Motorcycle Auction - Where?

lovetotravel

I've read a few threads asking where the new location is for this auction. But haven't seen an answer yet. I know it use to be on Thepprasit. But where is it now????

I'd like to buy a second hand scooter. But don't want to pay the big bucks for a new one. I'll also start looking at the ad boards at the local supermarkets.

Thanks.

Used to be one on big c south,but noy seen it advertised for a while

the other one is Collingbourne auction,soi chayapruk 2,about 500 metere on left,open sat i think,but they have a website site mate.Not all that many bikes,nowt like a thai auction,but has other stuff too.

I asked the auctioneer last week and he told me, now is low season and not enough buyer.

So it's not worth the hassle.

They will continue Pattaya auctions when the high season starts.

Maybe around Oct/Nov.

Edited by vel_tins

before you buy from the auction, let me tell you my experience

i bought 5 bikes some 1 year ago, the auction was pretty smooth with no problems, i paid half of the money and took 2 bikes and the rest had to paid the next day.

After payment you contact them, they check the account and let you know where to collect the bikes.

Next day i paid the rest of the money. It so happens that their account is in BKK branch and bank charges 20 baht fee.

Anyhow i paid 75 000 baht, called them and wanted to go get the bikes.

Well i could not do that because it was 20 baht short(the bank fee) You would think after spending 140 000 baht , they would not worry about 20 baht, but the did.

I was tired that day, and decided to hold my ground, spent at least 4 hours on the phone fighting with them(i know i know) but they would not budge nor would they give number of name of a manager.

By the end of 4 hours, i had enough and told them to cancel it, keep the cancellation fee and refund my money immediately,

I was then told that it its not possible and i would need to wait for 6-8 weeks for my moneyblink.png

Anyhow, finally got the manager, who could not believe the shit staff put me through over 20 baht, so i got the bikes.

ONLY NOW THE STORY GETS NASTY.

SO i got the bike and paperwork should be posted 7-14 days.

1 month later still not paperwork, cut it little shorter, after 2 months and lots of calls, screaming and fighting, paperwork arrived.

Now off to re-register the bikes, only to be told that its not possible, because some bikes actually have wrong paperwork, some simply cannot be registered because bike is from another province etc etc etc

OK, back to auction to have them do it, mind you they charge 2500 baht per bike.

There i am told it will take 2 weeks and all be done, i have it in writing from the staff from the auction.

While i am there, another 3-4 farangs have the same problems and going through the same crap.

Again cut the story short, 6 months later i still did not have the green books or rego, so bikes were rusting in the backyard.

Eventually, was forced to take a lawyer and take legal action.

Took 15 000 baht of legal fees and another 6 months to get the papers.

So 1 year, extra 15 000 baht to have it all, only to have bikes look like a pile of rust.

Sorry to be off topic, but thought will warn you of what could happenwai.gif

@phl

which auction company?

S** or U***n

Where have you bought? Patts or BKK?

was in pattaya, do not recall the name now, but they use to be on theaparsit road(building demolished since)

i know they had them in pattaya and also in bkk, company head office is in bkk

1. Agree, motorbike/car auctions are definitely a nogo for Newbies!
  2. If you buy 5 motorbikes, pay them and you will get them the same day without any problems!
  3. You can't transfer ownership in Banglamung, if bike comes from another province! (typical greenhorn mistake)
  4. sometimes the Attitude matters, screaming and fighting won't help in any case....
  5. The rest of your post....about the paperwork...hmm.....no comment whistling.gif

1) Agree, motorbike/car auctions are definitely a nogo for Newbies!

Newbie's should have a good understanding of thai ! Otherwise don't go.

2) f you buy 5 motorbikes, pay them and you will get them the same day without any problems!

Yes. But arrange your own transport. The pickups in bkk will rob you blind. bring your own car from pats; even if you have to rent it.

3) You can't transfer ownership in Banglamung, if bike comes from another province! (typical greenhorn mistake)

uhm? geenhorn? yes, you can have a new green book with the propper paperwork here.

4) sometimes the Attitude matters, screaming and fighting won't help in any case....

Only newbies do that : reasoned people say : what can we do to solve the problem? ( in thai)

EDIT: i live here for a while - but after i callled sophon the third time - they promised everey time : we send a tec - for three days - yesterday tthey said: we will send a tec tommorow, maybe! (their words) i screamed at them , too! *rotlf*

Edited by JakeBKK

1. Agree, motorbike/car auctions are definitely a nogo for Newbies!
  2. If you buy 5 motorbikes, pay them and you will get them the same day without any problems!
  3. You can't transfer ownership in Banglamung, if bike comes from another province! (typical greenhorn mistake)
  4. sometimes the Attitude matters, screaming and fighting won't help in any case....
  5. The rest of your post....about the paperwork...hmm.....no comment whistling.gif

Glad to see you been reading forums and became "seasoned" and in the position to criticize.

I would suggest though to actually have an experience before opening your mouth on how and what should be done.

Yes bikes from another province can not be registered, this is because auction is suppose to change the rego into their name which they do not do.

If it took 6 months for a lawyer to get them to do anything, i have serious doubts you would succeed in achieving anything faster or better, but then being an internet professor is always an option

I am glad though you decided not to have a comment on the paperwork.thumbsup.gif

Edited by phl

Yuck. Doesn't sound good. I do know a few friends who got some great deals at the auction. No problems at all. Guess it's the luck of the draw?

But sounds like it's a no go if there are no auctions. I'm in Chonburi, so don't really want to deal with the hassle of doing this in another province.

Thanks for all the posts.

Agree, but he bought in Pattaya, Thepprasit road.

And if I go to an auction to buy motorbikes, I know before that I need the money in cash and a transportation vehicle.

If I buy more bikes then I can transport, I pay them all and pick them up, whenever I want. Never a problem with this.

Glad to see you been reading forums and became "seasoned" and in the position to criticize.

I would suggest though to actually have an experience before opening your mouth on how and what should be done

I would suggest to better keep your mouth close, instead of offending people, you don't know! ^^ 1.

Yes bikes from another province can not be registered

Not at the DLT Banglamung....

this is because auction is suppose to change the rego into their name which they do not do.

I bought lot of bikes and will even go to an auction later this day.

But I never had the rego done by the auction company. (wasted money)

They can do the transfer of ownership (for additional 1700 Baht), but they will only transfer the book into your name, at the origin province of the bike.

They DON`T transfer the bike/book to Chonburi! You have to do it yourself later. (Or you use an "agent" for 2000+ Baht per bike...)

Even this is not possible at the DLT Banglamung!

But again, this is not "newbie stuff".

You need to know, how it works at the DLT Chonburi, incl. the tea money recipients.

Except, you want to "visit" them many times "because of missing this and that" and you "like" to bring your bikes to Chonburi.

Useless to say, I (and my wife) learned it the hard way.

IF there were problems with the provided documents, it could be always cleared with the auction company, never needed a money burner, sorry lawyer.

But again, sometimes attitude matters ^^

i have serious doubts you would succeed in achieving anything faster or better, but then being an internet professor is always an option

Again, see 1., no arguments, but offending people.^^ Boring coffee1.gif

But be sure, I would, believe me...wink.png

PS: I personally find the auction companies (even the one PHL bought from), one of the most professional businesses, I dealt with, here in TH.

Edited by Rimmer

[

PS: I personally find the auction companies (even the one PHL bought from), one of the most professional businesses, I dealt with, here in TH.

IN other words you do not have a clue at all, do some research on thai visa and other pattaya forums and see how professional they are and have been.

i guess selling stolen bikes falls into YOUR category of being professional alsowhistling.gif

i bought 5 bikes some 1 year ago, the auction was pretty smooth with no problems, i paid half of the money and took 2 bikes and the rest had to paid the next day.

After payment you contact them, they check the account and let you know where to collect the bikes.

Next day i paid the rest of the money. It so happens that their account is in BKK branch and bank charges 20 baht fee.

Well i could not do that because it was 20 baht short(the bank fee) You would think after spending 140 000 baht , they would not worry about 20 baht, but the did.

I was tired that day, and decided to hold my ground, spent at least 4 hours on the phone fighting with them(i know i know) but they would not budge nor would they give number of name of a manager.

By the end of 4 hours, i had enough and told them to cancel it, keep the cancellation fee and refund my money immediately,

I was then told that it its not possible and i would need to wait for 6-8 weeks for my moneyblink.png

Anyhow, finally got the manager, who could not believe the shit staff put me through over 20 baht, so i got the bikes.

1 month later still not paperwork, cut it little shorter, after 2 months and lots of calls, screaming and fighting, paperwork arrived.

Now off to re-register the bikes, only to be told that its not possible, because some bikes actually have wrong paperwork, some simply cannot be registered because bike is from another province etc etc etc

OK, back to auction to have them do it, mind you they charge 2500 baht per bike.

There i am told it will take 2 weeks and all be done, i have it in writing from the staff from the auction.

While i am there, another 3-4 farangs have the same problems and going through the same crap.

Again cut the story short, 6 months later i still did not have the green books or rego, so bikes were rusting in the backyard.

So 1 year, extra 15 000 baht to have it all, only to have bikes look like a pile of rust.

you obviously had a bad experience but the bikes look like a pile of rust after 1 year? what condition where they in to start with?

you obviously had a bad experience but the bikes look like a pile of rust after 1 year? what condition where they in to start with?

The outside condition was good, but inside some where useless.

They transport bikes sometimes standing it upright, so engine oil goes into gear and ruins it.

Not a big drama, some money and can be fixed.

Being outside for 1 year without being driven turned it into a pile of rust.

Could not rent any or sell it because no registration, no insurance and no green book, so no way to prove my ownership.

2 did not have number plates

All in all, from what i read and heard i would not recommend buying from the auction.

A mate of mine owns a rental/mechanic shop and he bought over 25 bikes to have nothing but problems, he did warn me but i thought i am smarter and can do better, well i did not :)

OP, let me give you the best advice yet.

Instead of listening to people behind the computer, who know it all, head down to soi buakhao to mai thai complex http://www.maithaicomplex.com/

have a chat with the owner, who speaks almost fluent english about the auctions, bikes quality and troubles

he has been in business for over 10 years and has a fleet of over 150 bikes.

he will tell you what to expect in terms of "professional" service he receives and other countless customers receive, as well as the quality of bikes.

he will also tell you where all the auctions are and what all the auctions are.

just buy him an Oishi tea and i am sure he will be happy to have a chat :)

• Like 1

i guess selling stolen bikes falls into YOUR category of being professional alsowhistling.gif

Oho, now stolen bikes come into play...A brandnew aspect..

Or is it just another stupid attempt to offend other people...not unexpected, but ok, this seems to be your "style" as everybody can see from your previous posts...

All in all, from what i read and heard i would not recommend buying from the auction....

With this two "statements", (and your former "screaming, fighting, lawyer" etc..pp..), you have disqualified yourself from any further serious discussion.

I am not sure, if TV "name and shame" policy allows you, to blame companies, for selling stolen bikes...

This is just "BS" and shows the credibility of your previous posts....

It seems to me, you want to keep people away from auctions, at any price.

What's your problem? Scared of more competitors in your "business"?

PS: and who cares about the opinion of a "mai thai complex owner" in Soi Buakaow?

Go to an auction and make yourself a picture. But you have been warned...so or so wink.png

Edited by vel_tins

Oho, now stolen bikes come into play...A brandnew aspect..

Or is it just another stupid attempt to offend other people...not unexpected, but ok, this seems to be your "style" as everybody can see from your previous posts...

With this "statement", (and your former "screaming, fighting, lawyer" etc..pp..), you have disqualified yourself from any further serious discussion.

I am not sure, if TV "name and shame" policy allows you, to blame companies, for selling stolen bikes...

This is just "BS" and shows the credibility of your previous posts....

What's your problem? Scared of more competitors in your "business"?

PS: and who cares about the opinion of a "mai thai complex owner" in Soi Buakaow?

Go to an auction and make yourself a picture. But you have been warned...so or so wink.png

cheesy.gif This drivel is not worth a reply.

good to see another know it all internet professorthumbsup.gif

PS. Here internet professor, have a read, compliments of search function

PPS. OP sorry for turning your thread into a circus,but now you have some points of reference to make an informed decision

Edited by phl