Bangkapi To Ratchadapisek

knod

It depends on the time of day, but I would say that it would take at least 30 minutes.

If you don't have to take the motorcycle, you can take ferryboat from behind the Mall Bangkapi to Asok (about 20 minutes) and then take the subway from Petchaburi/Asok to the Thailand Cultural Center.

That's a real pain of a journey, I used to ride Ladprao 101 to Sathorn regularly which took me past the cultural centre (if I went that way) - Ladprao road isn't very nice with all the buses and taxis stopping all the time, then you're dealing with Ratchadapisek.

It's definitely doable in 30 minutes if the traffic and lights are with you.

That's a real pain of a journey, I used to ride Ladprao 101 to Sathorn regularly which took me past the cultural centre (if I went that way) - Ladprao road isn't very nice with all the buses and taxis stopping all the time, then you're dealing with Ratchadapisek.

It's definitely doable in 30 minutes if the traffic and lights are with you.

That's really not the best way to go- better to only take Lad Phrao until you reach the Ram Intra tollway (Padist Manu Tham Road), take a left as there's usually little to no traffic and NO traffic lights on the Padist Manu Tham road that parallels the tollway all the way to the first traffic light which is the junction with Pracha Uthit where you take a right, then left at the first light, right at the T-junction and then follow Thanon Thiam Ruam Mit around to the Thailand Cultural Center.

10.8km, like this:

post-56035-0-50172100-1337147644_thumb.j

• Like 1

Yep that way's quicker for sure, I used to take that left under the tollway when I was riding into town but for someone who's never ridden the route before straight up Ladprao and left onto Ratchada is pretty much impossible to get wrong, if slightly slower.

Yep that way's quicker for sure, I used to take that left under the tollway when I was riding into town but for someone who's never ridden the route before straight up Ladprao and left onto Ratchada is pretty much impossible to get wrong, if slightly slower.

True true! The 10.8km route is quicker and more pleasant, but a bit more complicated. Latprao to Ratchadapisek is a bit miserable, but impossible to get lost :)