Frenchman Attempts Suicide At His East Pattaya Home

Rimmer

Frenchman attempts suicide at his East Pattaya home

PATTAYA:--A 56 year old French Resident ingested weed killer in an attempt to end his own life at his East Pattaya home on Tuesday Night.

A Bangkok Hospital Ambulance and medical team rushed to the house of Mr. Pierre Andre who had recently argued with his wife. Moments earlier he was standing outside his house, and in full view of neighbours ate the hazardous powder, rushed back inside his house and locked the front door. His Thai wife was called and used her key to enter the house and found her husband lying on the sofa in a semi-conscious state.

She revealed how the pair had been together for 20 years but recently Mr. Pierre had been drinking heavily and was constantly reminded about this by his family. It is thought the constant reminders accompanied by the heavy drinking led him to attempt suicide.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/55273/frenchman-attempts-suicide-east-pattaya-home/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-05-16

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Eating weed killer is more of a local's thing than a European thing. Sounds like this man really went native. Anyway, the fact that he did the deed in full public view leads to the conclusion he was crying out for help and didn't really want to die. Hoping he gets good help though not likely in Thailand.

the fact that he did the deed in full public view leads to the conclusion he was crying out for help and didn't really want to die

Exactly. He wanted attention for his nagging family. Can't a man have a few without the family having a go at him? Who is the beadwinner in the family? My guess it's the Frenchman. I hope he will be alright.

Anyway, the fact that he did the deed in full public view leads to the conclusion he was crying out for help and didn't really want to die. Hoping he gets good help though not likely in Thailand.

I'm with you on that one. People who genuinely want to top themselves generally succeed. They don't do it in full view of people that will try and stop them.

When people ingest insecticides, it can happen they seemingly recover after a few days, but die maybe months later, when the poison has reached their organs. Don't know about weed killer.I also tend to believe the French guy didn't really want to die, but he should get a very thorough medical checkup.

I had a stepson suicide some years ago. They do not realise how it affects the remaining family. I feel sorry that this man has decided to go down this path.

He will survive for now but I hope he seeks help before he tries again. Next time he may succeed when he was only trying to gain attention.

the fact that he did the deed in full public view leads to the conclusion he was crying out for help and didn't really want to die

Can't a man have a few without the family having a go at him? Who is the beadwinner in the family? My guess it's the Frenchman. I hope he will be alright.

I think that the family wasn't nagging about a few, but more about a "few".

Being a breadwinner doesn't you allow you to do whatever you like. You have to take care and respect the ones who you are winning the bread for.

Can't a man have a few without the family having a go at him? Who is the beadwinner in the family? My guess it's the Frenchman. I hope he will be alright.

Being a breadwinner doesn't you allow you to do whatever you like. You have to take care and respect the ones who you are winning the bread for.

Great, so getting married and having paid the wife and family for 20 years, means that he can't have a few drinks. <deleted> are you suggesting? That he would need a permission from the family if he want to drink? bah.gif

Seems people aren't reading about "heavy drinking" which was apparently what he was doing before his suicide attempt. Anyone who has lived with a drunkard must know how bad that can get. I read his actions as less than a cry for help and more a way to hurt his wife and make her feel guilty.

There was a video of this chap on TV this morning.

He's my age but I hope I look in better condition than he does. He must have been doing some really heavy drinking for quite a while.

Exactly. He wanted attention for his nagging family. Can't a man have a few without the family having a go at him? Who is the beadwinner in the family? My guess it's the Frenchman. I hope he will be alright.

If he is pissed all the time, what makes you think he is the breadwinner? My ex maid had a GERMAN husband. My current maid has Swiss BF. Says a lot about the foreigners here.

Great, so getting married and having paid the wife and family for 20 years, means that he can't have a few drinks. <deleted> are you suggesting? That he would need a permission from the family if he want to drink? bah.gif

Now you presume he has paid the wife and family for 20 years!!!! Where do these assumptions come from?

Eating weed killer is more of a local's thing than a European thing. Sounds like this man really went native. Anyway, the fact that he did the deed in full public view leads to the conclusion he was crying out for help and didn't really want to die. Hoping he gets good help though not likely in Thailand.

Agree...definitely has gone native...I guess he was all out of toilet cleaner, the preferred Thai girls choice in these matters.

If he was at all serious about this, there are 3-4 shooting ranges in Pattaya he could have used.