A Place To Rent A Bycle From In Bangkok

Spark8

Guys, I would be so grateful if you could share the details of a place where you can rent a bycle from in Bangkok. We have looked on google, but have not found anything. We are in the Rama 4/Queen Sirikit area.

Thank you and have a nice day!

in effect I never knew about this service offered in Bangkok.

I guess the affordable price for a simple bicycle discourage the renting.

I bought an years ago a simple bicycle for 1300 Baht at Tesco Lotus In Rama4.

Actually there is a boom of fancy road bicycle shop around Bangkok maybe some of them can offer this service.

Anyway I hope some expert could give to you a better answer.

Have a good ridewink.png

I have no idea why you'd want to do that in Bangkok, unless you have suicidal tendencies, and the correct word is "bicycle" or "bike".

In a word, don't even think about it. A motorbike is dangerous enough here, but riding a bicycle on these crazy streets is just asking to be hospitalized or killed - apart from which, you'll be breathing toxic fumes all the time, which more than counteracts the possible health benefits from exercise. The only bike you should be riding in Bangkok is inside the air-conditioned gym.

If you are just looking to ride in say a park then I know you can rent them at Queen Sirikit Park with is right next to Chatuchak Park but much bigger and naturey.

One of them offers a tour around Phra Pra Daeng, the greener bit of Bangkok that the river bends around. Someone had a blog on it if you search. Can't recall the name, may have been just 'Cycling in Bangkok'.

If you enjoy biking you may want to take a day and go out to the Ancient City. You can rent a bike and ride through the park. Its really worth it and one of the best attractions in and around BK to be sure.

Koh Kret, the island in the river opposite Nonthaburi is a nice ride, and they rent bikes. Also, pretty sure you could find someone renting bikes around Banglampoo/Khao San Rd.area. As someone pointed out, you're much better of riding somewhere a bit quieter than Bangkok streets, like a park, or other open space. If the traffic doesn't get you, the pollution will...

There are actually a couple of places in parks, as mentioned at Benjakiti Park (next to Sirikit center) park on Ratchadaphisek just south of Sukhumvit/Asoke. The bikes are pretty funky, but nice enough for a pleasant ride. The track there is 2km around the lake. You can't take the bikes out of the park, tho . . . Lumphini has a similar setup, I believe. I think there's a place right outside Lumphini where you can rent cheap bikes to go anywhere you want, and I used to have a link to the place, but can't find it now. There are also numerous bike tour companies all around town who will rent bikes individually. =&search[destinations_id_is]=12&search[tour_styles_id_is]=&duration_group=&search[duration_numeric_lte]=&search[duration_numeric_eq]=&search[duration_numeric_gte]="]Spice Roads, near BTS Phrom Phong, rents mountain bikes for ฿500/day and road bikes for &1000/day, at least they did last year. Some of the urban tours a lot of these businesses have are a lot of fun, and you can learn about the city from joining them.

The poster who said cycling in Bkk is dangerous is, of course, right . . . maybe more true than in San Francisco, but I'd say just avoid the big roads. Especially on the Thonburi side it's pretty comfortable. And the drivers are actually used to watching for all sorts of weird human-powered traffic in the left lane. I've been urban biking here for years and--probably because of being extra careful--haven't had any problems at all. Find the less-traveled roads, and it's enchanting.

The "Ancient City" ("Meuang Boran") is out in Samut Prakan, a ฿160+taxi ride from Bearing, the last BTS station on the Sukhumvit line. I once cycled out there, but the traffic is definitely funky through certain areas there. When you get there, it's a little pricey for a farang to go in (฿400), but the price of bike rental is included. Very pleasant, quiet, flat riding there, and a lot of things to see, especially if you're interested in history. Lots of food and drink stalls along the way.

Dont even Think ABOUT IT!, Its so scary & dangerous, that if you even hear a bycle bell, thats it, game over!!

Dont risk it, seriously, its scary & dangerous & Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.........

Try bikezone.com theyre in amarin plaza ploen chit.

they may not have anything available but the staff are helpful and will almost certainly be able to offer better advice than i.

the fear.....blink.png