Phuket Hospitals And Hernia Operation

bubblegum

I hope to get some real info because I'm hurting like hell. I'm sure it's another hernia ( most likely) in my neck.

I have seen in the general health and body forum discussions bout prices but that was not in Phuket. Since I cannot move from Phuket, health wise I need only info on Phuket.

I know International and Bangkok hospital are good but very expensive, how about mission and the other ( Vising or somethink like that) ?

Please post no BS because like I said I hurt and I have had very bad expierence before ( hospital infection, causing diablility).

Tnx

I really can't recommend any where in Phuket for what you're looking for and I know the hospitals there fairly well, it might be that Bangkok is your better option. I suggest if you don't get the answers you're looking for here that you PM the moderator Sheryl who is a wealth of knowledge on such things, there's no doubt she will be able to guide you. BTW, if you decided to seek treatment for this in Chiang Mai I can definitely help you, not only would it be cheaper than Phuket but the standards are also much higher. Good luck.

Mission if they do it would be OK and is generally cheaper than PIH or BPH. Vichira is a government hospital and unless you really have no money I wouldn't recommend any government hospital in Thailand.

I don't know if Queen Sirikit Navy hospital is considered a "government" hospital but I recommend it highly. my 3 day 2 night stay to remove malignant tumors from my Bladder cost me B30,000 vs Bumragrad 5 years earlier cost me over B200,000 for the same thing. Dr. that operated also works at Bangkok Pattaya.

• Like 1

unless you really have no money I wouldn't recommend any government hospital in Thailand.

You perhaps ought to understand government hospitals a little better before you say that, we have two in this region that are excellent, one of them is closely linked to the univeristy medical faculty and I rate it highly. There's no marble statues nor fountains in the lobby but they are good.

Don't hold back on something like that. Bangkok Hospital may be more expensive but it is well worth it (prices are not that unreasonable anyway). I spent about 30 hours there in October 2011 (didn't charge me extra for the extra 6 hours), I had to go there daily for physical therapy for 30 days, I've gone to the eye clinic, the dental clinic, and the internal medicine dept. They are a very professional hospital. The hospital is clean, care is top notch, very modern establishment. BNH Hospital in Bangkok is the only hospital I'd choose above Bangkok Hospital (spent time in both, BNH is like no other I've seen).

Don't hold back on something like that. Bangkok Hospital may be more expensive but it is well worth it (prices are not that unreasonable anyway). I spent about 30 hours there in October 2011 (didn't charge me extra for the extra 6 hours), I had to go there daily for physical therapy for 30 days, I've gone to the eye clinic, the dental clinic, and the internal medicine dept. They are a very professional hospital. The hospital is clean, care is top notch, very modern establishment. BNH Hospital in Bangkok is the only hospital I'd choose above Bangkok Hospital (spent time in both, BNH is like no other I've seen).

My experience is very different from yours, I would not trust Bangkok Puket with much of anything and I've had an operation there, used their dentists, ENT, eye clinic and physical therapy.

The famed Dr who runs their eye clinic gave me the big sell on a cataract operation but stopped in his tracks when I told him I take Plavis (anticoagulant), a susbesequent examination an eye hospital confirmed I didn't have catacts.

ENT diagnosed a sore throat instead of tumors on the thyroid and couldn't read the MRI that I had to demand. A receptionist took my blood sample and there was blood everywhere, on my arm, on the floor and on her - my hand immediately swelled up and turned black and ice packs were called for! The dentist there, and this was about four years ago, failed to tell me I had a serious cavity during a cleaning, she was too scared to speak to farang patients and the tooth needed a crown nine months later, I note that she has improved her communications skills subsequently although they still use students to do root canals and hand the patient a business card of their professor to atest to their knowledge!

i had a hernia Op done at Phuket Int ..first class all the way and cheap ....

Different type though right?

unless you really have no money I wouldn't recommend any government hospital in Thailand.

You perhaps ought to understand government hospitals a little better before you say that, we have two in this region that are excellent, one of them is closely linked to the university medical faculty and I rate it highly. There's no marble statues nor fountains in the lobby but they are good.

I think I understand them. I have had surgery at one, and now I work at a private hospital. I agree government hospitals are fine for certain things. No sense in paying more if there is no added benefit, but for something not minor, best to go to private even if it's just for the higher percentage of English speaking staff.

i had a hernia Op done at Phuket Int ..first class all the way and cheap ....

Oddly, I had a hemhoroid operation there some years ago and also thought it was great but for diagnostics, not so.

really i paid less than 60k for my op incl three days in private room in the new wing .... did you see Dr Toranis ? he is a good man IMO

What year was that cdmtdm? I had my op at BPH six years ago (I think) and the all in price including four days in a private room was 35k. But the bonus was that my op served as a demo for around twenty student nurses who stood at the back of the operating theatre whilst the good doctor carved away at my bum, I have never been so embaressed in my entire life, fortunately the spinal block and the woozy gas made me not care too much after a while!