Payment Of Annual Car Tax

Zen

I was wondering where to pay the annual car tax? Is it only at Land Transport at Mo Chit or at any branches?

Usually my finance company pays on behalf of me first, then i pay them back. but this year they ask me to do it myself.

Do i have to send the car for any checks? What documents must i bring? The car is only 2 yrs old, coming to 3.

Thanks!

You can pay your tax at the Land Transport office in Mo Chit, or there is another Land Transport office just beyond On Nut (near Sukhumvit 107 if memory serves me correctly).

I suspect the insurance company may no longer do this for you because traffic fines (i.e. caught on camera etc) can now accumulate throughout the year and must be paid at the time of renewing your tax.

When you own your car it is your responsibility for compulsory insurance and road tax renewal.

You can pay at any local DLT office and get your compulsory insurance there too.

You need your blue book and compulsory insurance, also known as CMI or Por Ror Bor.

You don't need a check on your car until it is 7 years old.

Did the finance company send the blue book to you? You will need that when appearing at the DLT to make the payment and receive the annual decal. DLT needs to put stamps in to the pages of the Blue Book

No if under finance just take the photo copies the finance company provide, the DLT will put the tax details on it. You don't get the blue book until the loan is fully paid.