Wait A Second , Someone Is Not The 1St Gourmet Burger Joint !

TheWizardofRnR

A new burger company claims to be the first gourmet Burger Joint in Thailand. I just can't

sit-by when I see someone laying claim to something that doesn't belong to them.

Especially knowing it was on my menu first, in 1988

Recently,

I had the opportunity to view their web page and menu , except for a few changes in describing items, it looks like they copied alot of the menu too that BigBill [me]had created at the Derby King in Patpong Rd. in 1989. Yet , even before that in 1988 at the Paradise Bar on Patong Beach,,I had opened <snip> in 1989 , so just thought it was time to set it straight in my old age!

Since I posted the facts to them on FB ,I've never heard a word from them, but they still advertise a non-truth , that the first gourmet joint is them ! I think maybe they meant gourmet prices , although on-line had no prices .Which usually means in gourmet speak in the food biz , if you have to ask the prices ??? You can't afford to eat here?

Although usually menus in Thailand , the prices in chain restaurants differ on prices in BKK then Pkt , even in Pkt. prices vary due to rents !

BB

old pick of <snip>

Edited by soundman
Font.

A new burger company claims to be the first gourmet Burger Joint in Thailand. I just can't

sit-by when I see someone laying claim to something that doesn't belong to them.

Especially knowing it was on my menu first, in 1988

Recently,

I had the opportunity to view their web page and menu , except for a few changes in describing items, it looks like they copied alot of the menu too that BigBill [me]had created at the Derby King in Patpong Rd. in 1989. Yet , even before that in 1988 at the Paradise Bar on Patong Beach,,I had opened <snip> in 1989 , so just thought it was time to set it straight in my old age!

Since I posted the facts to them on FB ,I've never heard a word from them, but they still advertise a non-truth , that the first gourmet joint is them ! I think maybe they meant gourmet prices , although on-line had no prices .Which usually means in gourmet speak in the food biz , if you have to ask the prices ??? You can't afford to eat here?

Although usually menus in Thailand , the prices in chain restaurants differ on prices in BKK then Pkt , even in Pkt. prices vary due to rents !

BB

old pick of <snip>

What a daft thread. Neither you nor they can claim to have the first gourmet burger place in Thailand - its a value judgement.

Anyway, your places are obviously not still open so what's the big deal?

Edited by soundman
Font.