Pheu Thai MP For Udon Thani In Bunfight With Key Red Shirt

webfact

MAYORAL ELECTION

Pheu Thai MP for Udon Thani in bunfight with key red shirt

The Nation

30182612-01_big.jpg

Kwanchai

UDON THANI: -- A Pheu Thai MP for Udon Thani has blamed Kwanchai Praipana, a local red-shirt leader, for the party being defeated in Udon Thani's mayoral election.

Lt Colonel Surathin Pimanmekin also confirmed that his daughter would still run in the election to be president of Udon's provincial administrative organisation (PAO).

Competition for the post of president of the PAO in Udon Thani started to heat up after Surathin sent his daughter Kiratikan to contest the election as Pheu Thai already had Vichien Khaokham as its candidate.Surathin said he sent his daughter to contest the ballot as Vichien has been helped in his campaign by Kwanchai, who he blamed for causing the party to be defeated in the poll for Udon Thani mayor.

He said the reason for the "tragic" defeat was that Kwanchai was a boastful person and many people didn't like him, so when he helped the campaign for the party in the mayoral election, the party lost.

"That why I helped the party by sending my daughter to contest this election, so people who want to vote for Pheu Thai but don't like Kwanchai, can vote for my daughter instead of rival competitors," Surathin said.

But Justice Minister Pracha Promnok said losing the mayoral election in Udon Thani was a normal thing. "I am sure that many people still support Vichien, and with Surathin's daughter joining the election, maybe she is willing to run by herself."

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-05-23

I wonder if, as youngsters, Thai people really let there hair down and have a 'bun fight' :D

It seems the journo's recently have been studying the comic talent of the 'Sun' in the Uk for their headline strategy.

• Like 2

Oh', The disunity. Seems thats the way the cookie will crumble. Maybe that covicted criminal and fugitive from justice should form a new political party with the club, the 111 barred politician, then call an election. He could call it the Thai Rak Thaskin party,(TRT). Are there any rules about a fugitive being PM from exile?

I wonder if, as youngsters, Thai people really let there hair down and have a 'bun fight' biggrin.png

It seems the journo's recently have been studying the comic talent of the 'Sun' in the Uk for their headline strategy.

I wish they's put bunfight as "bunfight" as I was genuinely expecting a literal bunfight with bakery items flying over the shop. I'm not kidding and have reason to when you consider I use that PAD bloke in his car being driven 300kms on the back of the transporter to the cop shop as my litmus test of what's weird in LOS politics or not.

I wonder if, as youngsters, Thai people really let there hair down and have a 'bun fight' biggrin.png

I wish they's put bunfight as "bunfight" as I was genuinely expecting a literal bunfight with bakery items flying over the shop. I'm not kidding and have reason to when you consider I use that PAD bloke in his car being driven 300kms on the back of the transporter to the cop shop as my litmus test of what's weird in LOS politics or not.

Me too so disappointed. Not a single cream eclair being thrown in anger!!

• Like 1

Oh', The disunity. Seems thats the way the cookie will crumble. Maybe that covicted criminal and fugitive from justice should form a new political party with the club, the 111 barred politician, then call an election. He could call it the Thai Rak Thaskin party,(TRT). Are there any rules about a fugitive being PM from exile?

Can't help but enjoy watching the cannibals eat their own.

I think this is a bit above the Sun's standard.

"That why I helped the party by sending my daughter to contest this election, so people who want to vote for Pheu Thai but don't like Kwanchai, can vote for my daughter instead of rival competitors," Surathin said.

One is led to speculate that there might be some sort of (Heaven forbid) financial inducement or material gain of a non financial description thus the election of a competitor might possibly affect someones personal private income or entitlement to other non financial benefits ?

money-down-the-drain.jpg

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

Me too so disappointed. Not a single cream eclair being thrown in anger!!

"Now Kiratikan ran between them and tried to keep them apart,

And Surathin, he pushed her aside and a rock cake caught him underneath his heart.

And he looked up in pained surprise and the concrete hardened crust,

Of a stale pork pie caught him in the eye and Surathin bit the dust".

http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/e/erniethefastestmilkmaninthewest.shtml

• Like 2