International Bank For Private Accounts

As HSBC has closed its retail banking business in Thailand I am looking for a recommendation of an international bank where to have private accounts, foreign currency accounts, portfolio management and online banking. Thank you for any feedback. JL.

i have had private banking in the Isle of Man when i lived in UK

i have HSBC premier in UK

in my experience there is no better bank than DBS in Singapore

get a treasures account there

you will find everything you are looking for .....

A couple of my banks reckon they are providing a "private banking" service, and I have a dedicated manager and other silly bits and bobs. Personally I don't care what they call it just as long as they don't try to charge me for it.

As for letting any bank manage my portfolio, I wouldn't let them manage my garbage. They are incompetent idiots who only have their own profit in mind.

• Like 1

HSBC, Standard Chartered (or plain Standard I believe nowadays) are UK-affiliated so again, depends on your personal circumstances and objectives.

Standard Chartered Bank and Standard Bank are 2 completely different companies.

Standard bank is a South African bank...Standard Chartered is British I believe....I think there is a connection between the two way back in the past when South Africa was wholly British....but these days they are different companies completely as PP has said

Edited by Soutpeel

HSBC, Standard Chartered (or plain Standard I believe nowadays) are UK-affiliated so again, depends on your personal circumstances and objectives.

I checked out the websites recently and they seem very coy about the exact relationship. I wondered why they didn't have more transparency.

I checked out the websites recently and they seem very coy about the exact relationship. I wondered why they didn't have more transparency.

Nothing to be transparent about as they don't have a relationship.

They were previously part of the same group but now are totally separate.

HSBC Thailand have sent me a letter saying they have sold its retail and wealth management business to Krungsri Bank Thailand and they recommend I open an account with Krungsri and transfer my HSBC account there.

I notice on the www.krungsri.com website there is a application section directly aimed at the soon to be ex-HSBC Thailand account holders. ( The account transfer has to take place before the 30th june )

HSBC Thailand have sent me a letter saying they have sold its retail and wealth management business to Krungsri Bank Thailand and they recommend I open an account with Krungsri and transfer my HSBC account there.

I notice on the www.krungsri.com website there is a application section directly aimed at the soon to be ex-HSBC Thailand account holders. ( The account transfer has to take place before the 30th june )

No reason why you shouldn't go through with the transfer and try out the service.

January 2012 Changes to HSBC business operations in Thailand

Following a strategic business review of HSBC’s operations around the world, the HSBC Group has decided to reshape its business in Thailand to focus on its corporate banking business. Consequently, we have agreed to sell our Retail Banking and Wealth Management business in Thailand to Krungsri Group (Bank of Ayudhya Public Company Limited and its affiliates).

As part of the sale, we will transfer our personal loans, mortgages and other retail banking portfolios (including retail credit cards and deposits) to Krungsri Group. It is anticipated that the sale and transfer will take place on 31 March 2012 (Completion)(1). In addition, in order to ensure a smooth transition of our retail credit card portfolio, we expect to complete the transfer of this portfolio by the end of 2012.

If you hold deposit accounts or bills of exchange, we will seek your consent before the transfer of these products and we will be in touch shortly to discuss the procedure. We will also separately contact you to discuss the transfer of any other products you have with us.

This business decision aligns our local strategy with the HSBC Group’s strategic direction. HSBC has maintained a strong financial position with a higher capital ratio than international standards. Our credit ratings remain unchanged. In Thailand, we have received satisfactory ratings from all relevant authorities including the Bank of Thailand and the Securities and Exchange Commission. You can rest assured that your money and personal data are totally safe with HSBC.

Moreover, HSBC will observe the conditions of all agreements and regulatory requirements. This means that we will continue to honour agreed interest rates, benefits and privileges related to your accounts with us in the period up to Completion.

Please be advised that our Main Branch on Rama IV Road will be closed on 30 June 2012 and Thonglor Branch will be closed on 31 March 2012. Until Completion occurs, we invite you to make use of our banking services as usual, including deposit and withdrawal services, selling and buying of unit trusts, cheque book services, ATM and card services, credit cards, personal loans, mortgages, overdrafts, foreign currency exchange and international banking services

Customers will be provided with more details on the transition process to Krungsri Group soon. Meanwhile, please be assured that HSBC will continue to deliver the highest level of service to customers. Yours sincerely, Matthew Lobner Chief Executive Officer HSBC Thailand