Alleged Bangkok Cop Killer Blames Rage

webfact

Alleged cop killer blames rage

The Nation

30182603-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A 21-year-old Thai man arrested for allegedly killing a Bangkok police officer has allegedly said he got enraged after being scolded by the officer, so he pulled out a gun and shot him dead.

Suspect Panupol Thamma-ut, who allegedly shot Senior Sgt-Major Prathin Chanhom, 44, in front of a pub at the mouth of Soi Lat Phrao 83 at 3am on Monday, was arrested in Chon Buri's Bang Saen area.

Witnesses told police Prathin and a friend were talking in the pub's parking lot when a car loudly accelerated past twice before stopping near Prathin and gunning the engine. This prompted Prathin to scold him for causing a disturbance. The driver then got out, fired his gun skywards once then shot Prathin before speeding away, witnesses said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-05-23

Why? If not, is it still ok to carry a gun and shoot another person in an argument?

I meant I would have thought the guy would be more likely to shoot a "civilian" who admonished him than have a death wish by shooting a cop in uniform.

Edited by mca

Nice red shirt.

Congratulations OzMick you've won our all expenses paid trip to Bonanza Resort Khao Yai for bringing a slight political reference into a completely unrelated topic! Your chaffeur driven etan awaits! biggrin.png

• Like 1

Looks like he may have been wearing civvies at the time.

I don't think that 's him lying on the ground.biggrin.png

laugh.png Shit he's still alive! Case dismissed.

Although in Thailand I wouldn;t put it past the police to frame someone for the murder of a bloke who's still living and breathing..

Edited by mca

Nice red shirt.

Congratulations OzMick you've won our all expenses paid trip to Bonanza Resort Khao Yai for bringing a slight political reference into a completely unrelated topic! Your chaffeur driven etan awaits! biggrin.png

political reference??

Nice red shirt.

political reference??

Don't come the raw prawn, Old Moit!

Nice red shirt.

political reference??

Well a person might well come to the reasonable conclusion that, given your posting stance on TVF, you were intimating that the guy was wearing a red shirt therefore he must be a "red shirt" therefore more than likely in the eyes of some be able to gun people down in cold blood, eat newborn babies, worry sheep etc.

Of course an alternative conclusion would be that by posting "nice red shirt" you're the sort of geezer who wanders round in slippers and a dressing gown in public going " pretty birdie" or "lovely flowers" biggrin.png

Forgive me, I get puckish as well as peckish in the morning.

• Like 2

This prompted Prathin to scold him for causing a disturbance.

Likely there's more to this story than reported. sad.png

or it could be as reported, an off duty police man scolds some retard for wheel spinning round a car park at 3am and the retard pulls out a gun and shoots him. Why do so many people on this forum always think there is more to the story.

Why don't you give us your version of what you think happened?

• Like 1

or it could be as reported, an off duty police man scolds some retard for wheel spinning round a car park at 3am and the retard pulls out a gun and shoots him. Why do so many people on this forum always think there is more to the story.

I have no version of what happened Carra. But I do doubt that the event is reported in its enterity by the cops as usual.

I have no version of what happened Carra. But I do doubt that the event is reported in its enterity by the cops as usual.

It is not possible to report things in their entirety though mate, we always get a brief report, as long as the general report is accurate in so much as reporting what happened. The offender in this matter has said why he shot him so we can also assume that the report is accurate in so much as it was some hot shot that didn't like being told off, with all the maturity of a young cheese, and decided to shoot someone over what is a trivial matter. It doesn't seem like there is some hidden agenda or previous relationship between the two based on the admittance so I doubt there is more to this than meets the eye.

there's always more... wink.png

There is always more, seldom gets to see the light of day though.

(there will now follow dozens of speculative posts because of that)

• Like 1

There's always more... and we can all speculate, imagine, guess, believe, assert, accuse, deny, defend, rebut, praise, condemn, consider, dismiss, empathize, dam_n, and debate interminably, and if experience is any indicator, generate considerable heat while shedding little light. But that's what we're all here for, I guess... biggrin.png

• Like 1

Usually cop killers end up dead with a pocket full of ya ba.

Keep an eye on what happens.

Depends on who you're related to. If this guy is a nobody he'll probably end up dead or wishing he he was.

hehehe kind of a typical male who has way to much Testoeterone and a feeble brain to control his desire to act out. He will be wanting amnesty as it was in fact a political statement to kill a cop who asked him to calm down and to take his demonstration else where