Shocked And Flabergasted At Rimping Today

gennisis

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the connection between a murdering bushranger and one of those pies?

It was created by the Beechworth Bakery, in Ned kelly's old stomping ground he grew up in the surrounding area and also spent time in the Beechworth prison.

Kelly is probably the most famous bushranger with Beechworth connections. One member of the Kelly gang, Joe Byrne (who shot "alleged" police informer Aaron Sherritt), came from Woolshed. Early records show that in 1870 Ned, aged 16, stood trial on a minor charge and served six months at Beechworth Gaol

I hope that explains the connection.

What's the connection between a murdering bushranger and one of those pies?

It was created by the Beechworth Bakery, in Ned kelly's old stomping ground he grew up in the surrounding area and also spent time in the Beechworth prison.

Kelly is probably the most famous bushranger with Beechworth connections. One member of the Kelly gang, Joe Byrne (who shot "alleged" police informer Aaron Sherritt), came from Woolshed. Early records show that in 1870 Ned, aged 16, stood trial on a minor charge and served six months at Beechworth Gaol

I hope that explains the connection.

Thanks, wasn't sure if someone smuggled in a file inside a pie.biggrin.png

food is a serious topic over here.

anyway i got alittle annoyed in the other thread when i asked about burger are available frozen when nobody replied to me. so where could i get it, anyone?

i got quite annoyed here as well as i am the dude who bought the frozen mash potatoes along with my shepherd pie. i love potatoes but boiling potatoes are annoying. my cabinet is stocked with instant mash potatoes anyway

I've seen some frozen lamb burger patties at Rimping Mee choke branch.

anyway i got alittle annoyed in the other thread when i asked about burger are available frozen when nobody replied to me. so where could i get it, anyone?

i got quite annoyed here as well as i am the dude who bought the frozen mash potatoes along with my shepherd pie. i love potatoes but boiling potatoes are annoying. my cabinet is stocked with instant mash potatoes anyway

I buy Australian beef burgers frozen at Rim Ping and US beef burgers frozen at Northern Farms.

MSPain

I buy Australian beef burgers frozen at Rim Ping and US beef burgers frozen at Northern Farms.

MSPain

We at sausage king use aged Thai/french best beef for our amazing lean steak burgers Code number for a recommended burger on our website BUR1. We also do Aussie lamb burgers and they are to die for.Imported Lamb. http://www.sausage-king1.com/4-burgers

thanks to all who replied and pmed me about the burger. appreciate that!smile.png

anyway i had the shepherd piethumbsup.gif was expecting the typical kind of frozen pie but was glad that it was not

Try the Aussie beef Cottage pie in Rimping its the same spec as the Lamb Shepherds pie but in Beef, it is excellent also.All the microwave meals are home made.great when you have one of those days when you don't want to cook.and not over priced.

post-112062-0-53977000-1338042071_thumb.

Edited by SausageKing

thanks to all who replied and pmed me about the burger. appreciate that!smile.png

anyway i had the shepherd piethumbsup.gif was expecting the typical kind of frozen pie but was glad that it was not

Try the Aussie beef Cottage pie in Rimping its the same spec as the Lamb Shepherds pie but in Beef, it is excellent also.All the microwave meals are home made.great when you have one of those days when you don't want to cook.and not over priced.

Do you sell actual bacon? I mean the Aussie/English style bacon and not the American Style. Sorry if this appears American Bashing, it is not my intention just looking for some real bacon and not the stringy American style. Hope the pics show the difference.

bacon_~IE222-063.jpg

bacon_~k2852773.jpg

Again I appoligise if this has offended my American friends.

Do you sell actual bacon? I mean the Aussie/English style bacon and not the American Style. Sorry if this appears American Bashing, it is not my intention just looking for some real bacon and not the stringy American style. Hope the pics show the difference.

Hi and yes we do have both types of bacon and bot dry cured for great taste,We do smoked and non smoked at the same price and we only sell lean bacon with out lots of unhealthy fat. Cheaper to buy direct and then we can slice in the fron of you the thickness you require. Rob.

bacon_~IE222-063.jpg

bacon_~k2852773.jpg

Again I appoligise if this has offended my American friends.

post-112062-0-67833500-1338082620.jpg

post-112062-0-43689100-1338082633.jpg

Edited by SausageKing

"food is a serious topic over here."

How true, time for a Fish and Chip thread.

john

Well I don't know about anyone else but I just love good food and without it I just don't think life is worth living, I would just curl up and die.rolleyes.gif

"food is a serious topic over here."

How true, time for a Fish and Chip thread.

john

Why not start one, then? biggrin.png

Don't forget the sarsons vinegar he he

Thinking of doing a F&C SK?

Maybe something like this-

post-112062-0-47258700-1338087816_thumb.

Had a trial run today on the Aussie Ned Kelly Pie and i loved it,But one thing does it have to have the egg inside or not ?

I guess softgeorge will be along ASAP to give you feedback on your creation.

I guess that you could turn the green stuff in the fish photo into soup and throw a pie in and have an Adelaide Pie Floater.

...........and just when I thought the mushy peas couldn't get any worse!.......... biggrin.png

Had a trial run today on the Aussie Ned Kelly Pie and i loved it,But one thing does it have to have the egg inside or not ?

Oh sorry were you waiting for me? Glad S.K liked the pie. Maybe he can answer his own question, "Would it still be a Ned Kelly without the egg?" Maybe it would just be mince with cheese. Would it be as firm, that is would the cheese be enough to strengthen it? I suggest you leave the egg in it.

Oh sorry were you waiting for me? Glad S.K liked the pie. Maybe he can answer his own question, "Would it still be a Ned Kelly without the egg?" Maybe it would just be mince with cheese. Would it be as firm, that is would the cheese be enough to strengthen it? I suggest you leave the egg in it.

Ok it will have the egg and plenty of cheddar cheese on the top.i have to say after the 4 i had eaten today were really good and the nutmeg is a nice touch to the taste. So i guess it should keep its name,Ned Kelly Pie. I rate it 10/10 Edited by SausageKing
  • Like 1

Ok it will have the egg and plenty of cheddar cheese on the top.i have to say after the 4 i had eaten today were really good and the nutmeg is a nice touch to the taste. So i guess it should keep its name,Ned Kelly Pie. I rate it 10/10

You keep eating them at that rate and you aren't going to sell many!

Edited by uptheos

For all the lies that are spoken and for the mis informed to know how it works at Rimping - THEY DO NOT get the prices wrong suppliers set the prices with the store.

Yes there is 30% to pay for the use of the store to sell products - ie the supplier is renting the space in the freezer or on the shelves

HOW DO I KNOW - we supply Rimping and others

I cannot use our product name on here - we are not a sponser of this site

The truth - the supplier sets the price of the product and incorporates the 30% pay back to Rimping

No point lying and telling any customers any different - hope this helps to inform everyone

• Like 2

... snip ... such ructions over my original post...amazing! ...snip ... Why people had to post personal remarks is beyond me....a sign of their mentality I guess....sad!

May I suggest that "eructations" might be a little more apropos in this teapot-tempest-fiesta of diatribes than "ructions" ?

As to "sign ... of mentality:" all the signs I've seen in this thread said: "one-way."

"De gustibus non est disputandum."

~o:37;

Pie

By LAURA MAYER Wednesday, Nov. 26, 2008

They're simple, they're American and come Thanksgiving, everybody saves room for them. But the pies we know today are a fairly recent addition to a history that goes back as long as mankind has had dough to bake into a crust and stuff to put inside it. In medieval England, they were called pyes, and instead of being predominantly sweet, they were most often filled with meat — beef, lamb, wild duck, magpie pigeon — spiced with pepper, currants or dates. Historians trace pie's initial origins to the Greeks, who are thought to be the originators of the pastry shell, which they made by combining water and flour...

Read more: www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1862315,00.html#ixzz1wFxcHfOX

Edited by Maestro
Edited to conform to "fair use" doctrine