Patong Beach Road..... Direction Change?

tolsti

Has anyone any recent news on the change of direction for Beach Rd, Patong ? There seems to be many rumours as to when and to what extent.... will it be in June? Will it become 2 way (at least for some length) or just reverse direction from its current route?

What about Bangla Rd and the other 2 cross-block roads?

Any ideas?

thanks

Best solution: Declare it being a parking area. whistling.gif

What limited parking is available is generally taken by the car & motorbike rentals which I assume will also become the case for the section which has just been widened. Hourly parking fees for everyone, including the rentals would surely generate more revenue regardless of how it is spent or kept. The public might then actually find a place to park on the beachfront.

What limited parking is available is generally taken by the car & motorbike rentals which I assume will also become the case for the section which has just been widened. Hourly parking fees for everyone, including the rentals would surely generate more revenue regardless of how it is spent or kept. The public might then actually find a place to park on the beachfront.

I personally don't agree with people who moan about parking in Patong. There is plenty of parking in Patong it's just a 5/10 minute walk from where you want to be. (Unless you want to be in Jungceylon)

It's simple maths. Look at the size of the beach. Look how many cars would fit along it, and then look at how many people would like to park there if they could. If you can work out a way to park 2000 cars in the space for 200 cars I'm sure the governor would love to hear it.

This is exactly the same everywhere in the world. City centres and tourist hot spots never have any parking and when they do it is always rammed full with a a massive queue. I'm not sure why people would dream that a tiny, heaving tourist town like Patong would be any different.

Wouldn't look too pretty on the beach mind.

Not much worse than the bar that was build by a resort on the beach area. Try walking by in the monsoon season at high tide, but watch for their deckchairs. bah.gif

I personally don't agree with people who moan about parking in Patong. There is plenty of parking in Patong it's just a 5/10 minute walk from where you want to be. (Unless you want to be in Jungceylon)

It's simple maths. Look at the size of the beach. Look how many cars would fit along it, and then look at how many people would like to park there if they could. If you can work out a way to park 2000 cars in the space for 200 cars I'm sure the governor would love to hear it.

This is exactly the same everywhere in the world. City centres and tourist hot spots never have any parking and when they do it is always rammed full with a a massive queue. I'm not sure why people would dream that a tiny, heaving tourist town like Patong would be any different.

Where is all this parking you are talking about???

Rental cars should not be allowed on the beach area, they should have booths and maybe 2 cars on display and deliver cars as they are ordered. Any increase in parks is a bonus for any of us who live locally and want or need parking when we go to Patong. Meters are also a good idea as the parks are not all taken by long term (workers and rental agencies)

Where is all this parking you are talking about???

Rental cars should not be allowed on the beach area, they should have booths and maybe 2 cars on display and deliver cars as they are ordered. Any increase in parks is a bonus for any of us who live locally and want or need parking when we go to Patong. Meters are also a good idea as the parks are not all taken by long term (workers and rental agencies)

I've never ever not been able to find a space on 200 year Rd when I've wanted one. I don't normally want one any more because I choose to park in Jungceylon.

If you look at a map of Patong and consider what type of place it is, then being able to park as close to everything as you are on 200 year road is pretty good if you ask me. Especially as it's free. It's even free in Jungceylon with a purchase, you don't get that very often in Western car parks in tourist hot spots I assure you.

The rest of your post is just typical egocentricity IMO. The vast majority of people that want to use Patong Beach will be tourists who don't have cars and walk to the beach every day. Probably 95%?? They are far more likely to need a hire car than a parking space. For you, the tiny minority, to expect to be able to pull up at a beach as heaving as Patong, park your car and step out on to the sand, is ridiculous to the extreme. Wouldn't happen anywhere else in the world so why should it here?