Bangkok Party?

raro

Bangkok Party?  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't care about food, beer on tap and being able to smoke is much more important. If I'm not offshore, I'll make the effort to turn up.

Back on the smokes? :o

Last function I remember you crushing mine into a mess on the table. :lol:

I might be coming and I don't drink alcohol, but I don't drive although I do have a car and I am learning so I might need a car park depending on when the party is. On the other hand, I might decide to have some alcohol as a one-off, but then my wife might want to drive although she is pregnant so I don't know whether she will want to drive, or even attend the party, especially if she is in labour, in which case I will not be coming either, probably.

Yes, please don't come if your wife is in labour, or drive if you're still learning to drive. Though kudos to learning in a place like bkk!

I for one am down for a barbecue like setting - foodwise allows for both big eats and big meats as well as small finger snacks, and drinkwise it allows for an early afternoon start with no shame.

Location is no issue for me as I'm far from both Rama IV and Suk.

Yes the BBQ -like setting / finger foods sounds good. I too am miles from Rama IV and Suk so an afternoon start would be good as I'd be one of the first to arrive but probably one of the first to leave as I'm out Bang Sue way where Bangkok turns into Nonthaburi .

Are there any well-respected TV members who run/own a pub? Perhaps something could be worked out there.... *cough* free beer *cough*

I had already sent a PM to Raro before getting through the posts.

I am good to sponsor free flow Heineken and finger food with discount or all night happy hour deep discount on all else - can be an afternoon or evening do.. or even stretch it. Has to be a Saturday / Sunday night.. and yes we do . And picking up on the great suggestion earlier that it should be a charity event is also great.. so what ever discount/ freebies are thrown in we can ask for a donation to the chosen charity. (who wants to run that poll?). and as far as Fancy Dress - we run them on many Saturdays.. this weekend is a Fairies and Angels fancy dress party! Checkinn99 can accommodate 130-140 we have have live music and quiet areas.. so with those who have already responded - we can do. anyone interested before end of June?.

Don't care about food, beer on tap and being able to smoke is much more important. If I'm not offshore, I'll make the effort to turn up.

Back on the smokes? :o

Last function I remember you crushing mine into a mess on the table. :lol:

Aye, back on them...every time I go to work in Angola, I end up starting smoking again! Sorry about your smokes getting destroyed...it is a nasty habit of mine when I am drunk and not smoking!

Seem to remember some earlier venues going back a few years including..Dogs <deleted> (now Royal Oak)Larrys (...gone)Titanium and Crossbar. all not bad however..... when are you thinking about it?

Back in CM at the moment but heading home to Blighty via SP on the Sunday 3rd June . so ideal for me would be Friday night 1st June...anyway whatever...there always the Denny Corner...60BT a beer...will be there anyway...

Tawan Daeng is a nice place, but may not be the best venue for this type of party.

It is super loud and a sit down place. So not so good for walking around and mingling.

Also a place with pool in darts would be nice

Don't let me near the darts! whistling.gif

Edit: Or the pool cues.....

Edited by smokie36

Tawan Daeng is a nice place, but may not be the best venue for this type of party.

It is super loud and a sit down place. So not so good for walking around and mingling.

Also a place with pool in darts would be nice

Don't let me near the darts! whistling.gif

Edit: Or the pool cues.....

kinky ??

Pubs / Restaurants that I've been to good "functions":

- Tenderloins - Soi 33

- Bistro 33 - Soi 33 (a bit far down the soi, but a good venue)

- Check Inn 99 - Suk b/w Soi 5 & 7 - fun night - great band

- Road House - Rama IV/Surawong

- No Idea - Soi 22

- O'Reilly's - Silom, under Sala Daeng BTS

- Dirty Nellies - Ekkami, 200m from Suk

- Club House - Soi 23

- Australia Pub - Soi 11

Pubs / Restaurants that I've been to good "functions":

- O'Reilly's - Silom, under Sala Daeng BTS

- Dirty Nellies - Ekkami, 200m from Suk

- Australia Pub - Soi 11

Didn't know these places were available to hire for functions, either of them would be good venues though if they are bookable.

Well Raro after over 100 replies looks like it might be time to take the bull by the horns(for the BBQ) and say enough is enough and give us a place and date.

I certainly don't envy your job as host and understand that you are spoilt for choice.(or once you start looking-maybe not)

Would there be a cover charge (for the food) as looks like my free drinks won't be forthcoming. Happy to pay if thats the case.

Give us an update when you can.

Cheers, Rae

Someone could sell coupons...

Are you putting your claw/paw/hoof up????

I will not be able to attend...I have a contagious disease.

They even stopped lepers having to carry bells years ago.....though the bell could be a problem if you ring it in a bar....just ask raro.

I think it is the key to maximising attendance and ensuring an authentic "party" atmosphere, without members worrying that any opinions they express (while under the influence) will be used against them in future threads on the TV forum (or elsewhere for that matter).

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Will this party be subject to the Chatham House rule?

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Hm. The Chatham House rule allows you to repeat was what said (only leaving the name of the speaker out). I'd rather suggest that what's said at the party shall not leave the room. whistling.gif

Alright, who's responsibility is this thing? We can't get 50 people all involved and then not actually do it.

I'm too lazy to take initiative, but I'm sure there's someone who's a little more motivated!

I just want to have some beer, 'sall.

Jimbo was last seen running round Lumpini in his Man Yoo shirt. w00t.gif

I am not tempted. Well not much. biggrin.png

Edit: Actually...not at all. coffee1.gif

Edited by smokie36

• 2 months later...