Canadian Temp. Resident Visa For Thai National (Male)

I am not sure if there is already a thread running on this topic....I did a search but didn't see the info I am loolking for.

I am helping a friend who is back in Canada with her boyfriend's visa application.

With regards to the 'proof of financial support' does she need to show her own bank statement or deposit money into his Thai bank account?

We have all of the other docs completed. House Registration, Letter from Employer, Temporary resisdent forms, School certificate, Invitation Letter, etc., but does anyone know if correspondence, such as emails, are helpful or necessary to include with the application......

Many thanks in advance for any advice...

Depositing money into his account wouldn't be beneficial. It must be in his account for 90 days (i think it's 90) before the application, and it's very likely they would ask where the money came from. (A family member of mine applied for this visa and he had a deposit of 19000 baht in his account from an art piece he sold - coincidentally to someone else in canada - and he had to get a signed statement from that person that this was the actual case). He can say that she is sponsoring the whole trip and she can show her bank statement for proof.

Proof of correspondance isn't necessary, but I do think (in my experience) making the application more personal helps. In the invitation letter, perhaps she can say that they have been together for x number of years and she has emails, phone bills, etc if they want to see it (they probably won't). They should clearly explain that this is only for a visit, and he has many many reasons to come back to Thailand (list what they are) and that if he should wish to immigrate, she would be willing to sponsor him, or something to that effect. I think the biggest reason these applications get turned down is that the "ties to home country are not strong enough". But if they know he does have the option of legally immigrating to Canada *should he want to* they may be easier convinced.

Hope this helps and I wish them luck!!

Oh, I want to add also - tell them to make sure all documents, etc are legit. If the letter from his employer is not actually his employer - be sure their stories coincide, because they will check. They may also ask for things like pay stubs, etc.

Proof of financial support should be from the one he is going to visit...and is the financial guarantor. As Sunspun says, the main reason to decline is that he wouldnt have enough reasons to go back home [in their eyes] make sure they spell out he has!

As mentioned above, the invitation letter and your proof of employment and funds are very important but even more important are his ties to Thailand.

What the people at immigration will be looking for will be the odds of him returning to Thailand and not dissappearing in Canada. So he will need to show a letter of employment, money and any properties he may own.

Correspondance between the two isnt required but do explain the history between them in the letter ofn invitation, how long they have known each other as well as full itinerary. If possible have a letter also from someone else (in Canada) that knows them.

Good Luck, the lady that handles visas at teh embassy in BKK is infamous.

• Like 1