Dislocated Shoulder

phuturatica

I have dislocated my shoulder twice in the last 48 hours... I don't even know how, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary... It just keeps popping out. The second time it happened, I was in bed and rolled over and it dislocated! It made a massive popping out clicking sound and hurt like hell. I was literally biting my pillow and screaming into it with the pain.

Any reason this might be happening? Do I need to go to hospital or something, I thought I had popped it back in the first time it happened but now I'm not so sure.

Also, whats a good painkiller for this kind of injury that isn't an anti-inflammatory?

Pain killer -- probably tramadol but you need to look up its contraindications re renal disease.

yes you should see a doctor. Dr,. Mason at Bunrungrad is the go-to guy for shoulder issues.

I speak from experience. I kept dislocating my shoulder, and it hurts!! The problem is (I am no doctor), the sheath that keeps the ball and joint in one place stretches, and it gets worse. Finally, the ultimate - I was in my car, threw my briefcase into the back seat, and my shoulder dislocated, my arm stuck behind the passenger seat. Not pleasant.

I think you should see a doctor - they can staple the sheath to correct the problem. I don't think it is one of those injuries that heals with time and fixes itself.

Edited by californiabeachboy