Google'S Chrome Browser Now The Web'S Most Used Browser

george

Report: Google's Chrome Browser Now The Web's Most Used Browser

Google Chrome has been long expected to leapfrog Microsoft’s Internet Explorer (IE) to take its position as the Web’s most used browser and, according to data from Statcounter, the momentous change of leadership happened last week.

Statcounter’s findings give Google a double win, after the analytics site found that its mobile browser — Android Robot — had leapfrogged Opera to become the most popular option for mobile-based Web surfers in March.

Measuring the Web is an imprecise science, very often based on scaling up small scale measurement surveys, but the gist of Statcounter’s data over the last year indicates that Chrome use is rising of Chrome at the expense of IE and Firefox, regardless of the exact precision of the data.

-- thenextweb.com

http://thenextweb.co...t-used-browser/

• Like 1

Think that most of us are creatures of habit - i know i am - and for a very long time i wouldn't consider anything other than IE. But somehow Google twisted my arm into giving Chrome ago, and the switch was made. Somebody's back needs patting.

that is maybe true for "some websites" but the broad major of websites still has the Number 1 Browser with 40 percent or so as Internet Explorer.

its just a amazing but the sad truth.

not even that .. in the mobile sector the iPhone simply puts everything in the very very deep dark !

makes Safari %'s growing not Chrome.

well its easy to make up this shit .. since basically nobody does actually have a high traffic site to proof it otherwise ;)

ergo: plain advertising ..

but well .. anything is better than Firefox on windows or IE Itself .. so if i had a windows machine .. i would be good with Chrome.

I was using Opera, until Chrome was launched. Went straight to Chrome. Works very well. Safari is a Mac program, and now that I use iPhone and iPad, I use it - but frankly Chrome is just better.

It's been mentioned that browsers are a habit, but like OS's everybody upgrades eventually.

• Like 1

I have tried most of the other browsers besides IE. I have always come back to IE. I keep a current copy of Nightly also just in case.

IE does take some tweaks to run best for each users style and I have found the those tweaks are all available in settings for IE.

MSPain

Edited by hml367

I switched to Chrome when it first appeared and found it to be a very satisfying experience.

The only time I have used FF since, is if I got an incompatible browser message on some sites, and the only time I have used IE is if I got that message in FF too.

And that hasn't happened in a dogs age now.

Chrome is good

But the article lost all credibility at the mobile browsing part, as 75% of all mobile browsing is from iOS (mobile safari) and 95% of tablet traffic is ipads. Declaring Chrome the "winner" in mobile is just silly

Chrome is good

But the article lost all credibility at the mobile browsing part, as 75% of all mobile browsing is from iOS (mobile safari) and 95% of tablet traffic is ipads. Declaring Chrome the "winner" in mobile is just silly

"75% of all mobile browsing is from iOS (mobile safari) and 95% of tablet traffic is ipads."

Links please.

Chrome is good

exactly .. this is just marketing ! very far away from the truth.

IE is still number 1 Browser with over 40% and the mobile part is just like you said.

opera is totally dead meet.

chrome just the 3rd choice.

but i really surprised about this since FF has became just the same nightmare as the IE already is.

Chrome should have ran over FF a long time already, but well it doesn't.

according to the stats i get for the various merchants i run affiliate programs for and my sites i would say this is a bold faced marketing lie,

IE comes out more than 60% firefox around 20% with chrome accounting for less than 10% of total

as far as mobile browsers , i would have no idea

Edited by phuketrichard

Chrome (32.76%) overtakes IE (31.94%).

not on my watch (report from last 2 weeks, just generated a few min ago)

I suppose it would depend on the types of users that download alternative browsers and the types of users that go to your website.

I suppose it would depend on the types of users that download alternative browsers and the types of users that go to your website.

yes .. thats exactly my point.

news like this have just zero value, except for the advertisements ;)

if you need something to be "better" just crop the sites where "alternate peoples" hanging around ;)

but honestly .. symbian on top .. i think that was the case in 2006 but its 2012 now.

Yep. This is a site that shows global sites they monitor. W3Counter

post-566-0-65751200-1338097742_thumb.jpg

This report was generated 04/30/2012 based on the last 15,000 page views to each website tracked by W3Counter. W3Counter's sample currently includes 57,177 websites. The browser market share graph includes data from all versions of the named browser families, not only the top 10 as listed below.

yes .. thats exactly my point.

news like this have just zero value, except for the advertisements wink.png

if you need something to be "better" just crop the sites where "alternate peoples" hanging around wink.png

but honestly .. symbian on top .. i think that was the case in 2006 but its 2012 now.

You are comparing browsers visiting your individual site to independent statistics sites that are gathering stats on global usage.