THAI Reports Over 3 Billion Baht Profit In Q1

webfact

I'm not saying Thai use old aircraft but the last time I flew with them they put me next to the tail gunner.

That's because you're a tight-ass. My last Thai flight was on a B777, HS-TJT, which is only 5 years old, then B777, HS-TJW which is younger, and an A330 HS-TBA, delivered in November 2011.

For the record, the average age of Thai Airways fleet is 12.2 years. Compared with American Airlines (15.1), British Airways (12.9) and Qantas (10.9), I'd say Thai Airways is in pretty good shape.

I'm not saying Thai use old aircraft but the last time I flew with them they put me next to the tail gunner.

That's because you're a tight-ass. My last Thai flight was on a B777, HS-TJT, which is only 5 years old, then B777, HS-TJW which is younger, and an A330 HS-TBA, delivered in November 2011.

For the record, the average age of Thai Airways fleet is 12.2 years. Compared with American Airlines (15.1), British Airways (12.9) and Qantas (10.9), I'd say Thai Airways is in pretty good shape.

Well who would have thought with an avtar like that and quotes like that you were a spotter! As a pilot of 25 years I find it incredible that you take...and quote the tail numbers of the aircraft. It doesn't matter how old the aircraft are if you put them in a 20 year old fit! The aircraft fit is crap unless you are in business or first.

Edited by GentlemanJim

That's because you're a tight-ass.

How'd you figure that out? Last time I checked Thai ( or come to think of it any other airline in existence ) didn't offer the option to select what type and age of aircraft you flew on when you booked your ticket. Maybe you can enlighten me as to how to apply for the tight arse option where I receive a discount for ticking the box which offers me a discount for being willing to fly on an old clunker. biggrin.png

Edited by mca

It's only 120m so I am not doubting it. My experience of flying with them this last quarter is that their planes have been basically full and their prices have always been the 2nd cheapest options for where I am flying so I am going with them. These have all been short haul jumps around the region.

Lots of tail gunners among the TG cabin crew. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Payboy

http://www.asianavia...re-new-aircraft

Thai Airways International’s board has approved a fleet modernisation programme that will see the airline buy 15 new aircraft and lease 22 more up to 2017. The airline will order: six Boeing 777-300ERs, for delivery from May 2014 through to September 2015; four Airbus A350-900s, for delivery from the second quarter of 2016 through to the third quarter of 2017 and five single-aisle A320-200s for delivery in 2014 and 2015.

21st Jul 2011

Better start squirrelling away the cash then hadn't they

Edited by tombkk
: Font size

Lots of tail gunners among the TG cabin crew. rolleyes.gif

You! Boy! Stop sniggering at the back there!biggrin.png

• Like 1

They will get my business when they start offering competitive fares. Otherwise I will stick with the carriers who offer a good price with a 'good enough' service.

I fly regularly LAX-BKK-LAX non-stop and I pay a discounted price on their website. Just have to pick and choose the day of travel. Would not take another route if it was half the price. I have before this flight started and it is not worth it to me.

They will get my business when they start offering competitive fares. Otherwise I will stick with the carriers who offer a good price with a 'good enough' service.

I fly regularly LAX-BKK-LAX non-stop and I pay a discounted price on their website. Just have to pick and choose the day of travel. Would not take another route if it was half the price. I have before this flight started and it is not worth it to me.

I think you have taken your last such non stop flight. It now stops in South Korea and uses a different type of aircraft.

TH

Well they will have some expensive A380s to pay for soon. Try and cook the books, pay for them AND make a profit?

Well, that is the issue. They reportedly have a lot of planes coming into the fleet in the next 2 or 3 years. Forget populist policies, that is going to need some serious wonga.

I think you have taken your last such non stop flight. It now stops in South Korea and uses a different type of aircraft.

TH

No kidding ... I just cancelled my bookings on Thai and rebooked on EVA because of Thai's new lousy (for me) departure and arrival times for that LAX flight. This is not to mention no more non-stops to USA.

When they cancelled the non-stop flight to NYC I bit the bullet and flew the non-stop to LAX. Now they've stopped that one too :(

TH

Incentive to look for a new airline. Asiana also stops in Korea, is cheaper and is part of the Star Alliance.

TH

Incentive to look for a new airline. Asiana also stops in Korea, is cheaper and is part of the Star Alliance.

I just heard that Eva Air will become part of Star Alliance soon, too.