Cwow Fitness Closing Many Branches In Bangkok

Fgis

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They went bankrupt didn't they, it's what you'd expect.

I just been to Paragon branch . It seem like they are adding more equipment... Didnt see any sign that they are bankrupt ..

They're not bankrupt. The judge in the proceedings decided to allow the company to implement its "rehabilitation" plan which involves closing the loss-making branches mentioned in the OP. Those branches remaining open will be "upgraded" with a lick of paint and maybe some new machines.

Members of closed branches will be offered extended memberships that allow them to use facilities at all the remaining sites. Of course, if you live or work close to one of the closing branches, it'll be a major inconvenience to get to a branch that may very well be miles away.

Maybe they'll give refunds, maybe they won't.

Give refunds with whose cash? This is the part where the 'corporate person' quietly dies an irresponsible death leaving the obligations unmet, while the actual current owners of the stock take a bath, and the original owner before the IPO laughs all the way to the bank.

• Like 1

Give refunds with whose cash? This is the part where the 'corporate person' quietly dies an irresponsible death leaving the obligations unmet, while the actual current owners of the stock take a bath, and the original owner before the IPO laughs all the way to the bank.

Well as i said, they haven't been made bankrupt. The fortunes of the stockholders are irrelevant in the context of the company's everyday cashflow from which refunds could be paid. Assuming the company has a mind to give them to customers who don't want to travel miles to the next nearest CaWow branch.

"rehabilitation" means that the executives can continue to pull money out until there is none left, then no more rehab.

The problem with fitness centers, whether in Thailand or elsewhere, is that the business model is based on getting the money up front, thus the "lifetime memberships". Eventually, it will die.

"rehabilitation" means that the executives can continue to pull money out until there is none left, then no more rehab.

The problem with fitness centers, whether in Thailand or elsewhere, is that the business model is based on getting the money up front, thus the "lifetime memberships". Eventually, it will die.

Not sure about this case. In the end of the day, I think i am still paying less than other fitness firm in Thailand.

Well as i said, they haven't been made bankrupt. The fortunes of the stockholders are irrelevant in the context of the company's everyday cashflow from which refunds could be paid. Assuming the company has a mind to give them to customers who don't want to travel miles to the next nearest CaWow branch.

Their cash flow is negative, hence the inability to pay their debt. There are likely to be other debtors of a higher degree than the 'members' if they are even considered as debtors at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've gotten my money's worth either way. Would be nice if they would open up a Fitness First here in Pattaya.

smile.png

Fitness First is a total ripp off in my opinion, if anything, True fitness like the have one on Asoke( do not think its related to True company)

Well I've gotten my money's worth either way. Would be nice if they would open up a Fitness First here in Pattaya.

smile.png

Fitness First is a total ripp off in my opinion, if anything, True fitness like the have one on Asoke( do not think its related to True company)

Either or would be fine with me compared to CWow.

:-)

Why do people pay to go to gyms and sign up for long contracts anyway? If I want to exercise I can go jogging for free, do press ups for free, do sit ups for free...seems crazy to pay, let alone sign up for a contract

Why do people pay to go to gyms and sign up for long contracts anyway? If I want to exercise I can go jogging for free, do press ups for free, do sit ups for free...seems crazy to pay, let alone sign up for a contract

Because some people prefer gyms. Simple.

I can pretty much do anything at home as well, my gym at home has better equipment than most membership gyms....., but it's in the same category as 'why do people go out to eat when the fridge and pantry is completely stocked?' Change of scenery, closer to wherever I might be going later, certainly don't want random friends or family showing up at my house to work out, etc.

smile.png

I can pretty much do anything at home as well, my gym at home has better equipment than most membership gyms....., but it's in the same category as 'why do people go out to eat when the fridge and pantry is completely stocked?' Change of scenery, closer to wherever I might be going later, certainly don't want random friends or family showing up at my house to work out, etc.

smile.png

I got a home gym too.. love it a lot. Just recently bought myself a concept 2 rower to add to the gym. Full gyms are better stocked still but with free weights and a few machines you can do a lot. I get the most out of it and it helps me not to miss too many sessions as traveling to a gym is a bit boring.

• 3 weeks later...

I was told at the silom branch that they will close on june 8

It seems many of the branches will close down very soon.

Ekamai, Esplanade, Pinklao and Pattaya were all closed today by Major because of non payment by California Wow. Not sure when they will open again.

Edited by petedk