Vegitarian Food Stuffs In Bkk?

jinjinswing

I buy vege hot dogs, fish, chicken, baloney, etc at my local Jusco all the time, always in stock. I've also bought the same at Fresh Marts throughout the city. Tesco has a frozen vege chicken and fish, Big C often has frozen vege pizzas (rennet listed on one as ingredient). Vege burritos, pot pies, patties, etc. often sold at Villa and Gourmet markets (Emporium and Paragon). Vege burgers are sold at ALL Burger Kings. Vege food in available in countless food courts, Amarin Plaza, Mall Bangkapi, Mall Ram, MBK, JJ Market, just to name a few. Keep looking, try this website it fairly extensive http://www.happycow.net/asia/thailand/bangkok/

Since you call yourself a vegetarian and you can't even spell "vegetarian" or "veggie", I finally have the confirmation I needed that lack of meat leads to death of brain cells, in addition to a weedy body... Go and get yourself a nice big tenderloin steak and be done with it.

jinjinswing i hope my information was useful for you.

FalangBaa chill out, it's just slang. All that flesh eating making you a bit tense? Perhaps it's the steroids.

"History

The veggie burger, by name, may have been created in London in 1982 byGregory Sams, who called it the 'VegeBurger'. Gregory and his brother Craig had run a natural food restaurant in Paddington since the 1960s[1]; aCarrefour hypermarket in Southampton sold 2000 packets in three weeks after its launch.[2]"

Try these sites in between bites of steak.

vegeusa.com

vegeeats.com

vegethai.com

vege-news.com

vegeone.com

hahaha .....i have searched hard and i finally found the patties at Emporium, i check in every supermarket i go into or walk past, also vegetarian burritos they have there, i normaly cook but sometimes a Pattie in a bun is quick easy and a change.

And for the posters above i have no trouble ordering lunch or dinner if out.

Thanks for the info..

Those frozen Amy's vegetarian products sold everywhere where brought in about 2.5 years ago. Gotta figure they been thawed and refrozen a dozen times since then.

The Amy's pizzas in particular are often wrapped in plastic because the boxes have decayed. Can't imagine anyone ever being crazy enough to buy one.

Still, the pot pies are pretty good and the veggie burgers ok and its the only game in town for frozen western vegetarian food.

It's ok. After a while you learn where all of the vegetarian restaurants are. You are never that far from one wherever you are in Bangkok. It's is hard though to find vegetarian food that's not full of oil and fake meat with few fresh vegetables. I've learned all my favorite places and dishes over the years.

For example, if you are in the Pinklao area, the Tops food court in Central has the best vegetarian khao rad in town...... fresh vegetables, low oil and excellent quality brown rice....

I dont eat off the streets when out only food courts, not hard and the cooks always oblige by adding tofu or vegies and leaving out the pork or chicken. As for pizza i wont buy the expensive muck in a box when its so easy to knock up at home just using a pita base or go to a real pizza place.