. While sipping it ask if you can talk to the F&B manager. Ask him/her where he/she buys his tonic because it is your favorite drink and you can find any on the island.

Where's the slap myself on the side of the head emoticon? Some people should not leave home.

cheesy.gif

• Like 1