What Has Gone Up In Price?

Soi Sauce

Since I have been in Thailand, the price of the British pound has increased and everything else has become cheaper.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Edited by brit1984

Today I bought a kilo of fish food (my daughter likes to feed the fish in the lake near my house). Last week 15 baht, this week 19 baht.

Last time we got some my wife bought it, today I went and got it. Maybe I just paid a 4 baht farang premium!?...ermm.gif

Large bottle of Red Horse beer at Family Mart. 1 week ago, 40 baht (same price for over 1 year since I started drinking it), 3 days ago the price was raised to 43 baht, last night back down to 41 baht again... Obviously sales were suffering after that 3 baht rise...

We went to the Elephant Camp in Mai Sa yesterday, something we like to do a couple of times a year, last time we went a few months back the entrance fee was 150 baht, yesterday it was 200 baht.

If you want to talkabout the past few years...bread 24-37....Tesco tuna 19.5-28..rice, pork, chicken..just about everything...its called inflation!!!

It's called inflation as a result primarily of unregulated speculative trading of commodities.. People will die as rich bankers in London and New York squeeze the poor. I really don't know how these aholes sleep at night.

Edited by losworld

I sometimes buy ice cream cones at McDonalds here in LA and the price has went from 50 cents two years ago to 70 cents last year to one dollar now. A result of helicopter Ben's insane printing and unregulated trading. The former to save Wall Street's arse and the latter to pad their arse.

Large bottle of Red Horse beer at Family Mart. 1 week ago, 40 baht (same price for over 1 year since I started drinking it), 3 days ago the price was raised to 43 baht, last night back down to 41 baht again... Obviously sales were suffering after that 3 baht rise...

Probably more to do with the taste than the price. :lol:

just about everything has gone up a few baht

check all the chain restaurants, items in lotus, big c, 7/11

even the street vendors mostly went up at least 5 baht per plate

3 moo ping for 21 baht instead of 4 for 20 now...etc.etc...

i have noticed two things that have decreased in price: snickers bar and werther's original @ family mart

I sometimes buy ice cream cones at McDonalds here in LA and the price has went from 50 cents two years ago to 70 cents last year to one dollar now. A result of helicopter Ben's insane printing and unregulated trading. The former to save Wall Street's arse and the latter to pad their arse.

Ice cream cones at MacDonalds in Thailand 9 baht.

If you want to talkabout the past few years...bread 24-37....Tesco tuna 19.5-28..rice, pork, chicken..just about everything...its called inflation!!!

Three years ago the 'special offer 5kg rice' in supermarkets was 99Bht.

This week it was down to 89Bht.

Three years ago I paid 17k for a Samsung 32" full HD Tv, today a higher spec version of the same Tv is 9k.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

The waffle guy on the corner went from 10B to 12B a few months ago...but they other waffle guy around nearby stayed at 10B.

Mango sticky rice went up from 30B to 40B. I asked why..she said the flood makes it difficult to get mangos. I asked her if the price would go down when the floods went down....she ignored me. Price still 40B, but now she doesn't smile at me.

D'Oro Coffee has twice bumped their prices 5 - 10B each time over the last 2 years. Two years ago cappucino was 39B now I think it's 60B.

K. Kitty at Tulips' increased...um..well, forget it.

Bunches of orchids at the local Nonthaburi market were 10 baht about a year ago.Then they jumped up to 15 baht!!! Now,..... unbelievably they are 25 baht a bunch!!!And thats not even falang price!!!

Meanwhile, keeping in our seats...Some yellow buses now 12 baht but red buses went down ages ago from 7 baht to 6.5 baht