Recording Sound With Computer And A Mic

joka

hello everyone,

haven't been around for awhile, have move down to khanom and am still waiting for a telephone cable! but adsl is available here, oh joy!

anyway, i asked this question before here, thought i would try again. i am looking for a program (or maybe i need a different sound card?) to record sounds unto my computer, mostly voice. for example, i talk into a microphone, and it saves the file unto my computer. seems prettty simple, just can't figure it out.......thanks

hello everyone,

haven't been around for awhile, have move down to khanom and am still waiting for a telephone cable! but adsl is available here, oh joy!

anyway, i asked this question before here, thought i would try again.  i am looking for a program (or maybe i need a different sound card?) to record sounds unto my computer, mostly voice.  for example, i talk into a microphone, and it saves the file unto my computer.  seems prettty simple, just can't figure it out.......thanks

I'd imagine your computer is capable already- if it has a microphone jack on the back of the computer (usually pink colored).

There are lots of softwares to do this (Nero, for example) but for simple voice recording all you need to do is plug your mic into the computer, and then go to:

Start Menu->Programs->Accessories->Entertainment->Sound Recorder

Will do the job.

HTH.