Renting A Cargo Van In Pattaya

LALes

Moving to Bangkok when (if) I sell my condo in Jomtien. I will have about 12-15 small,

Public Storage boxes full of my stuff and other odds and ends like wall hanging pictures,

statues, etc. Is it possible to rent a cargo van, similar to a 9 passenger mini van without

the seats, in Pattaya? Or should I just hire some movers? Anyone know how much that

might cost? Most rent-a-car agencies here deal in cars and SUVs only, it seems.

Thanks,

L.A.

IMO do it yourself, hire a song thaew driver to help.

When I do this I get the motos a day or two in advance to take me to the places where the STs hang out between shifts.

B2000 all up should be IMO on the high end as long as it's not too much heavy lifting, maybe a bit more if it is.

Or B1500 and you cover the petrol if they make a stink about fuel prices.

As usually with any bargaining here, don't act as if you give a crap and keep it light. Go to two or three places before actually committing, just collect phone numbers as you go. You'll get the real prices as you walk away. . .

You could of course find a van for about the same, but insurance, what if there's a fender-bender, have to return it etc. . .

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK

I dunno. Not really keen on having all my stuff in the back of a songthaew. I don't mind springing for a van that

comes with a hand truck/dolly if I can find one. I might enlist a GF to drive it to minimize police hassles.

I dunno. Not really keen on having all my stuff in the back of a songthaew. I don't mind springing for a van that

comes with a hand truck/dolly if I can find one. I might enlist a GF to drive it to minimize police hassles.

I don't see why not - theft, falling off? I've done this a dozen times - obviously you go along with your stuff, they know how to tie things down and if you think it might rain a big tarp is cheap. A hand truck will be available at or near your destination, you said only a dozen boxes anyway.

A "GF" driving now **that's** asking for trouble!

But suit yourself plenty of car rent shops just get on the phone and call around, or ask the moto dops along the main Suk drag (not anywhere near the beach).

Or rent from here in BKK you'll have to do a three-leg round-trip anyway. I think at the place down from the cop shop on Wireless Road (Lumpini Car Rent?) a van's about B2,500 for 24 hours.

I think the rent in BKK option might work. Don't have to drive back to Pattaya after unloading.

If you've got the correct name and address, that would be excellent.

BTW, my girlfriend is not a bar girl, she's a straight, savvy, well educated, business lady who knows how to deal with

the local gendarmes.

well if some one know any one moving to Phuket in september and renting a pick up or similare then I can rent it an they way back to pattaya and maby we can save some money that way.Just send me a Pm .

On Shukuhmvit next to big c you can find all kinds of trucks parked , they have phone numbers on them .... call the numbers and ask for a quote. A friend did rent one for his move to nakhon nowhere. I think it was around 5 or 6 kTHB You'd bettter wrap your gear yourself, though.

Edited by JakeBKK

• 2 weeks later...

On Shukuhmvit next to big c you can find all kinds of trucks parked , they have phone numbers on them .... call the numbers and ask for a quote. A friend did rent one for his move to nakhon nowhere. I think it was around 5 or 6 kTHB You'd bettter wrap your gear yourself, though.

I just came back from Big C and didn't see any vehicles with phone numbers. I walked the parking lot from the car dealer at the south end

to the fancy, car repair shop at the north end. I then cruised down that street to the other parking lot. Still no vehicles. Where are they?