Regents Residences

The Regent thread on Skyscrapercity website has been deleted.

The discussion followed the projects progress from the piles going in 2003, to the shutdown to 2008, to the recent banking discussions in 2010, to the rumors of a restart.... then deleted.

Will the original buyers (in 2003) get compensation?

It is probably not deleted, just moved. The site is a bit confusing.

"Will the original buyers (in 2003) get compensation?".......my guess is NEVER!

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i got an email from the grande asset people yesterday saying the project will resume construction on june 2012 with a target completion date of end of 2013. this is the first time i got an email from this company since it was restructured. after so many years of false starts, it looks like this time it is for real. i really do hope so. its been 5 years of hanging onto this project. i asked them one question. will they honour the existing contract financial terms and conditions? the answer is yes. they also said they will send me a revised contract next week since the floor number has changed. i bot the 16th floor now it has been moved to 26th floor. will advise any update next week. fingers crossed here. i would also assume other existing buyers have also received the same emails by now. please let me know if that is the case as well. thanks.

i got an email from the grande asset people yesterday saying the project will resume construction on june 2012 with a target completion date of end of 2013. this is the first time i got an email from this company since it was restructured. after so many years of false starts, it looks like this time it is for real. i really do hope so. its been 5 years of hanging onto this project. i asked them one question. will they honour the existing contract financial terms and conditions? the answer is yes. they also said they will send me a revised contract next week since the floor number has changed. i bot the 16th floor now it has been moved to 26th floor. will advise any update next week. fingers crossed here. i would also assume other existing buyers have also received the same emails by now. please let me know if that is the case as well. thanks.

Wow! That's great new for a lot of people.

• 2 weeks later...

did they send a revised contract as promised? it looks like they are finishing up constructing a sales office (at the mouth of Sukhumvit Soi 13)

did they mention if the hotel in front will be managed by an international brand?

i have not received anything last week. i did not ask about the holel in front. i will chase them this week and ask your question. has anyone (owner) else received anything? just want to make sure that i am not the only one.!!!!!!!!!!

I saw this past weekend that they are continuing to work on (what appears to be) a sales showroom (at the mouth of Sukhumvit 13)..please post any updates on status as many as interested...thanks!

There is an interview with the GA chief exec in todays post in which he briefly discusses their projects. In it he describes the soi 13 project as a mixed use scheme incl condos, shopping and a FOUR star hotel, somewhat different , it seems, from the original plan of a five star hotel by Regent. There is also an hilarious line referring to their abandoned Crown Plaza hotel project on soi 27 (which has been an empty, ugly shell for years) as awaiting "decoration"! On the positive side though, it does sound like they are getting ready to re-launch the soi 13 project and this is the start of the marketing build up.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed. Posting in all capitals or in all bold, and using large or unusual fonts and colors is bad netiquette.

Yes long suffering owners will be pleased to know that the new showroom is steadily being built. They have moved the perimeter fence out by 1 metre on Sukhumvit .

That whole area is going to be cleaned right up with the regent finishing , the sofitel is nearly done and t21 is complete and soi 13 will recieve a much needed facelift. there is also another condo being built next to trendy but its going to be expensive if you look at their floor price.

There is an interview with the GA chief exec in todays post in which he briefly discusses their projects. In it he describes the soi 13 project as a mixed use scheme incl condos, shopping and a FOUR star hotel, somewhat different , it seems, from the original plan of a five star hotel by Regent. There is also an hilarious line referring to their abandoned Crown Plaza hotel project on soi 27 (which has been an empty, ugly shell for years) as awaiting "decoration"! On the positive side though, it does sound like they are getting ready to re-launch the soi 13 project and this is the start of the marketing build up.

would be great to know what 4 star hotel will come in (to replace the 5 star Regent Hotel).....Im rooting for something like the very nice Courtyard by Marriott (at the Rajadamri area)

I am also pleased to hear that this project will have a 30,000 sq meter retail zone (as reported in the Bangkok Post this morning)

The Sofitel Sukhumvit nearby is soft opening late this month/next month.....this corner of Sukhumvit will be nice shortly...

[now only if Miami Hotel would spend alittle money and paint its walls or something]

would be great to know what 4 star hotel will come in (to replace the 5 star Regent Hotel).....Im rooting for something like the very nice Courtyard by Marriott (at the Rajadamri area)

I am also pleased to hear that this project will have a 30,000 sq meter retail zone (as reported in the Bangkok Post this morning)

The Sofitel Sukhumvit nearby is soft opening late this month/next month.....this corner of Sukhumvit will be nice shortly...

[now only if Miami Hotel would spend alittle money and paint its walls or something]

The Miami doesn't need to spend a dime unfortunatey, Its becoming a very expensive piece of real estate just sitting there as that corner gets an enormous amount of walk by traffic already.

what page of the Bangkok post? I will look it up

what page of the Bangkok post? I will look it up

not sure which page as i read it online.

• 2 weeks later...

i have not received anything last week. i did not ask about the holel in front. i will chase them this week and ask your question. has anyone (owner) else received anything? just want to make sure that i am not the only one.!!!!!!!!!!

Hi avocados...its Feb 20th now....did they finally send another contract or give any further info...or is it just smoke & mirrors?

they told they are late and will get it out over the next few weeks. you can also contact the following people for info

Kanok Sriruttanachanchai at [email protected] or

[email protected]

kanok sriruttanachanchai|กนก ศรีรัตนชาญชัย|customer service manager | grande asset hotels & property plc.

tel. (662) 204 9900-1 | direct (662) 204 9928 | fax. (662) 204 9999 | http://www.grandeasset.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it is now called the "Hyde Sukhumvit" billed as a high end condominium. I am guessing its a 4 star condo instead of the 5 star Regent. it still better than nothing.

would it also be Hyde Hotel? (before it was Regent Hotel & Residences)

Im rooting for something like the very nice Courtyard by Marriott (at the Rajadamri area)

Given the Marriott approach to due diligence and selecting partners, I would think they would be unlikely to do a deal with Grande Asset. In the past their main partner was MINOR which has since changed and now includes several major families/developers.

But I don't think that unless it was on a platter, that they would go for this development in this area.

The completion of the regent would make the area from Nana bts to Asoke bts upmarket including the elimination of overcrowded st stalls and the vermin that gather in the soi 13 after dark selling crack cocaine

Why should on assume that this project will necessarily eliminate the pavement stalls or the dealers?

The completion of the regent would make the area from Nana bts to Asoke bts upmarket including the elimination of overcrowded st stalls and the vermin that gather in the soi 13 after dark selling crack cocaine

Why should on assume that this project will necessarily eliminate the pavement stalls or the dealers?

the pavement market stalls will likely be moved out if a quality international hotel brand comes into the ex-Regent Hotel project....(have no idea about elusive dealers)

for example, just watch what happens to the pavement stalls at next door luxury Sofitel Sukhumvit Hotel as it soft opens next month...

the pavement market stalls will likely be moved out if a quality international hotel brand comes into the ex-Regent Hotel project....(have no idea about elusive dealers)

for example, just watch what happens to the pavement stalls at next door luxury Sofitel Sukhumvit Hotel as it soft opens next month...

But who does the clearing out and under what authority? Is the answer the police, without legal authority but with financial incentive from the owners of these new buildings?

99%+ of street vendors are illegal, they are allowed to operate because they pay; either to the BMA or to the police or, likely,both. But even in this chaos, there is some order and, as the owner of property, you are given a say in what happens on the pavement in front of your property. I am sure GA will find a way (officially or unofficially) to have them removed when the the time comes.

As far as i can tell they have now been shifted completely from infront of the Sofitel . I have not seen a vendor there for weeks. I agree with others who have made this point; the whole look of this part of Sukhumvit from, Soi 11 to Robinson, is going to change for the better once both these projects are fully up and running.

Im rooting for something like the very nice Courtyard by Marriott (at the Rajadamri area)

Given the Marriott approach to due diligence and selecting partners, I would think they would be unlikely to do a deal with Grande Asset. In the past their main partner was MINOR which has since changed and now includes several major families/developers.

But I don't think that unless it was on a platter, that they would go for this development in this area.

Sadly this is very true. From what i hear, GA,s reputation as a potential hotel partner is not great, particularly since the halting of the mooted Crowne Plaza on sukhumvit 27. They do have a couple of partnerships with Starwood , the Westin Bangkok and the Sheraton in Hua Hin so maybe something from that stable, hard to think what though.

Sadly this is very true. From what i hear, GA,s reputation as a potential hotel partner is not great, particularly since the halting of the mooted Crowne Plaza on sukhumvit 27. They do have a couple of partnerships with Starwood , the Westin Bangkok and the Sheraton in Hua Hin so maybe something from that stable, hard to think what though.

ok...but I doubt Starwood would agree to a Sheraton, Westin, FourPoints or aLoft, as there are existing ones too close by..... Element by Westin doesnt seem to fit this profile either...

perhaps a Holiday Inn Express (from InterCon group)?

Edited by trajan

Im at the trendy and there are no stalls , I cant think of any residence that is jammed full of stalls on their frontage. Sofitel stalls are gone completely

I understand all the street vendor stalls in front of the new Sofitel Hotel Sukhumvit are gone....

are the street vendor stalls in front of the ex-Regent Hotel (now that it is finally under construction again) gone too??