Malaysian Visa Run Help Required

I am scheduled to do my first Visa run early next month as I currently waiting for my work permit. I have looked at using the train into Cambodia and decided it was too much faffing about and have opted for a flight into Malaysia.

My question is this, can I fly out and return the same day or will I need to spend the night in KL ?

Many thanks

Are going to get a visa in KL?

Or do you already have a visa or plan on getting a 30 day visa exempt entry when you return? In this case which is called a border run you do not have to stay overnight

Edited by ubonjoe

Are going to get a visa in KL?

Or do you already have a visa or plan on getting a 30 day visa exempt entry when you return? In this case which is called a border run you do not have to stay overnight

I have a multiple entry visa and this will be my last two month run.

I take it I can fly out and return the same day?

• 2 weeks later...

What documents are required to apply for a one year visa in Malaysia? Married to Thai, two kids.

Kids birth certificates

Marriage certificate

Copy of wife's id

Copy of my passport

Any money requirements?

Thanks (just realised that my visa expires tomorrow, so trying to sort something quick!)

Mick

You can visit immigraiton today and get a 60 day extension, giving you somewhat more time, with above documents and household registration book and wife (and children).

KL will issue a 1 year non-O if you can show 100,000 in the bank, if you go to Savanakhet no money is required for a 1 year non-O.

Next to the household registration a small note from the misses to ask for a visa for you never hurts.