Ilr Payment Not Taken Yet.. How Long?

Dear Forum

Just submitted my wifes ILR application on 15/5/12 special delivery to UK Boarders in Durham.

I have been tracking my credit card to see if they have taken paymnet. As yet one week later not payment has been taken. Should we start to worry as I have read some nightmare storys on line re payment not collected.

Any fellow member out there made an application at this time and how long did your payment take to go through?, and at what point should we get concerned?

Thanks in advance

Yorkie B

Hi,

I sent my wife & sons on Monday 14th May, they got it Tuesday and I have noticed my available credit has gone down by almost £2k on my credit card, so it looks like its pending and will show soon. Looks like they are processing it now. I completed the credit card payment section on the application forms I didnt do it online.

I am hoping to get a confirmation letter soon but not sure if they will need to go do the biometrics as they did this in Bangkok when applying for Settlement Visa 2 years ago.

I will post an update when I know more, let me know how you get on..Good luck..

Andy

I suspect this is a delaying tactic to reduce the pressure on UKBA staff. The system appears to be close to collapse. They seem to be 'backdating' ILR issue dates as well (by 2-4 weeks), presumably to try to improve their processing times.

Check the on-line tracking system for special delivery to make sure it arrived safely then sadly you have to play the waiting game.

Meltdown just in time for the Olympics! What fun!

Not good or nice if you have to wait especially having parted with close on a grand!

Not directly relevant to this topic, perhaps, but the UKBA do have this warning on their website.

Completing application form SET(M)

Please note that, if you are making numerous payments using your credit card, the anti-fraud measures that banks operate sometimes stop payment being taken. This may be because you have exceeded the maximum limit on a single transaction or the number of transactions allowed in a given period of time. You must ensure that you contact your bank in advance, so that the bank will allow the full payment to be taken without any problems when you submit your applications.
You have to click on "How to pay your application fee if you are inside the UK" at the bottom of the page to see it.

I am hoping to get a confirmation letter soon but not sure if they will need to go do the biometrics as they did this in Bangkok when applying for Settlement Visa 2 years ago.

Biometric residence permits are being introduced for more immigration categories

14 February 2012

From Wednesday 29 February 2012, all applicants in the UK will need to obtain a biometric residence permit if they are applying to stay here for more than 6 months. This includes applicants for permission to settle here (known as 'indefinite leave to remain').

To obtain a permit, applicants will need to enrol their biometric information (fingerprints and facial image).

If you are applying in the UK on or after this date (whether applying by post, in person or online), you should use the correct application form. Please pay careful attention to the date shown on the cover of the application form.

If you are applying in person at one of our public enquiry offices under our premium service, and you have booked an appointment on or after 29 February, you must bring the correct form with you to avoid delay.

The new form , see Section 6.

It does ask if your fingerprints have been taken with regard to a visa or leave to remain application previously, and where and when. But I can't find anywhere that says what happens if you answer 'Yes' to this.

Thanks 7b7, I cant find anywhere that tells you if they will need to take them again, when we have returned to the UK on the settlement visa's they have always checked there fingerprints in the airport, I would say they use the same ones for ILR. Also, if they do need to do them I cant find out if I can go to the UK Border Office or I have to go to a dedicated Post Office.

The thing is the Post Office charge another £19 each to do this. It does read like you can have it done at the enquiry office if using the premium service only. Looks like another additional charge to pay!!!

Im sure time will tell and I will update once I know.

Thanks

Thanks 7b7, I cant find anywhere that tells you if they will need to take them again, when we have returned to the UK on the settlement visa's they have always checked there fingerprints in the airport, I would say they use the same ones for ILR. Also, if they do need to do them I cant find out if I can go to the UK Border Office or I have to go to a dedicated Post Office.

The thing is the Post Office charge another £19 each to do this. It does read like you can have it done at the enquiry office if using the premium service only. Looks like another additional charge to pay!!!

Im sure time will tell and I will update once I know.

Thanks

Relevant page:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/residency/brp-application-process.pdf

Relevant part:

Why must I give my biometrics as part of my application?

Providing biometrics helps to protect the identities of genuine applicants. Biometric residence permits make it easier for individuals to prove their identity, immigration status and entitlements in the UK. Individuals are locked into a single identity which helps the UK Border Agency tackle immigration abuse, child trafficking, illegal working and identity fraud.

What happens if I refuse to give my biometrics?

If a postal applicant fails to make arrangements to provide their biometrics their application will be rejected. If they fail to enrol their biometrics or refuse to provide their biometrics then their application to the UK Border Agency may be rejected.

If a premium applicant refuses to provide their biometrics then their application to the UK Border Agency may be rejected.

Why do I have to be fingerprinted again when I gave my biometrics overseas as part of my visa/entry clearance application?

This is to verify that an individual making an application in the UK is the same person who applied for the visa overseas and who came through the UK border.

An update on our applications. Got a letter back yesterday confirming they have the applications and will be sent to a case worker and they will be in touch in due course. Money has been taken and no mention yet of going for the biometrics. It does say on the website they will contact you within 14 days of application if they are needed so another week to wait.

Andy