Accomadation

Hi me and a few friends are heading over starting in Bangkok for two weeks in February.....

Just wondering weather we should book accommodation in advance or wait till we are there??? And what prices will be looking to pay per night?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Check Agoda a couple weeks before you leave. I have used them several times with no problems at all. Even getting refunds worked ok when I had to cancel a couple of times. They now have hotels where there is no cancelation fee. I am in no way affilitated with Agoda, just a satisfied customer. One word of advise (Ok several words): Don't believe everything you read about the hotel on the web site. Check the feedback from people who have used the property. Some feedback may be bogus but you never really know. February is after the New Years peak travel and cost period so you will have no problem at all finding a decent property in an area you want to stay in.

• Like 1

There are hundreds of hotels in Bangkok. Do you have a specific are you desire? If you have a specific hotel, and it's really important you stay there, then for sure book in advance. Otherwise, there will be lots of hotels available.

I like the advise above. Book with Agoda where they have NO cancellation fee. Or better yet, book direct with the hotel. Most have a 72 hour or so cancellation policy.

Have fun!

When I came here on holidays before, I just did walk in. Just check some hotels. Most of the hotels have still vacancies when doing a "walk in"

I was used to go to one at Ratchada. 650 baht/night breakfast included. Easy acces to MRT.

When travelling to a new town I generally internet book a hotel room for 2 nights. This gives me one whole day to look around and find a better or cheaper hotel if I am dissatisfied. Worked well for me in Vietnam where many small hotels have unadvertised building sites next to them.

Recommend that you book a room for the first one or two nights at least. Do you really want to walk around town dragging luggage looking for a hotel after one or more long flights, immigration, and the trip into Bangkok?

I have used Agoda several times and have been satisfied with them. I usually look at their customer reviews and then also to to www.tripadvisor.com and check their customer reviews on the same hotel.

Edited by Baloo22