Nato Airstrike Kills 9 Insurgents In Southeastern Afghanistan

News_Editor

NATO airstrike kills 9 insurgents in southeastern Afghanistan < br /> 2012-05-17 11:21:23 GMT+7 (ICT) KABUL, AFGHANISTAN (BNO NEWS) -- Afghan and coalition forces killed nine suspected insurgents in southeastern Afghanistan on early Wednesday while they were observed planting an improvised explosive device (IED), officials said.The NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said a joint Afghan-coalition force was attacked with small arms fire during an operation in the Jaji district of Paktiya province on Wednesday morning. "The insurgents were armed and were observed by partnered forces emplanting an improvised explosive device," ISAF said.The multinational force said it called for an airstrike, killing all observed insurgents in the area. "The forces on the ground confirm nine insurgents were killed. The remains were handed over to local authorities," ISAF said in a brief statement, adding that there were no casualties among Afghan or coalition forces.Wednesday's operation was part of a larger operation launched by Afghan security forces on Monday to destroy Taliban hideouts in the district. Jaji district governor Azad Khan said the operation, with assistance from ISAF, will continue until the area has been cleared from the presence of Taliban. tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-05-17

Again with the "suspected". I'm all for shooting these guys but why does the press always call them "suspected insurgent". "Suspected pirate", etc? Is that because they because nothing has been proved in a court of law? Has the press always been like this during war time? From 1941, "Suspected Japanese fighter pilots attacked Pearl Harbour today..."

• Like 1

Again with the "suspected". I'm all for shooting these guys but why does the press always call them "suspected insurgent". "Suspected pirate", etc? Is that because they because nothing has been proved in a court of law? Has the press always been like this during war time? From 1941, "Suspected Japanese fighter pilots attacked Pearl Harbour today..."

I'm sure that's how it would be reported today. Ugh.

The remains were handed over to local authorities," ISAF said in a brief statement

Presuming there is more than a beard or two in a crater to effect identification there is a good chance the remains will need repatriating to one of sundry states ending in 'stan', or even ironically to the home Countries of the ISAF forces that carried out the raid. Whilst some on the left may claim ISAF actions 'radicalize' locals it is equally possible they were radicalized in a Mosque in the UK by an Imam reciting scripture that hasn't changed in a millennium.

Again with the "suspected". I'm all for shooting these guys but why does the press always call them "suspected insurgent".

It could be the obvious? I mean accuracy has not been synonymous with NATO

Again with the "suspected". I'm all for shooting these guys but why does the press always call them "suspected insurgent".

It could be the obvious? I mean accuracy has not been synonymous with NATO

As opposed to not firing at anyone - sure.

Compared with armed conflicts elsewhere and other armies - maybe not so sure?

Not to sound callous, but there will usually be civilian casualties during an armed conflict.

The opposition isn't any better. In fact, they are actually worse.

Yes, if the USA armed forces weren't there in the first place.....etc etc.

• Like 2

The remains were handed over to local authorities," ISAF said in a brief statement

Presuming there is more than a beard or two in a crater to effect identification there is a good chance the remains will need repatriating to one of sundry states ending in 'stan', or even ironically to the home Countries of the ISAF forces that carried out the raid. Whilst some on the left may claim ISAF actions 'radicalize' locals it is equally possible they were radicalized in a Mosque in the UK by an Imam reciting scripture that hasn't changed in a millennium.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/65124-radical-sect-controls-600-mosques Yeah Dan it is not beyond the realms of possibility's that there are many Taliban fighters who have received their "training"in UK mosques ,whether any of these particular "suspects" who were taken out came from our shores is open to conjecture

Hmm , I do not normally open a Chang until noon ,BUT on reading that bit of good news I think I'll start 30 minutes early ,Cheersthumbsup.gif

you can't afford anything better than Chang to celebrate good news?

http://www.metro.co....ols-600-mosques Yeah Dan it is not beyond the realms of possibility's that there are many Taliban fighters who have received their "training"in UK mosques ,whether any of these particular "suspects" who were taken out came from our shores is open to conjecture

informed sources (who do not wish to be named) claim that quite a number of "suspected insurgents" were "radicalised" by Species 4287 in mosques on a remote planet located in the Delta Quadrant.

• Like 1

Yes, if the USA armed forces weren't there in the first place.....etc etc.

Yes except I would add NATO to that comment

http://infidelsarecool.com/2011/07/jihadis-training-children-as-young-as-5-to-be-suicide-bombers/ In spite of the few mistakes made by US and Nato forces in Afghanistan what ever their faults ,they are far better than the Taliban .
  • Like 1

http://www.metro.co....ols-600-mosques Yeah Dan it is not beyond the realms of possibility's that there are many Taliban fighters who have received their "training"in UK mosques ,whether any of these particular "suspects" who were taken out came from our shores is open to conjecture

informed sources (who do not wish to be named) claim that quite a number of "suspected insurgents" were "radicalised" by Species 4287 in mosques on a remote planet located in the Delta Quadrant.

Not biting!!biggrin.png