Basic Cheap Digital Camera In Chiang Mai

Camiler

I am on a study tour and the one thing I forgot to pack was a camera! All I need is a basic generic digital camera, preferably in the 1571-3144 THB ($50-$100) range. I have been told that a good place in Chiang Mai is Pantip Plaza. Does Pantip Plaza have cameras in this price range? I'm also going with my study tour to the Chiang Mai Night Market and Bazaar tonight. Is it possible to find deals there or am I likely to get ripped off? I really appreciate the help. Seeing the Reclining Buddha in Bangkok and the Doi Suthep Mountain Temple without a camera has been painful and I need to correct this as soon as possible.

I have a similar question, but looking for the most basic model that can also take reasonable 1080p video.

Looking currently at the Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS, or Nikon Coolpix S6300. Both cost about $160, so roughly 5000 baht. (When purchased in the US, not sure what those would cost here)

I'll be back in the USA soon so could just pick one up there I suppose.

Try to get one that is waterproof.

In Angkor Wat I was caring one hanging by it's strap from my wrist and the sweat got in it. cost 3,000 baht to repair.

If you were in the Night Bazaar you probably found Pantip Plaza.

Edited by hellodolly

In Angkor Wat I was caring one hanging by it's strap from my wrist and the sweat got in it. cost 3,000 baht to repair.

You must have gone in the hot cheap and rainy season. No need for any special waterproof camera, If you go to Angkor Wat in the winter and get up early so as to see the sunrise, you will be finished early enough that the heat will be OK. What were your thoughts on Angkor Thom and the Bayon....did anything in particular catch your eye?

You must have gone in the hot cheap and rainy season. No need for any special waterproof camera, If you go to Angkor Wat in the winter and get up early so as to see the sunrise, you will be finished early enough that the heat will be OK. What were your thoughts on Angkor Thom and the Bayon....did anything in particular catch your eye?

Bayon was great as was Angkor Wat. Many of them were impressive. That was my third trip there to meet my uncle. The trip before was to take my boy and I spilled water on that camera. First time there had to go two days in a row to see most of it. People don't realize Angkor Wat is a area of about 70 square kilometers with many other small temples dotting the landscape.