Nigerian Man Arrested In Bangkok For Heroin Trafficking

webfact

The way most Thai people speaks never seize to amaze me,they speak as if Thais are not in foreign countries committing different crimes,does that make all Thai bad? NO? In this 21st century,so long as your country has Embassy in a country means they want citizens of that country to come to their country,if not your country will not have Embassy in that country that gives them VISA.

Nigerians and Africans are NOT commiting the kind of Crimes been commited in our Country by Farangs,europeans,american,australians,Russians,some africans may commit 2% of crime,but westerners are commiting 65% of crimes in our Beloved Thailand yet we intend to over look them,because we think they are helping our economy,even when a 75 year old man is having sex with our Thai daughter who is 18,we accept this as normal.

I went to Russia, i met so many Thai Prostitutes i was ashamed to identify myself as Thai Citizen,yet Russians do not call all Thais prostitutes, the same goes to any nation, there are bad and good people in all countries, let us use our intelligent when speaking,and not Generalise a country as BAD due to some few who did wrong.

Most of us think Nigeria is a poor nation,not knowing they are Richer than Thailand in everywhere,you may then ask why are they here,they answer is why are Americans,and europeans Here??? Who are also better than Us???

• Like 2

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The suspect was initially charged with possession of shit for sale." giggle.gif

-mel.

MESSY subject, he must have been all of a FLUSH when he had to sit on the STOOL and confess, If a woman was involved in the tip off-he should SEWER, to produce for the bib did he sing-one two three o'clock four o'clock PLOP. sorr for BOGGING you posters down and talking SHIZEN.cheesy.gif

laughing at yer own jokes is usually the first indicator that you aint funny

The way most Thai people speaks never seize to amaze me,they speak as if Thais are not in foreign countries committing different crimes,does that make all Thai bad? NO? In this 21st century,so long as your country has Embassy in a country means they want citizens of that country to come to their country,if not your country will not have Embassy in that country that gives them VISA.

Nigerians and Africans are NOT commiting the kind of Crimes been commited in our Country by Farangs,europeans,american,australians,Russians,some africans may commit 2% of crime,but westerners are commiting 65% of crimes in our Beloved Thailand yet we intend to over look them,because we think they are helping our economy,even when a 75 year old man is having sex with our Thai daughter who is 18,we accept this as normal.

I went to Russia, i met so many Thai Prostitutes i was ashamed to identify myself as Thai Citizen,yet Russians do not call all Thais prostitutes, the same goes to any nation, there are bad and good people in all countries, let us use our intelligent when speaking,and not Generalise a country as BAD due to some few who did wrong.

Most of us think Nigeria is a poor nation,not knowing they are Richer than Thailand in everywhere,you may then ask why are they here,they answer is why are Americans,and europeans Here??? Who are also better than Us???

What is the percentage (including non passport/non visa holders) of Africans among the entire foreign population? What is the percentage of African prisoners among Africans in Thailand? Westerners committing 65% of crimes in Thailand? I think you`re following the blinkered official BS line of Thai good, farang bad. Thailand is no different from any other country in that most of the criminals are home grown and most of those crimes are committed by nationals of Thailand. That`s not racist to say so by the way.
  • Like 1

This guy isn't accused of murdering, maiming, or raping anyone. Not even accused of beating anyone up or stealing anything from anyone.

There's a good chance he'll be executed for his $330 paycheck.

Stupid, yes. But deserving of the bile being spewed at him and of being executed (or spending the rest of his life in a Thai prison)?

Yes.

me

A tip off, a Nigerian, one and a half keys of heroin, Pakistani involvement. All the makings of top Thai news. No Thais involved! That's the big story. Thais are rarely if ever involved in this low life, bottom feeding, drug trade activity. If they do find a random Thai, it's small quantities, it's a mule, never a Mr. Big, and the story disappears quickly. This was a disappointing arrest for Thai police since no "cash" was involved.

Are you kidding me? How long have you been in Thailand? He obviously forgot to make his payment to the BIB. They got their cash, trust me. The cops just split it up amongst themselves before he was taken to jail. How else are they gonna make they're mercedes payment.

Makes for an interesting point. What percent of a ethnic group committing crimes is considered acceptable ?? If that group's crime rates is equal to the crime rate of society at large, no problem. If 100% of that group is involved in crime, time to rethink visa policy which Thailand actually has done in the past regarding the Nigerian problem. For the USA blacks make up 35.4 percent of the prison population, while representing less than 10 % of the population.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5009270&page=1#.T720Sc0eVac

Would be curious to see the crime rate for Nigerians versus the amount of visas issued. In any event I am surprised to see the Thai government allow an important area of Bangkok be in essence ghettoized. I suggest nightly police sweeps down soi 3...... :-)

• Like 1

"The suspect was initially charged with possession of shit for sale." giggle.gif

-mel.

MESSY subject, he must have been all of a FLUSH when he had to sit on the STOOL and confess, If a woman was involved in the tip off-he should SEWER, to produce for the bib did he sing-one two three o'clock four o'clock PLOP. sorr for BOGGING you posters down and talking SHIZEN.cheesy.gif

laughing at yer own jokes is usually the first indicator that you aint funny

Sorry but I didn't post it to the miserable people, just takes the edge off some too serious posts, smile sometimes, good for your health, this type of bending the words is what I class as funny. Do not give a fig about your attitude, but hope it made someone smile, if it did -then good.

What is the percentage (including non passport/non visa holders) of Africans among the entire foreign population? What is the percentage of African prisoners among Africans in Thailand? Westerners committing 65% of crimes in Thailand? I think you`re following the blinkered official BS line of Thai good, farang bad. Thailand is no different from any other country in that most of the criminals are home grown and most of those crimes are committed by nationals of Thailand. That`s not racist to say so by the way.

I am only replying base on how some people thinks only Africans in Thailand are commiting crime,other nationals are doing same too, so we should not generalise a continent or and country as Bad simply because of few bad ones tghat came from them.

• Like 1

Prejudice is everywhere. Some people would even seriously suggest that 65% of crime in Thailand is committed by westerners. I guess if 65% of the prison population is Western, that could be some evidence. Not sure if that is true, tho.

TOP 10 OF FOREIGN NATIONALS IN THAI PRISONS (2009)

1. Myanmar (3,787)

2. Lao (1,994)

3. Cambodia (1,445)

4. Malaysia (325)

5. China (252)

6. Singapore (115)

7. Nigeria (94)

8. Taiwan (91)

9. Vietnam (85)

10. Ghana (65)

1st November 2011: Prison Population – 252,044 (men 215,920 and women 35,124).

Edited by Reasonableman
  • Like 2

Makes for an interesting point. What percent of a ethnic group committing crimes is considered acceptable ?? If that group's crime rates is equal to the crime rate of society at large, no problem. If 100% of that group is involved in crime, time to rethink visa policy which Thailand actually has done in the past regarding the Nigerian problem. For the USA blacks make up 35.4 percent of the prison population, while representing less than 10 % of the population.

http://abcnews.go.co...=1#.T720Sc0eVac

Would be curious to see the crime rate for Nigerians versus the amount of visas issued. In any event I am surprised to see the Thai government allow an important area of Bangkok be in essence ghettoized. I suggest nightly police sweeps down soi 3...... :-)

Are you saying there are no other nationals commiting more dangerous crimes in Thailand than Nigerians? I am not a Nigerian,i am only against generalising an entire people as BAD because of few bad ones,note this well.

I'm afraid you seem a little mixed up and your post begs a response.

I wonder how many Russians are ashamed to identify themselves as Russian citizens in Thailand? There seem to be a fair number of Russian girls "working" here but most Russians I come across seem fairly proud of their nationality, certainly not apologetic.

You fail to recognise that there are far more Thai girls "working" in Thailand than any foreign lands, I would have thought you'd feel more ashamed by the prolific prostitution in your own country than others, after all this is where they are learning the tricks of their trade.

As for your rant about every nationality other than Africans or Thais being responsible for crime in Thailand you clearly are deluded; if you're talking about prostitution, more Thai men use working girls in Thailand than any foreign nationality. As for your "statistics", well let's face it you're talking complete BS and you haven't even tried to back up your wildly inaccurate claims.

I'm sorry but it's an inconvenient truth that Nigerians living abroad have a very bad reputation for involvement with illegal activities; probably down to a mix of economic and social factors. There are 3 threads running currently about Nigerians on drug charges in Thailand; it would be interesting to know exactly how many Nigerians living in Thailand have valid work permits compared to say English or Americans, and then compare that with the numbers charged with crimes...

If recent events are any indication, I'd hazard a guess that there are actually more Nigerians facing charges here than there are with valid work permits. While I'm sure there are a fair number of Yanks and Brits facing charges here, I'll bet that number pales into insignificance compared to the number here working legally, paying taxes and contributing to Thai society...

Edited by Ferangled
  • Like 2

I am only replying base on how some people thinks only Africans in Thailand are commiting crime,other nationals are doing same too, so we should not generalise a continent or and country as Bad simply because of few bad ones tghat came from them.

Sorry but I really don't think anyone has suggested that, clearly Thais commit more crime in Thailand than any other nationality, as is the case with virtually every country the world over; their own citizens are responsible for more domestic crime than any foreigners. The interesting point is as a percentage of any nationality in any given country, what nationalities are most disposed to crime?

• Like 1

Are you saying there are no other nationals commiting more dangerous crimes in Thailand than Nigerians? I am not a Nigerian,i am only against generalising an entire people as BAD because of few bad ones,note this well.

Reread my post , it is all about percentages, and what the norm is. You are correct, if one out of 10,000 Nigerians routinely committed crimes, it would be unfair to paint them all with the same brush. If 100% of Nigerians visa holders committed crimes, the problem needs to be addressed.

• Like 1

In every country of the world,there is a Government,and Law governing that country,and the government are so kind to build prisons for those that might break the law of that country,they are sent there,just as God created this prison called the material world for the living entities who are not following His Divine instructions to live here and suffer.

The best thing is for one to draw closer to God,have the fear of God and live an upright life in peace with everyone.

Reread my post , it is all about percentages, and what the norm is. You are correct, if one out of 10,000 Nigerians routinely committed crimes, it would be unfair to paint them all with the same brush. If 100% of Nigerians visa holders committed crimes, the problem needs to be addressed.

Your right, i agree with you,but then the question is is it 100% of Nigerians that are commiting crime?

Prejudice is everywhere. Some people would even seriously suggest that 65% of crime in Thailand is committed by westerners. I guess if 65% of the prison population is Western, that could be some evidence. Not sure if that is true, tho.

1. Myanmar (3,787)

2. Lao (1,994)

3. Cambodia (1,445)

4. Malaysia (325)

5. China (252)

6. Singapore (115)

7. Nigeria (94)

8. Taiwan (91)

9. Vietnam (85)

10. Ghana (65)

1st November 2011: Prison Population – 252,044 (men 215,920 and women 35,124). The 144 prisons in Thailand only have a capacity for 105,748 prisoners based on regulations that each inmate has 2.25 square metres of space in a cell.

Half of the ones in the clink, are from the top of the tree in tourism numbers. and the ones that are non Asian are African.

1. Myanmar (3,787)

2. Lao (1,994)

3. Cambodia (1,445)

4. Malaysia (325)

5. China (252)

6. Singapore (115)

7. Nigeria (94)

8. Taiwan (91)

9. Vietnam (85)

10. Ghana (65)

Interesting to note that every country listed in this "top ten" bar Nigeria and Ghana are countries in very close proximity to Thailand... does anyone have figures for visa numbers granted for these same nationalities during the same year?

TABLE 16.2 NUMBER OF INTERNATIONAL TOURIST ARRIVALS OF TOP TEN

TO THAILAND BY COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE: 2007

1,551,959 Malaysia

1,248,700 Japan

1,075,516 Korea

1,003,141 China

799,100 Singapore

746,422 United Kingdom

638,126 Australia

623,638 U.S.A.

537,200 Germany

521,062 Laos

As close as I can find at the moment, no statistics for Nigeria or Ghana and this is 2007 not 2009. I know this leaves a lot to be desired in terms of accurate evaluation of statistics; we'd really need dates of convictions to compare against arrivals, figures for the appropriate years etc but the trend is fairly clear here; certain nationalities just seem to be more disposed to crime than others.

Note that Nigeria, Ghana, Taiwan & Vietnam appear on the top ten list of dubious honour but are not amongst the top ten in arrivals...

Clearly there are many more factors to consider; The Burmese for example are regularly treated as sub human in Thailand and seem to be devoid of basic human rights even if living and working here legally. It doesn't surprise me that they top the list of foreign nationals in prison; they barely need to fart to be convicted of a crime in Thailand but serve as useful cheap labour to prevent locals having to engage in hard manual labour...

Edited by Ferangled
  • Like 1

1. Myanmar (3,787)

2. Lao (1,994)

3. Cambodia (1,445)

4. Malaysia (325)

5. China (252)

6. Singapore (115)

7. Nigeria (94)

8. Taiwan (91)

9. Vietnam (85)

10. Ghana (65)

Interesting to note that every country listed in this "top ten" bar Nigeria and Ghana are countries in very close proximity to Thailand... does anyone have figures for visa numbers granted for these same nationalities during the same year?

Good point, but in a country where you can in essence buy your freedom, looking at the ethnic breakdown of the prison population may not be an accurate representation of the crimes committed at large. Poorest country ? Burma. Largest number of foreign people in Thai prison? Burma.

Odd as Burmese people are some of the nicest and smartest people I have met here. Maybe they are construction workers arrested just before payday.cheesy.gif

1. Myanmar (3,787)

2. Lao (1,994)

3. Cambodia (1,445)

4. Malaysia (325)

5. China (252)

6. Singapore (115)

7. Nigeria (94)

8. Taiwan (91)

9. Vietnam (85)

10. Ghana (65)

Good point, but in a country where you can in essence buy your freedom, looking at the ethnic breakdown of the prison population may not be an accurate representation of the crimes committed at large. Poorest country ? Burma. Largest number of foreign people in Thai prison? Burma.

Odd as Burmese people are some of the nicest and smartest people I have met here. Maybe they are construction workers arrested just before payday.cheesy.gif

Totally agree, please see my other post!

I also sincerely doubt that the arrival figures for neighbouring countries are that accurate, especially for the Burmese, who have been known to come in "unannounced" by boat... I won't comment on the treatment of these marine border crossings when caught by the Thai authorities, that's a whole different thread...

Edited by Ferangled

For the USA blacks make up 35.4 percent of the prison population, while representing less than 10 % of the population.

... but in a country where you can in essence buy your freedom, looking at the ethnic breakdown of the prison population may not be an accurate representation of the crimes committed at large. Poorest country ? Burma. Largest number of foreign people in Thai prison? Burma.

Odd as Burmese people are some of the nicest and smartest people I have met here. Maybe they are construction workers arrested just before payday.

If the first OJ trial taught us anything, it's that justice is for sale in the USA as well. It's not so much about color or ethnicity as the quality of the lawyer you can afford to hire.

http://www.artonissues.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/March-2011-Unemployment-by-Race-300x205.jpg

There's probably some correlation between unemployment rate and likelihood of committing crimes, if only to eat.

And there's probably some correlation between having a job and getting a decent lawyer to keep you out of jail- innocent or guilty.

And there's some correlation between having a job, what kind of cocaine you can afford and the penalties for getting caught with that type of cocaine.

Not saying it's that simple, it's not. There's a myriad of factors to explain the "statistics" that people use to paint one group as better or worse than others. Ya gotta dig deeper to understand the stats.

1. Myanmar (3,787)

2. Lao (1,994)

3. Cambodia (1,445)

4. Malaysia (325)

5. China (252)

6. Singapore (115)

7. Nigeria (94)

8. Taiwan (91)

9. Vietnam (85)

10. Ghana (65)

Totally agree, please see my other post!

I also sincerely doubt that the arrival figures for neighbouring countries are that accurate, especially for the Burmese, who have been known to come in "unannounced" by boat... I won't comment on the treatment of these marine border crossings when caught by the Thai authorities, that's a whole different thread...

Do not worry,by 2015 when there will be no more borders in ASEAN countries we shall see who will laugh best

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, what a lot of rubbish!!!

The reason to have embassies in other countries, is not because they want citizens of that country but more to have the country represented abroad, to promote and deal with political and economical interests and issues. Dealing with immigration, new passports or all the other issues we foreigners have, is the smallest part of the work embassies or consulates do. Many countries use private PR companies to deal with tourist and expat issues.

Then, I really wonder, where did you get that figure of 65% of crimes being committed by foreigners from? Yingluck?

Furthermore, where did you get your fact from, that Nigeria is richer then Thailand? Although they have a lot more oil reserves then Thailand, the GDP is about twice as high and the GDP per Capita is about 6 times higher in Thailand then Nigeria. The only thing Nigeria is higher then Thailand is Software Piracy (5% more than Thailand), Murder (approx 95% more than Thailand) and unpaid diplomatic parking fines (139% more than Thailand).

So, a lot of unsubstantiated ranting and dealing in a very casual way with the truth. Get your facts right, otherwise you sound just like Thai politicians - uneducated, unbelievable and a joke.

• Like 2

1. Myanmar (3,787)

2. Lao (1,994)

3. Cambodia (1,445)

4. Malaysia (325)

5. China (252)

6. Singapore (115)

7. Nigeria (94)

8. Taiwan (91)

9. Vietnam (85)

10. Ghana (65)

According to the International Center for Prison Studies and data from the National Prison Administration, there where 231'066 detainees in Thai prisons (including pre-trial detainees / remand detainees) on the 01.03.2012.

In mid 2010 the number was 200280 detainees. Of them, 5.7% were foreigners.

Take away those top ten foreign nationals you mention, (8263, which are either Asian or Africans), detainees from the rest of the world represent just about 1.6% off all detainees in Thai prisons.

Now I wonder, how many of those 3153 (Brits, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Swiss, Swedish, Finns, Dutch, N. & S. Americans, Canadians,Australians, Russians, Japanese, bla, bla, bla, bla ........... - well, the rest of the worlds detainees in Thailand) are detained because of overstay or small offences?

Next would be to find out, how many of those are tourists or Ky Nok's?

For sure, crimes committed by foreigners in Thailand must be just a fraction of the crimes committed to foreigners whilst in Thailand and if all the known jet-ski, motor-bike, tuck-tuck, taxi driver scamers would be arrested, prison over population would rose from 194% to - well, a lot more ;-) and the percentage of foreign detainees would look a lot more favourable too

• Like 1

a point that so many posting have failed to point out IMO is that if a farang has a problem verses a thai in thailald , how often will a judgment/payment be in favour of the farang ?...........i recon 98% of the time the thai will be awarded a sum from the farang by the BIB and they will also get their usual tea money % from the completely innocent thai victim{not} ............. very rarely im afraid, if it the same offence/situation were to happen in the west i feel pretty confident a fair judgement would be accomplished but not here ..............TIT ! .

DOH ! blink.png

Simple curiosity. How this guys can stay in Thailand ? I mean what kind of visa do they most have? How can they enter the country and do what they do here?

I've visited Sukumvit soi 3 and 5 looking for a lebanese restaurant last week and had the impression being in a bad area of Bronx....

It's simply a question of paying a few thousand baht (rarely over 5,000) in their home country in Africa to an "agent" who can then secure a Thai visa, even a one-year education visa, for any of these West African guys. A lot of them have actually been here for 3 years on an ED visa which they have extended twice. Remember that Nigeria is the spiritual home of the 419 scam. If you think these guys can't get hold of a "legitimate" long-term visa for Thailand, you're clearly underestimating their intelligence and cunning. That said, as long as you don't mess with them, or be stupid enough to actually buy what they're selling, they will never give you a problem.

Nigeria is not the spiritual home of the 419 scam, but it was perfected there, Britain is the spiritual home of 419...til date most of the stolen money find their way to britain.

swallowing and then purging it when meeting with trade partners

Interesting business meeting that. rolleyes.gifbah.gif

Note to self, don't buy cocaine from Nigerians. sick.gif

And most of the cocaine you buy in thailand..how do you think they are brought in?

disagree with your first point.

what ("farang" as u call us)nationality has most people in thai prisons?(non thai/S.E Asian)= nigeria

and yet u say white people are commiting more crime. doesnt work out does it?

all u have to do is look at the statistics and u can clearly see that your very wrong,

Edited by Rimmer
  • Like 1