Lesbian Hangouts

c_bangkok

......I do remember a couple of weeks ago there was a supplement that came with the Bangkok post (magazine type thing but not glossy). In that was an article about a woman who had opened a bar for laydeez only. I am sure that there must be a couple laying arund somewhere. Good luck.

///edited to omit what may have been very offensive. PB///

• 2 weeks later...
Fridae mentioned a lesbian sauna!!!!! See this

She Relax Corner

The first sauna for lesbians in Thailand, possibly the whole of Asia.The restaurant area is open at lunchtime to the general public for buffet lunch. Following which, it closes at 2pm only to re-open between 7pm to midnight strictly for women only on a daily basis. Entrance fee costs some 200 baht (approx US$5). Directions: Take skytrain to Ari station, walk straight ahead for some 15 minutes to Paholyothin Soi 12 and down the 'soi' (lane) for 15 metres.

:o

I'm assuming we are talking about Bangkok here? So, has anyone tried it out yet? Any reports about service and prices (besides the entrance fee) would be appreciated...

• 4 weeks later...

so what about chiang mai? any ideas? i'd be most grateful. cheers, dana

i googled and found 1

La Femme Fatale

Chiang Mai's very first and only lesbian bar where everyone is welcome to the downstairs area but a special secluded lesbians-only lounge upstairs attracts like minded women. 7 p.m. ? 1 a.m. 412/16 Chang Klan Road., Chiang Mai Land 053 204738, 017654697

:o:D Hi Bambin, Can a super curious man get a guest pass during those special hours. I will be quiet

i googled and found 1

La Femme Fatale

Chiang Mai's very first and only lesbian bar where everyone is welcome to the downstairs area but a special secluded lesbians-only lounge upstairs attracts like minded women. 7 p.m. ? 1 a.m. 412/16 Chang Klan Road., Chiang Mai Land 053 204738, 017654697

:o:D Hi Bambin, Can a super curious man get a guest pass during those special hours. I will be quiet

As long as you're willing to have the operation first :D

i googled and found 1

La Femme Fatale

:o:D Hi Bambin, Can a super curious man get a guest pass during those special

hours. I will be quiet

As long as you're willing to have the operation first :D

I like you humor but sorry can't do that. I am a true man at heart and can't change that. Love women for what they are though and highly appreciate our differances and uniqueness. Very open minded and like to appreciate all of lifes variations.

Have a few close friend who are bi but havent approached them on this due to no idea if it would hurt relations.

What do you think. :D

I'm a gay man so I can't really answer for lesbian opinion but I suspect that they wouldn't be overjoyed. They're lesbians because they like women and I suspect that offering entertainment to a straight bloke wouldn't be top of their list of fun things to do. I may be wrong - I often am. :o

Hey Endure, that's a catchy phrase: "I may be wrong; I often am." Maybe I'll use that for my signature. :o

I also, as a gay male, can't speak for lesbians. To turn the picture around, I can't imagine that a woman would enjoy watching two gay men have sex. Or, that the two gay men would invite a straight woman to watch them! So, I don't know why two lesbians would enjoy being watched by a straight man. I understand that a few lesbians (not bisexual females) want to be left alone, together, to do what they want without being watched.

• 2 weeks later...

AHH! Why so many men on what I thought to be a lesbian area? This is meant to be a blog to help out lesbians new to Bangkok, men, you're cute, but the whole rest of the gay section is devoted to you.

When you move to Thailand, farangs, as I did, it's going to appear gay gay gay. When you read a guide book, gay and lesbian is going to mean gay gay gay. And when you go to a gay lesbian hangout, the crowd is going to be gay gay gay.

Being a lesbian in Thailand is different then other places. Sure you might be able to pick up a girl and spend a night with her, but if she's Thai and that easy then she'll probably do it for men to.

Real Thai lesbians are in packs, like wolves. Luckily, I'm in one of those packs, but you need to make a tom or dee friend to be included. You can try to find a dee, but this will mean you have to be the tom all the time. For those who don't know, a Thai tom is like a stone butch. They are woman who appear to completely think of themselves as men, except they don't, but if you're used to sex being reciprocal, that'll have to change. Dees get it, toms give it, and if it goes both ways you either keep it extremely under wraps or put yourself up to be ostracized by Thais.

Upon moving to Thailand I was like a Thai tom. I have short hair, go to the gym daily, and wear business suits with black Manolo Blahniks. Then I met a tom and we went to her place and slept together. I liked her, so I became the dee. Tom-tom or dee-dee relationships are unheard of.

We've had the relationship for almost two years, and I got extremely luck with the fact she can speak on philosophical topics and reads books, but again, I got lucky. I also continue to dress kind of butch, but since I'm a farang my friends just think it's how foreign dees are.

It would be great if there were a group of farang women who lived in Bangkok and wanted to get together at a fine restaurant once a month or so, just to converse and make some friends. I go out with my Thai lesbian friends all the time, but we are very much a clique, in the sense that everybody is between 35 and 50 (aside from myself and one other dee) and has known each other for a long time; new additions to our group are rare. If there was some sort of group made up of single or coupled farang women who'd want to sit and have some wine at Paragon or somewhere in the business district, more of a for-conversation-and-good-food thing than for sex, that'd be a good idea.

If you are just arriving/visiting in Thailand, and you are a farang lesbian, just don't get to caught up in your sexuality and enjoy Thailand for the things it has to offer everyone. If you want to go to a club, check out a place like Zeta, but realize that most everyone inside is there with a friend or two. Toms are pretty easy to spot out, so you can ask a tom you see at a local shop or wherever if she has some single dee friends, and get their cell numbers.

On TV you might see toms too, but dees are hard to distinguish. A famous Thai tom is P'Top, who must be 50 by now and has dyed-blonde/orange short spikey hair. Another famous hi-so tom is a friend of mine named P'Noy. If you're a good looking dee, and you meet a well-off tom, you're set. Thai tom-dee relationships are not about sex, mainly, but having a girlfriend.

Good Luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys...im new here, nice to meet u guys. Im thai lesbian woman (2ways). :D Im 30 yrs old now... :o You can call me 'pikkie' (my thai name is quite difficult for u guys to pronounce).

I have ever been Zeta (RCA) few times. It is nice place...(if u dont mind abt the music 555). But i think if u r music lover, Shela is quite a good choice. I have been there once...it is nice.

Hope we will hang out sometimes... Bye for now...

"Even the ladies are coming out of the clubbing closet. Traditionally ignored in Thailand, affluent young lesbians have found two new glam homes in the past few months: cozy Zeta, the first women-only bar with nightly live music; and Shela, a slick two-story space that is more grown-up by comparison but is pumping almost every night of the week"

http://www.outtraveler.com/features.asp?did=546

• 5 months later...

I have just read the message of c_Bangkok of many months ago. Lesbians in Thailand?!?!?

It aint easy! This comes from a word of a Thai lipstick lesbian (below 30 yrs old)!!

I do agree that dee-dee or tom-tom relationships are not thought to be common here in Thailand. You have to be one or another. To hang out with them is fine but if you would like to be with someone of the same kind, you might find it difficult as I do, unless you are lucky. Living in London for 4 years and moved back to Thailand last year, I feel like a foreigner in my own country and feel a bit strange to go out in the scene on my own which didnt happen to me when I was in London.

I was asked by Thai friends, who know that I am a lesbian, a question such "who is a woman and who is a man in the relationship I was in". I was always with femme looking women. The question got on my nerve a bit. Why cant we enjoy the accompany of someone who share preferences in the attitudes as well as the look?

As c_bangkok's advice, "that if you picked up a Thai girl easily, she ll probably do it for men too". I am not against the idea but please dont forget to leave out for minority too. :o

It would be lovely if we, who are new to lesbian scene in Thailand or new to Thailand, or those who are already in but want to meet new people could arrange to meet up for a drink and good conversation.

Keep posted!!

:D

Vev, many westerners and Thais also get confused about their own expectations of how gay men should pair up. They often expect a macho man to pair with a femme man (or with another macho man), or they assume one is a top exclusively, whilst his partner is always a bottom; or that they primarily practice anal sex more than oral. Nope, it doesn't always work like that.

I say let lesbians do whatever they want with other women, so long as everybody's happy.

She Relax Corner

The first sauna for lesbians in Thailand, possibly the whole of Asia.The restaurant area is open at lunchtime to the general public for buffet lunch. Following which, it closes at 2pm only to re-open between 7pm to midnight strictly for women only on a daily basis. Entrance fee costs some 200 baht (approx US$5). Directions: Take skytrain to Ari station, walk straight ahead for some 15 minutes to Paholyothin Soi 12 and down the 'soi' (lane) for 15 metres.

omg! can all girls go or only lesbians? I've been so jealous of gay men and their saunas forever (f* you Babylon!) please tell me all girls can go! :D

ps. I hope I'm not being rude or disrespectful -- I know sometimes people want to be "among their own", but I just really, really want to go to a sauna! :D

Edited by canadiangirl

She Relax Corner

omg! can all girls go or only lesbians? I've been so jealous of gay men and their saunas forever (f* you Babylon!) please tell me all girls can go! :D

ps. I hope I'm not being rude or disrespectful -- I know sometimes people want to be "among their own", but I just really, really want to go to a sauna! :D

For the massage, the steam bath or the happy ending. :D Sorry...just couldn't resist.

She Relax Corner

For the massage, the steam bath or the happy ending. :D Sorry...just couldn't resist.

wow!

• 11 months later...

Don't want to start a new thread but I wondered what you all thought. In the last year or so I have been questioning my sexuality. I am female and 'formerly' heterosexual but am wondering if in fact I have liked women all along. The more I remember incidents in the past the more realistic it seems! But I am scared!

Has anyone else had an experience like this?

Don't want to start a new thread but I wondered what you all thought. In the last year or so I have been questioning my sexuality. I am female and 'formerly' heterosexual but am wondering if in fact I have liked women all along. The more I remember incidents in the past the more realistic it seems! But I am scared!

Has anyone else had an experience like this?

When you say you're scared, do you mean scared of being bi/lesbian or do you mean scared of what people might think?

I'm happy to share experiences with you if you want to PM me.

Oh and on the topic of moving to the ladies forum, i'm sure that there are many lesbians that read this site, just because they don't post much doesn't mean theyr'e not there, i'd say that this is the right place for you. Would have been better to start a new thread though. :o

• 4 weeks later...

True story.

Twenty years ago, the German husband of my Thai sister-in-law opened a bar in Phuket. He was going to advertise the bar in Germany as a lesbian orientated bar.

It was only open six month before he had to shut it down due to a lack of business.

He never did understand why I laughed at the name he gave the bar.

It was called the Cockatoo Bar.

• 7 months later...

I've been to RCA's club Zeta and thought it was quite nice. It's very intiminating going into it though. I'm used to clubs back home where I can approach people easily and don't feel so awkward dancing. I don't know much Thai at all yet which is a big problem when it comes to meeting people and making new friends.

I'm a 23year old lipstick lesbian with no lesbian friends here which kind of sucks :o ...

Zeta at RCA.. (petchburi)

100% lesbian place

Thanks pop corn now I know why I got those go away far far away look when I got near the place ONCE!! :D I being somewhat od a hound was checking out three pretty Lassie entering the place. :D:D:o:D