Thai Visa For 6 Months.

I am from Malta and would like to go to Thailand for 6 months, can you tell me how should I proceed with regards to Visa? I will be working on my own web projects so I don't need any work permit, just want to be able to stay there and visit places within Thailand, possibly to nearby countries as well.

Apply at the Thai consulate for a tourist visa valid for two entries into Thailand within six months from the issue date of the visa. On each arrival in Thailand with this visa you will receive permission to stay for 60 days and if desired you can extend this period by 30 days at any immigration office in Thailand.

Apply at the Thai consulate for a tourist visa valid for two entries into Thailand within six months from the issue date of the visa. On each arrival in Thailand with this visa you will receive permission to stay for 60 days and if desired you can extend this period by 30 days at any immigration office in Thailand.

Maestro after you get a tourist visa from a Consulate, I am assuming the 60 days

does not actually start until you get stamped at the border upon entry into Thailand and it's actually activated?

if I am right about this then thow long do you have to activate it ?

The sixty day stay starts on arrival but the visa itself will have a use before date of 3 or 6 months from date of issue and all entries must have been made before that date (although you can stay/extend beyond it).

The sixty day stay starts on arrival but the visa itself will have a use before date of 3 or 6 months from date of issue and all entries must have been made before that date (although you can stay/extend beyond it).

thanks

So if you dont "arrive " at the Thai border until say one month after the date

of issue, you can still get 60+30 +60+30 ?

thanks

So if you dont "arrive " at the Thai border until say one month after the date

of issue, you can still get 60+30 +60+30 ?

It depends on the Use by Date

Provided the visa is still valid when you enter the second time, the answer is yes.

Most times a duble entry visa is valid for 6 months, but some consulates only give a validity of 3 months!

i will be going to the consulate in Savannakhet where reports have been favourable about getting

a double entry visa so i assumed it would be a six month validity ?

Visa will be valid for 3 months - which is the case at most Consulates in Asia so if immediate entry your first 30 day extension may have to be cut a day or two short. Just be sure to make second trip in before the visa expires.