Thai PM Yingluck To Visit Australia This Week

webfact

Thai PM to visit Australia this week

image_201205240917267CA264BF-A2C9-6978-D20B884EF918B8C1.jpg

BANGKOK, May 24 -- Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra will officially visit Australia May 26-29 to strengthen bilateral relations in the fields of trade, investment and educational development.

The visit, as a guest of Australian government, also marks 60 years of diplomatic relations between the two countries.

Accompanying the premier will be Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul, Commerce Minister Boonsong Teriyapirom, Education Minister Suchart Thada-Thamrongvech, Industry Minister Pongsawat Svasti and a group of Thai business executives.

The major purposes of the trip focus on building confidence among Australian investors and the business community in the Thai political and economic situation, to strengthen the two countries’ bilateral strategic partnership, particularly the investment in energy, food safety and security, and the exchange of information on science and technology.

The prime minister will also visit the Thai community in Australia to hear first-hand information on impediments to Thai restaurants in Australia to adjust Thailand's strategy of "Thai Kitchen to the World."

During the visit, the Thai premier will also hold bilateral talks with her Australian counterpart Ms Julia Gillard over a wide ranging agenda including bilateral cooperation on trade, investment, energy, science and technology and education.

International cooperation, particularly in regard to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), and the East Asia Summit, will also be included in the agenda.

The premiers will witness the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on education and see the exchange of a new generation of political leaders.

The visit will also help strengthen relations between Thai and Australian leaders as the last visit by a Thai premier was in 2004.

Thailand is an important regional partner for Australia. It is Australia’s ninth largest trading partner overall, and second largest in ASEAN, with two-way trade totaling nearly $20 billion in 2010-2011. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-05-24

Again!!?? What a joke. Just keeps on taking holidays.

Another 4 day holiday paid for by the tax-payers.

This lady keeps on avoiding being in Thailand.

Running away from her obligations.

I have never seen a leader that travels soo much.

Good luck Thailand with this "responsible" leader.

Hopefully she will fare better than the last time when interviewed, she was a world joke on Aussie T.V. That is if she will be interviewed again--she may skip this, like she is doing in Thailand-example parliament-as mentioned earlier. Another trip. I heard nothing further about the 300 going to Kenya, to observe wildlife management. same same but different. Stay here P.M. and do your work-attend meetings at government, and occasionally visit overseas.

"...agenda including bilateral cooperation on trade, investment, energy, science and technology and education."

I'm sure Yingluk could use some enlightenment on all of these subjects. At the same time she could give Julia a few pointers on vote buying, populist policies having a party militia, avoiding criminal charges, ripping flood donations,...........

• Like 1

The Australia government is paying not the Thai Government, they are all going as guest of the Australian Government, that is very clear in the article.

can they talk about important things like

1. why is Australian wine so expensive in Thailand?

2. why do i have to report every ninety days to immigration

3. why can Thai students work in Australia without a work permit

All overseas students can only work 20 hours a week not full time in Australia, other restriction also apply they do not get a free kick. I know because I empolyed them in my two Thai restaurants, students that is.

The Australia government is paying not the Thai Government, they are all going as guest of the Australian Government, that is very clear in the article.

Thank you for the clarification. I feel much better now.

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

Edited by Nickymaster

All overseas students can only work 20 hours a week not full time in Australia, other restriction also apply they do not get a free kick. I know because I empolyed them in my two Thai restaurants, students that is.

Working twenty hours a week is more than enough for most students!

THAI-AUSTRALIAN RELATIONS

Premier to strengthen ties with Australia on upcoming visit

The Nation

30182724-01_big.jpg

File photo

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra will make an official visit to Australia this week to boost mutual ties in the fields of trade, investment and educational development.

The three-day visit, starting this Saturday, at the invitation of Australian government, also marks 60 years of bilateral diplomatic relations.

A group of Thai business executives will accompany the premier. The major purposes of the trip include building confidence among Australian investors and the business community in the domestic political and economic situation, strengthening the bilateral strategic partnership, particularly investment in energy, food safety and security, and exchanging information on science and technology.

Yingluck will also meet the Thai community there to hear first-hand about impediments to Thai restaurants in Australia to adjust Thailand’s "Thai Kitchen to the World" strategy.

She will also hold bilateral talks with her Australian counterpart Julia Gillard on a wide-ranging agenda that includes bilateral cooperation on trade, investment, energy, science and technology and education.

International cooperation, particularly in regard to the Asean and the East Asia Summit, will also be on the agenda.

The premiers will witness the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on education and see the exchange of a new generation of political leaders.

The visit will help strengthen relations between Thai and Australian leaders, as the last visit by a Thai premier was in 2004.

Thailand is an important regional partner for Australia. It is Australia's ninth largest trading partner overall, and second largest in Asean, with two-way trade totalling nearly $20 billion in 2010-2011.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-05-24

Working twenty hours a week is more than enough for most students!

.....and PMs apparently.
  • Like 1

Even many Ozzies have trouble understanding Julia Gillard's broad Orstraylian accent! Can only wish the PM good luck with all that!

As she has trouble comprehending any level of English, I don't imagine that will make any difference.

• Like 2

Great News Yingluck and her posse are heading down under to chat to Juliar Gillard our Ranga PM, all on the aussie taxpayer. While here Yingluck we be a judge on My Thai restuarant rules, negotiate the sale of 20,000 construction workers and to chat a bit. We havent been this excited since Paris Hilton visitedcoffee1.gif

The visit... marks 60 years of diplomatic relations between the two countries.

But the first time a sitting Aussie PM had to deal with a true moron.

Accompanying the premier will be Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul...

Is that what he's doing these days?

The major purposes of the trip focus on exchange of information on science and technology.

"Floods are caused by water", says the Thai SciTech Minister.

The visit will also help strengthen relations between Thai and Australian leaders as the last visit by a Thai premier was in 2004.

Every PM has been afraid to leave since then. When they return from foreign trips, the airport's closed... or alive with protesters waiting to "greet" them.

It's so sadly and pathetically predictable.............

A PM is going to another country on State business.

This does happen.

Maybe it's noteworthy that the Australian Government obviously take her seriously.