Fgis

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bankrupt ! The total debt plus interest and 75.87 million baht

Now left 4 branches Paragon(พารากอน) Espanade(เอสพานาด) Ekkamai(เอกมัย) Pin-khow (ปิ่นเกล้า)

Why do people pay to go to gyms and sign up for long contracts anyway? If I want to exercise I can go jogging for free, do press ups for free, do sit ups for free...seems crazy to pay, let alone sign up for a contract

If you have to ask you won't understand

• Like 1

Bankrupt ! The total debt plus interest and 75.87 million baht

Now left 4 branches Paragon(พารากอน) Espanade(เอสพานาด) Ekkamai(เอกมัย) Pin-khow (ปิ่นเกล้า)

But only Paragon open today. (Silom open but will close at end of this month.)

Paragon was virtually unusable today for fixed weights as most machines were occupied by people playing with their phones.

Member since 2007, paid 25K lifetime = 5k a year..Not bad!

I use power cage everytime in Paragon as only few Thais do leg exercise, no wonder I see chicken-gorilla all the time.

Paragon was virtually unusable today for fixed weights as most machines were occupied by people playing with their phones.

I know this may come to a shock to many people in life, but when someones in your way if you politly ask them to move/when they will be done 99% of the time they will move that second. Amazes me to watch guys get pissed off at the gym waiting for someone to get off their phone while on equipment. Walk over like a big boy and use words and say hello are you almost done, they will move.

• Like 2

such a bummer that these gyms have to close, Initially I hated them cause they were just posey gyms and not much serious training going on.

but ill eat my words, Ekkamai was a 10 min walk from my condo. So handy!

I dont care so much about loosing my membership but care more about having to join another gym further away..

boo hoosad.png

Sorry , Rant over

I know this may come to a shock to many people in life, but when someones in your way if you politly ask them to move/when they will be done 99% of the time they will move that second. Amazes me to watch guys get pissed off at the gym waiting for someone to get off their phone while on equipment. Walk over like a big boy and use words and say hello are you almost done, they will move.

Thanks for your suggestion. I have a suggestion for you as well. smile.png

Edited by ricklev

I can pretty much do anything at home as well, my gym at home has better equipment than most membership gyms.....,

Better equipment at your home gym than California Wow? Are you serious? You'd need an absolutely amazing home gym to keep me satisfied. It all depends on your level of training.

I get the most out of it and it helps me not to miss too many sessions as traveling to a gym is a bit boring.

I always enjoy my travel to the gym. It gives me time to plan my workout out in my head and get prepared. I also really enjoy the ride home after a hard workout... which is along the beach in the afternoon sun.

I get the most out of it and it helps me not to miss too many sessions as traveling to a gym is a bit boring.

I always enjoy my travel to the gym. It gives me time to plan my workout out in my head and get prepared. I also really enjoy the ride home after a hard workout... which is along the beach in the afternoon sun.

Tropo,

This is the BKK forum.. no beach here and most times its a hassle getting anywhere. Pattaya is a lot better traffic wise also a lot smaller. Believe me 30 min travel to a gym is too much.

I am always amazed how expensive the gyms are in Thailand, considering how much less the population earns.

The equipment at California Wow is imported and costs more here than at its source, mainly in the US... anyhow, gyms are not expensive here.

You can always find a hole in the wall type of gym for a cheap workout. There's plenty of those around.

Tropo,

This is the BKK forum.. no beach here and most times its a hassle getting anywhere. Pattaya is a lot better traffic wise also a lot smaller. Believe me 30 min travel to a gym is too much.

There's pretty bad traffic down here too. You need to be on a bike.

Edited by tropo

How very nice for you! Thanks for sharing...

There's no need for sarcasm. There's a very real debate about the benefits of training at home vs training at a public gym. Over my many years of training I've done both. Some say travel is a negative aspect of going to a public gym whereas I consider it a positive.

Overall I'd say more people succeed at public gyms than at home. I'm a very motivated person who always gets down to the gym. I didn't miss a day even when Songkran was on and rain won't keep me away. In the Philippines I travel 50km round trip to train. In the end it's all about motivation.

Either way, it's a subject worthy of debate.

There's no need for sarcasm. There's a very real debate about the benefits of training at home vs training at a public gym. Over my many years of training I've done both. Some say travel is a negative aspect of going to a public gym whereas I consider it a positive.

Overall I'd say more people succeed at public gyms than at home. I'm a very motivated person who always gets down to the gym. I didn't miss a day even when Songkran was on and rain won't keep me away. In the Philippines I travel 50km round trip to train. In the end it's all about motivation.

Either way, it's a subject worthy of debate.

Its different for everyone i am 100% convinced that having my gym at home has helped me keeping working out.

I have worked out for years in gym's too, both have their advantages and disadvantages.

For me travel is a big disadvantage, Especially if it is 30 min or more for just going there. I am still not retired and work too so i have to be economical with my time. A gym at home just helps me. I do try to have good equipment at home so i can get a decent workout.

Stuff like a power rack and decent powertech multi bench,and a lat pully / leg extension machine (ok cheap quality but works decent) Something to do dips on and work my abs on (seldom) Olympic barbell with 200 kg plus on weights 3 sets of adjustable dumbbells couple of mirrors a spinning bike and my pride and joy a concept 2 model D rower.

But this is only feasible for people with room and a house they will spend some time in.

I do feel sorry for the customers, but very glad to see this 'business' finally close(ing) down biggrin.pngclap2.gifbiggrin.png

How about the people that worked there.. arriving to work to find the roller door down and a sign up saying sorry but.....

LOL! All the suckers who paid for their CWOW memberships should do something enmasse and start a legal action against the founder Eric Levine. He leads a very Hi-So life in Thailand and recently got marries in Phuket with such an extraganza that spanned a few days and was covered in publictions like the stupid Thailand Tatler, Hello, Ok etc. The guy is a major con artists and yet many still give him respect. People should spit at him and his bride in public.

be easy on the customer service staff, management has given them nothing to say to members and most of them are at their wits end....

The staff at California Wow in Pattaya certainly don't look happy. It's like they are resigned to their fate. I don't see any sales staff outside touting for members as they always have done on the past.

ekkamai isn't closing

so ekamai and asoke are both closed? paragon open still?

Ekkamai is closed, just walked by it. There was a sign that said something about the landlord not turning the power on and it all being mitigated.

As far as the people mentioning getting refunds, lol, are you serious??

Edited by meand